Chapter 28

Ruvel's P.O.V

"No! No ,no, no, this can't be happening! Sky please, please wake up please!" I pleaded as she shut her eyes. Mom came running down along with half of the other occupants. I could barely hear the ambulance when the got here over my heart racing and i couldn't see anything through the tears. I just wanted Sky to be okay. I can't loose anymore people that are this close to me. I just can't. 

"Move out of the way, kid!" yelled one of the EMTs as they got her on a stretcher and pushed her out of the house. I chased after them and Mom."We need someone to ride with us there. Anyone, just hurry." The other EMT said as calmly as he could. Without hesitation, I jumped in along with Mom and sped off towards the Hospital. We got there in five minutes flat, but it felt like an eternity as I sat there, seeing Sky's lifeless figure shake around on the stretcher. We waited and waited for any news on Sky's physical state. After a few hours, the doctor came out and told us that she was in a stable condition and we could see her tomorrow morning if everything stayed the same or better. That night was a beast. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I couldn't do anything except wait in front of her hospital room door. Mom got a call from the house and she had to go home, so I was left alone for the time being.

When morning came, I was aloud to see her. I walk into  her room to see her laying on her bed with an IV in her arm and an oxygen mask on her. I didn't listen to reason or logic right now, I ran over to her and grabbed her hand and said her name shakily. "Sky... Why'd you do it? I can't loose you. Not now, not yet." I just sat and stared at her, tears streaming down my face, onto hers.

"Sir, she isn't awake yet, she needs her rest. You can stay if you would like, but you need to remain quiet." A nurse said before leaving the room. The days went by agonizingly slow for the first week, then I had to go back to school to take a STAR test. (A STAR test is basically a placement test to see if you are keeping up with the curricular aspect of school) I went to school and didn't even speak one word. 

"Hey Ruv, what's up with you? You look terrible." Ash said, trying to start conversation with me. I sigh and blow his attempt off like every other person's attempt to talk to me for the day. When the clock hit three, I got up to go. I was about to open the door when my least favorite teacher called my name. "Ruvel, I didn't say you could leave. Now you will be the last person out." Senorita said to me.

"Go ahead and try me, senorita. But if you do, you will be on your ass before you can say 'Hola.'" I walked you with her yelling at me and half the class cheering me on. I walked passed the cars without a teachers permission and waited at the bus stop for about five minutes until I got on and headed for the Hospital.