Chapter 38

Ruvel's P.O.V

"What's taking Sky so long?" I thought as I waited in the library. I waited another minute before walking over to Sky's room. When I got there, I heard water running. I went into panic mode. I busted the bathroom door open to find Sky washing her face. Oh god her face. It was bloody and bruised. "Oh god, what happened, Sky?" I asked as she looked at me. 

I kneeled next to her and put a hand on her shoulder. She smiled at me but she was hurting so much right now, I didn't care. I cleaned her up as she told me what happened. She begged me not to go after anyone and I promised. I walked with her back to the library and we started watching movies on Netflix. I pulled Sky over to me and held her tight. She was so broken and it hurt me to see her this way. 

Sky's P.O.V

Ruvel pulled me close to him and hid his face in the crook of my neck. I blushed a little, but I liked the feeling. 

I felt safe with him, like I was just a normal sized girl who has a loving boyfriend who loved her

I felt safe with him, like I was just a normal sized girl who has a loving boyfriend who loved her. But I'm not, I am an over-weight girl who is nothing like any other girl in this place. I thought about this all the time, how he was probably doing this out of pity or because he felt bad for me and I believed every word of it. And this is when I realized that Ruvel must have some weird sixth-sense of when I though low of myself, because when I do, He always kisses me. 

This time however, he kissed my neck. "I love you, Sky. Every single part of you," He cooed as I blushed and rested my head on his. We stayed like that for a while and I fell asleep once or twice. When we finished  our movie marathon and decided to spend some time just talking with each other. "What's your favorite thing about me?" Ruvel asked me with a smirk on his face.

I mockingly thought for a little before replying, " You."

"So your favorite thing about me is me?" He questioned.

"Precisely!" I said as I booped his nose. He smiled and I asked him the same question about me. "What is your favorite thing about me?" He immediately responded to me.

"I love the fact that you are mine." He said as he grabbed my hand. "Next question, what is something you don't like about me?" He asked as I looked down. I didn't think that he would ask this question. At least, not yet.

I sighed and said my answer. "I don't like the fact that you always have to worry about me and my mental state every second of every day." I couldn't meet his gaze. I just couldn't bring myself to see his face after what I just said. I just indirectly put myself down and I know that sentence registered in his brain like that. "What's your favorite song to play on your guitar?" I asked back, trying to get off of this topic or out of this conversation.

"I like to play the song that I wrote," He said as he stood up, "And I want you to hear it." He went and got his guitar, sat down, and began playing.

I see you sitting there, smiling like you just don't care.

I can't believe that you were the one, the one who set my mind completely free.

You let me see who I was meant to be.

And now I see that it wasn't only you who saved me.

Now it's you and me, close as we could be, but you will never see the you that I see.

My beautiful, my one and only, my eternity, you are so beautiful to me.

You soon let me see your past, how it made you grow up to fast.

I wish I could take your pain, I wish that I could help calm your mind's disarray.

Now it's you and me, close as we could be, but you will never see the you that I see.

My beautiful, my one and only, my eternity, you are so beautiful to me.

Maybe you could be happy with me, If your demons could leave you be.

If they just let you rest, Just leave the rest to me.

And I could help you see,

That you are oh so beautiful to me.

He finished the song and I was in tears. "It's still a work in progress, but if you couldn't tell, it was about you, My Beautiful. You are my everything and I hope that maybe one day, I could help you be happy." He said as he put the guitar down and pulled me into a hug. He kissed my head and swayed back and forth as we were hugging.

"Thank you for loving me, Ruvel" I said as I melted into the hug. The dinner bell rang and we went down. Everyone was too busy talking to notice us, so yay. I thought I was in the clear until I saw the pile of presents on the table. Shoot! I forgot it was Marline's birthday. I quickly ran out of the room and up to mine. I grabbed one of my old iPod shuffles, wiped it's memory, and put it in a bag. I wrote mine and Ruvel's names on it and went back down to dinner.

She opened her presents and the last one was mine. She opened it and was surprised that I even got her a gift. She said thank you and everything went as normal, people mocking me and making snarky remarks about my appearance, and all that fun. When all of that was done, Ruvel went to take a shower. While he was doing that, I sat on the roof in my usual spot and watched the sunset. It was so beautiful and calming, I wish that I could have stayed there forever. Soon after the sun was no where in sight, I got a text from Ruvel. He was wondering where I was. 

I sighed and went back into the house. He walked into my room after I shut the window. "There you are, I was worried about you. Why were you on the roof?" Butts, he saw me come in through the window. 

"Because I like watching the sunset from there." I said as I grabbed some shorts and an old t-shirt. I went into the bathroom and changed. When I came out, Ruvel was sitting on my bed with his back against the wall and had that doofy grin on his face. I laid down on my bed with my head in Ruvel's lap. He played with my hair as we just sat in silence, enjoying each other's company. I was trying my hardest to not fall asleep, but when Ruvel covered me with his jacket, it was lights out for me.

Zoe's P.O.V

I was walking around the house, making sure that everyone was asleep. When I got to Sky's room, I saw her asleep on Ruvel's lap with his blanket over her. He was playing with her hair and he was humming quietly. I smiled and said, "Shouldn't you be asleep, young man?" He jumped a little and smiled at me. 

'Oh, it's just you, Zoe. I thought you were mom for a second. What's up?" Ruvel said as I walked into the room and sat in the desk chair. 

"Not much. How's Sky doing? Last night was rough for her I bet." He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. 

"Yeah, it was. She has a lot of inner-demons and I don't know what to do to get through to her. She thinks that the only reason I'm dating her is because I feel bad for her." He said as he looked down at Sky's sleeping figure.

"Well, why do you date her?" I questioned.

"I love her so much and She makes me feel whole. My life was a shit show until I met her. I just wish she could see that she is a rarity among common people. She is always real, never fake. She doesn't use make-up to make her look beautiful because she already is. She is my masterpiece and I want to help her see that she is worth more than anything in the world to me." Wow, I barely know this kid and he just poured his heart out to me about the love of his life. I guess he really does love her.

"Then find another way to show her that. Keep finding new ways to show her until you find one that works. Now, why don't you get some sleep, Kiddo." I said as I turned the lights off. He moved Sky to where she was laying on top of him and he was holding her.