10.8

Daniel POV
Leigh ran outside and quickly got into her car, starting the engine.

"LEIGH!" I yelled, running out of the building, coming up to her car.

She wiped my tears but they didn't stop flowing, as she put my car in reverse I ran up to the window banging on it, all out of breath.

"Please stop! Where are you even going?" I said.

She looked behind me and so I turned around, seeing Jack bursting out of the main doors.

"Away from all of you!" She yelled through the window and sped off.

"LEIGH!" I yelled as I watched her go off.

"Dani here!" Jack yelled as he threw my his car keys. "Go get her!"

I stopped at caught the keys, smiling at him and he smiled back.

"Now stop with the lovely dovey look on your face and go get her!" He said pointing to his car that was across the lot.

I ran to Jack car as quick as I could and got in. I pulled up Leigh location on my phone and pulled out of the lot quickly.

I called Leigh once and she didn't answer.

Twice. No answer.

"dammit Leigh." I said to myself, trying a third time and it finally worked.

"Stop Daniel!"

"NO! I care about you!"

"Don't call me again!"

"I'm coming to get you." I said and hung up before she could react.

Leigh POV
I drove out of the building complex and off into the street. I wasn't thinking of where I was going, I just wanted to get away from everybody. I stepped on the gas pedal while thought went through my mind.

Did Jonah actually sleep with my best friend while I was off getting help? Why didn't they tell me? Does Daniel actually like me or was he using me get over Kaylee?

Daniel called me, and on the third call I answered.

"Stop Daniel!" I yelled into the phone.

We were both talking and driving and a part of me wanted to hang up just so I know he would drive with two hands. The other part of me wanted to hang up cause I hated him.

"NO! I care about you!" He yelled back.

"Don't call me again!"

"I'm coming to get you." He said and then hung up.

Those words meant so much more then I wanted them too. No. I can't like him, not anymore.

That was my last thought I had before my body rocked by a deep impact of a metal-on metal collision. I didn't even see the truck as we both were going the full speed limit. And then everything feel into darkness.

Darkness swirled in my head.

The first thing I noticed was the smell. Smoky and acrid, like an extinguished campfire.

I slowly open my eyes.

I was in my car, lodged between the seat and the airbag. The front of the car burst opened, letting the cool air hit me.

I blinked a few times.

I opened my eyes as much as I could but they seemed to want to close again.

I heard strangers yelling but at the same time I heard nothing except the ringing in my ears.

I heard sirens in the distance.