Ch. 14 How I fell for him. Literally...

Start from the beginning

I pushed him away and kept running. "Just because I broke up with Drew doesn't mean that I'm going to be with you," I exclaimed. He didn't show himself but I started to get tired. I slowed to a jogging and realized that I'd run half the distance to the house. I leaned against a tree and caught my breath. I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I clutched my chest and kneeled over. What the hell is going on? 'Mate.' Shut up Amy! Drew isn't my mate anymore. 'Mate.' Amy kept saying it over and over and I was starting to get light headed. Everything was blurring around me. I just barely made out some shoes.

"Look at what I've got here," someone said. I was so tired that I passed out. What's going to happen to me?

Drew's POV

I wanted to run after her but something stopped me. I turned around and was punched in the face. "Mutt you've been a bit to nosy. What's the cause," someone asked. I looked up and it was a vampire. A female one at that. "Listen bloodsucker. I don't have time for your bullshit," I said. I have to get back to Haylynn. She didn't mean what she said. I just want to k now why she said it. "Oh but I'm sorry. You need to come with me," she said.

"What makes you think that I'm going with you," I asked. "Oh I don't think you have a choice," she said. She lunged for me but I dogged and bit her arm. She screamed but the cut healed over. Why am I not going wolf? 'Mate.' That's all my inner wolf could think about but yet it didn't make me change. I need to go wolf and protect her. She just ran off and headed for the woods. Haven't I told her how dangerous the woods are? The vampire retaliated and cut my arm. I growled and stared at her. "I'm gonna kill you leech," I said through clenched teeth.

She smiled and circled me. "Oh but I don't think so lover boy. I know your weakness. If you don't want any harm to come to her, you'll come with me," she said. On the inside I was shocked and panicking but on the outside I held my same emotionless expression. "Oh? And what exactly is my weakness," I asked. "The human. Haylynn. We have her in fact. Oh if only you ran after her. Oh well. Love is too messy." I lunged for her and she hit my rib. Fuck!

I crouched down still ready to attack but in so much pain. "Listen it wasn't my job to kill you. If it was I would've done that by now. Just come with me so that I can get my next meal," she said. I grinned at her and hit her ankle. She fell and tried to get up but she wasn't fast enough. I pinned her and she was flashing her fangs at me.

"Sorry heartless. Looks like you lose," I said. For some reason she smiled and something hit my head. Before I blacked out I heard a man say, "Can't you do anything right?!"

****************

Lisa's POV

"Hunter calm down," I said. He was pacing the room and shaking. "Something's happened Lisa! I just know it! It's just something an alpha knows," he exclaimed. I tried to wrap my hands around his waist but he shrugged me away. "This is serious," he exclaimed. I sighed and headed for the door.

"You can worry about nothing if you want," I said. "Where are you going," he asked. "To cook. Do you have a problem with that?" "Yes! I need you!" I turned around exhausted and said, "What now!? I cook, clean, and stay home all day. What do you want now!?" He looked at me stunned and I put a hand over my mouth.

He walked up to me cautiously and said, "No one is forcing you to stay here. You could work if you wanted." "Oh yeah? What would happen to the house? It would fall apart without me. You also need to treat Abby better." "What does this have to do with Abby," he demanded. He growled trying to give me a warning but I ignored the warning. "Don't you dare growl at me! I'm your wife," I said. "I can't tell! You're always gone!" I laughed and said, "Me always gone!? I'm always here or doing things for our house! Do you know how hard it is for me to do all this work!? I don't even get a thank you!"