E P I L O U G E

"Of course I'll be yours, Taehyungie."

----

Jungkook sat in his foldable chair, fiddling with his thumbs out of nervousness. This was the moment, a big moment: it was a milestone in his life.

He was graduating.

He reluctantly turned his head to scan all the family and friends that had showed up to support his peers, frowning. Every single one of them looked so happy and proud, and that alone left him feeling even worse.

Quickly, he turned back to his fidgeting thumbs. He had practically chewed his bottom lip to death in light of recent events, so he could barely bring himself to do so much as pull it between his teeth, as he usually did when he got anxious. With the loss of his go-to outlet, all he could do was nervously sit and twiddle his stupid thumbs.

"Jeon Jungkook!"

The male's breath hitched in his throat as he instantly looked up in the direction of his principal, Park Chanyeol. He reluctantly stood up, the sweat from his palms leaving him feeling clammy and gross, and approached the stage. Step by step, breath by breath.

He was really doing it.

"YEAH, JUNGKOOKIE!"

The aforementioned male turned towards the familiar, deep voice, and within the crowd, his saw his silly, idol boyfriend, one hand stuck up in the air, just in case Jungkook wasn't able to find him.

"YOU GOT THIS!"

He nodded, flustered as the audience looked between him and the shouting male. He was glad Taehyung had been able to make it to support him, but... "T-thank you, Chanyeol," he stuttered, changing his focus from his lover to the principal who had, for some odd reason, always believed in him.

"Of course." The older male smiled, such an accepting smile it was, and handed over the diploma. Jungkook had come a long way since the beginning of the school year, and he couldn't be more happy for him. He knew that the student had finally found his purpose for living. "Good luck."

"Thank you."

Jungkook bowed to him slightly and turned to walk off the stage. His mind was still consumed with nervousness and anxiety at the after-feel of all the watching eyes on him, and as he sat down on his seat, waiting for the ceremony to finish so he could rush to Taehyung, he began to shake.

"And that's it! Thank you all for coming to this year's graduation ceremony!"

The brunette practically jumped up from his spot. Within an instant, he was searching for Taehyung, searching for the one person who could help to soothe him and his thoughts.

And then he saw him, and before he had even realized it, his body had started to move on its own, in his direction.

"Tae!"

The idol broke out into the biggest smile at the sound of his name. "Kooks!" he exclaimed happily, rushing over towards the person he had come to love so much. "I'm so proud of you!" He engulfed him in a loving hug and kissed his cheek, smiling against his soft, baby-like skin. "I really am."

Jungkook nodded slowly. Just the sound of the idol's voice calmed his shaking body, but the feeling of nervousness still existed within him. "I know you are. Thank you..."