C H P - 33

"Who is this cute bunny?"

----

Screaaaach.

The bus finally arrived.

"Alright..." Taehyung yawned and stood up slowly, groaning when various parts of his body popped. "We have arrived at our stop." He offered a hand to help his sleepy friend out of the seat, and it felt as if all fatigue was whisked from his body when his offer was accepted.

"Why do you sound like one of those automated voices in the bus that go, 'we have arrived'?" Jungkook inquired, laughing groggily.

Taehyung shrugged. "Dunno." He chuckled slightly and began to make his way up to the front of the bus. Their hands were still connected, so without meaning to, he dragged the younger along with him. "Thank you, sir." He bowed to the driver, who seemed more than happy to have given them a ride, and hopped off.

"Where are we going?" Jungkook asked again, wanting to try his luck. He struggled to not trip over his own feet as they walked.

"It's a surprise."

"But what if you take me into a forest and try to murder me or something?"

Taehyung sighed deeply, squeezing his friend's hand. Why would Jungkook even think that about him? Did he not make it obvious just how much he cared for him? "You really think I would do that? If I wanted to murder you, I would have done it while you were sleeping and cuddled up in my arms. But I didn't, did I?" Again, he squeezed. "No, I didn't, and I never will, so come on."

Jungkook's heart dropped. He had only meant it as a joke, but the older's response left him feeling bad for saying anything at all. He rotated his hand slightly and laced their fingers, conveying that he was sorry and that he really did trust him.

Taehyung seemed to understand as he squeezed yet again. "It's alright," he wanted to say, but their hold on one another was already enough.

Hands connected almost seamlessly, the two of them continued to walk in silence. They would go straight for a while, turn left, straight, turn right, turn left, and so on and so forth. After a while, Taehyung suddenly halted, turning to face his friend. "Okay, I need you to get on my back and close your eyes. Is that alright?" His face was set straight, yet his eyes held a gentle concern in them, the likes of which the coconut had never seen before. The idol must have still been worried about the joke that was made.

"Of course," Jungkook responded softly. He needed to show his friend that he really meant what he had said, so with no hesitance at all, he closed the distance between them and wrapped his arms around Taehyung's neck from behind. He whispered, "1... 2... 3!" and jumped, knowing that the older would be there to catch his thighs.

"Is this comfortable enough?"

The younger hummed and set his head on Taehyung's shoulder, closing his dark eyes. "Ready whenever you are," he mumbled, and he swore the idol smiled.

"Alright."

Then they continued on, one step at a time. Jungkook found himself losing track of the time that had passed. All he knew was Taehyung was carrying him, and like always, Taehyung was warm; it was easy for him to focus completely on that warmth and nothing else.