C H P - 52 | | E N D

"Hey."

----

"Did you get my message?" Taehyung asked softly, stepping closer to Jungkook and sitting down in the stool right beside him. He shot a nervous glance at the male to give himself the chance to refresh his memory of his face; gosh, he had missed that face.

"What message? And why are you here?" The younger grabbed his phone off the counter with trembling hands and shoved it back into the pocket of his jeans. "I thought you cut off all ties with me."

"I regret it. I made a mistake and I came back to fix it. That song, it was for you. I was hoping it would fix it: this space that has been made between us." The older finally managed to build up enough courage to meet his beloved's gaze, and the utter pain and betrayel held within his exhausted eyes left him breathless.

"F-fix it? What is there to fix? You did nothing wrong. It was my fault, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you. I just... I just shouldn't have started feeling at all."

"Jungkook..." The idol's entire expression fell. He had really thought it was his fault all this time? "No. It was my fault for walking away. I'm sorry."

The idol already felt quite anxious with the whole situation, but hearing Jungkook apologize for something that was most definitely not his fault only brought his anxiousness level from 1 to 100, mixed with about another 10,000 levels of guilt. The urge to hold him close again was unbearable, and all he wanted was to get his feelings out in the open. He had been holding them in for an absurd amount of time, and he felt as if nothing needed to be said to the male to assure that he wasn't at fault for anything; instead, he felt it needed to be shown. "Kookie, close your eyes," he whispered, leaning forward uncertainly. "Please, just close your eyes..."

Jungkook did so instantly. What had happened between them was all his fault, it didn't matter what Taehyung said. It was, and because of this, he felt it was only right to do whatever was asked of him, even if it left him feeling even more pain than he already had been for the weeks they had been apart.

"Taehyung, I'm sor..."

The younger's words were cut off when he felt the familiar warmth of Taehyung's hand land on his cheek. A cold wave of shock rushed down his spine, sending goosebumps up to graze his skin. It was so nice to feel his touch again, to feel his presence. He almost wanted to cry with how much emotions suddenly surged through his body. "Taehyung, are you... going to kiss me?" His eyes remained closed, voice quiet and nervous.

The singer didn't answer as he swallowed thickly, bringing his other hand up to hold onto the younger's waist. He tried to keep the hold loose, but with the anxiousness he felt, he couldn't help but tighten the grip he had on the boy's hip. He could tell Jungkook was just as nervous as he was, but the thought hadn't brought any comfort. He still felt nervous, he still felt regret, and he still felt love. That lingering feeling of love was what gave him the courage to finally close the distance between them and reunite their lips.

And all at once, he felt the once unwelcome butterflies grace his stomach as he hesitantly started to move his lips against the other's. He couldn't hear Jungkook's surprised gasp over the deafening beat of his heart. He couldn't feel the way the younger nervously kissed back as he pushed the slightest bit closer. He could feel nothing, hear nothing. His own emotions were running wild, and he had to pull himself away just so he could have the pleasure of registering the moment.