C H P - 42

"Stop it. Get some help."

----

Ever since the call with Taehyung and the other BTS members, Jungkook had found himself feeling just a little bit better. He hadn't cried since then, or at least, not during the day.

It was just all so sudden: the move and the truth. He managed to get himself through the days by distracting himself with his school work, but at night, it all hit him, and he couldn't keep the tears from flowing.

Each morning he woke up with puffy eyes, and throughout the day, they would go back to normal, but then night would come and it would begin all over again: the pain, the tears, the memories. It just never went away.

At first, he had been somewhat okay, as the school work really did keep him distracted, but then whatever Forces That Be decided he needed to hurt again, so they sent horrid luck upon his school.

Only about a week in, all of the students got a notice that school would be cancelled for an undetermined amount of time. It didn't go much into detail, but it stated that there had been a leak, which ended up damaging the ceilings and other various parts of the building.

Losing his only way to distract himself left him drained, both mentally and physically. He constantly felt weak, and even though it didn't help much, the only thing he had the strength to do was strum songs on the guitar that his mother had left him. From morning till night, he did nothing but strum, using his heart to decide which string his fingers landed upon, yet today... For some reason, today was different.

He didn't want to play.

No.

All he wished to do was relax and talk to his beloved, the talented idol, Kim Taehyung.

But no.

Taehyung just had to choose this day to not respond to his messages.

Jungkook strung himself across the couch (one of the only pieces of furniture his father bothered to leave), pretty annoyed just thinking about it. His legs dangled off the end while his arms were set over his eyes, blocking out the sunlight. He would have to sleep to keep himself preoccupied; it was the only thing he could do.

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

In.

His mind relaxed, and his chest slowly rose and-

Knock, knock.

He jolted upwards, gaze immediately landing on the door. He wanted to sleep. He wanted to sleep.

He sighed and closed his eyes, listening the best he could to the sounds outside. He was just waiting for the person to leave.

Knock, knock.

"Just when I was finally going to get some sleep..." He stood up and begrudgingly dragged himself over to the door, finding himself waiting just a few extra seconds. That sliver of hope that who ever it was would go away still lingerered within his heart.

He hovered his hand over the door knob and closed his eyes. Leave, leave, leave...

But yet again there were two more knocks on the door.