"I know this is going off-topic of what we were discussing and it's foolish of me to even be asking-"

"I would if it meant protecting the person I love."

Elijah quickly responded, not even giving me a chance to finish my sentence. I was taken aback by his answer since that wasn't what I was expecting him to say!

"Wait!? So were you serious when you said you would kill Ren?!"

I nervously asked him with a wary tone in my voice. Elijah didn't say anything other than grab me closer and tighten his hold around my body. I soon felt my heart beginning to beat faster with uneasiness, I never want Eli to hurt anyone, let alone take someone's life!

"Luna, I'm not a fucking serial killer or someone who likes hurting others, but I won't think twice about doing something like that if it means keeping you out of harm's way. I just want to make sure that you're happy and safe when you're with me...I just wish I had more time left...to do that."

He explained while placing a light kiss on my forehead, but what he said grabbed my attention...

"What do you mean...more time left?"

I asked him with a confused stare...

"It's nothing...Luna. Look, getting back to what I was saying earlier. I don't like Ren near you, and I already told you that I don't like him touching you either, it's obvious that kid likes you! It pissed me off when I saw him holding you the way he did in front of your house! I know you said nothing happened between you two last night other than having him take you home, but just thinking about him being close to you...it just..."

As he gave out an annoying sigh, he forcefully brought his hands up and placed them on each side of my face!

"Luna, I'm sorry that I lied to you, I feel like a total piece of shit for doing that, but I feel more fucking horrible for what you saw. It was a completely misfortunate accident that wasn't my fault! I wish you didn't have to go through that pain because of me. I don't even wanna know what I would've done if I saw you kissing some other guy!"

He continued to talk with tensity in his voice as he raised my head to look at me, I began to study his eyes in search of any disloyalty or any type of lie in what he just said. However, all I saw was sincerity, love, and sadness in those crystal blue eyes of his...

Slowly placing my hand against his chest. I pushed myself forward...leaving a light kiss on those soft lips of his. I could feel my cheeks becoming flushed as I slowly pulled away, I was able to get a good view of Elijah's reaction as I looked at him in embarrassment. The way he looked at me was priceless, I couldn't hold in my light laughter...

"Why are you looking at me like I did something weird?"

I giggled while placing my forehead against his...

"I just didn't think you would ever kiss me again, let alone forgive me for what I put you through."

He responded, still sounding in shock...

"Well, I accept your apology. It's going to be hard for me to forget about what happened though, but now that I know the truth...I'm willing to forgive you. However! No more lies, Elijah. I mean it because next time I don't know if I'll be able to give you another chance."

I explained to him in a strict-like manner.

Elijah then looked at me for a split second with a troubled look in his eyes. He then quickly shifted his gaze away right after, it was as if he wanted to tell me something important. Was there something else that he wasn't telling me? No, I'm sure Elijah wouldn't keep any dark secrets from me...

Seeing how Eli was having a hard time responding to my explanation, I finally decided to change the subject to something more lenient. Grabbing Elijah's hand, I laced my fingers with his...

"Eli, your birthday is coming up this week...was there something you wanted to do?" I asked as I sat on his bed more comfortably.

"No... there's nothing I want to do on that day, I just want you to be with me until the very end...of my birthday."

He explained sounding a bit sad for some reason as he sat upright on the bed, he then pulled me on top of his lap. Gently resting his head on my shoulder, he wrapped his arms around me and began caressing my arm with his long fingers. I soon placed my head on top of his while running my fingers through his soft brown hair...

"Of course, I'll be there with you on your birthday, I'll always be there for all your future birthdays to celebrate you getting old!"

I said jokingly, trying to cheer him up. But it looked like I just made it worse by how quiet he had gotten. Gripping his hold on me, he peered into my eyes...longing for something I couldn't understand. Does he not like celebrating his birthday? Or maybe it's the fact that he'll be eighteen and I'll still be a minor? No, Elijah would never let the age gap get between our relationship...so what else could it be for him to seem so depressed?

"I love you..."

Eli suddenly whispered his sweet words to me, how I missed hearing him say that. I could feel his warm soothing breath pressing down against my neck, causing my body to shiver with delight...

"I love you too, Eli...you'll tell me if something was bothering you, right?"

I asked in an anxious tone, Elijah then gave me a faint smile as he nodded his head. But all I saw was uneasiness in his eyes, I can't do this anymore! I need to know what is bothering him...

"Eli! Stop lying to me already, I know that you're not okay. You look at me with so much pain like you're suffering! So...please...just tell me what's on your mind?"

I raised my voice in concern as I gripped his shirt. Looking into his eyes...nothing seemed to change, all he did was bring his lips close to mine...

"There's nothing wrong, trust me...I just...always want you by my side. But I feel like I'm becoming too greedy."

He said while resting his forehead on my clavicle. It hurts knowing that he won't tell me what's wrong with him, I know when he's telling the truth. I've known him for so long so it's kind of a no-brainer when he's being honest. I know I can't force the truth out of him, but I hope and pray that he will tell me one day...

"Alright...I just get this inkling feeling that you're hiding something from me, nevertheless, I'll trust you. And I don't think you're greedy-"

Immediately silencing my words, I realized something very important!