x.

They had introduced something new and unfamiliar to her. They were electrocuting her frequently and testing her reactions. They didn't falter whenever she screamed.

"Hey! Hey, stop! Stop! Don't touch her!" Samuel cried beside her. Miraculously, Onyxia could feel the cold from the gas ceasing and she could sit herself up. Panting erratically, she readied her cannon and pointed them at any human that made a move towards her. When Samuel took a step towards her she snapped her cannon towards him.

"Don't! Come near me," she snapped.

"Onyx we need your help, please. The AllSpark. It's here and the Decepticons know," he begged.

"Y-You're stupid to think I'm going to help your species. I-I thought they'd changed. Clearly not." She stood up from the table she was on and made a move to leave but Mikaela cried out for her to stop.

"Onyxia, please," the human begged softly. "If not for us, for your people."

"You tell them to leave me the fuck alone and sure," Onyxia spat, motioning to Simmons and all the men who hurt her. They all nodded nervously and flinched once she smashed as much equipment as possible on her way out. Deep down, she knew that she had a special connection to the humans. Despite all the bad they could do, she had experienced great compassion too. She could see that within Samuel and Mikaela. She would never stop fighting for the race she lived with for thousands of years, no matter how angry she was with their actions.

"Follow us," Samuel spoke.

---------------

Onyxia stepped into a large room with all sorts of scaffoldings and platforms which surrounded the AllSpark. It was in its true form, which meant it was an enormous cube. "I won't ask how this cube managed to grow in size," she remarked, reaching up to the cube and touching it, which sent out a wave of blue energy in response to her touch. It began to shrink to a cube that could fit comfortably in her hands. Satisfied, she turned to the shocked humans.

"I have a message from Optimus," she spoke. "We should move."

"She's right. We stay here, we're screwed with Megatron in the other hangar," a soldier spoke up. While she appreciated the support, she could not overlook the fact that Megatron was being kept with the AllSpark.

"Excuse me? Could you idiots not have done something so stupid?" she exclaimed. Simmons looked at her with exasperation. 

"Apologies for not knowing what NBE One is, lady," he snapped back.

"You all meddle with things you don't understand..." she sneered, "and deny any blame. Your ignorance will only get you so far." She turned to the soldier who expressed agreement with her. "What's the plan, soldier?"

"Mission City. It's 22 miles away. If we can sneak the cube out of here and hide it in the city...we might have a chance to win," he spoke. Onyxia nodded, accepting the idea.

"Good! Right!" an old man who looked to be in a position of power spoke.

"But," the soldier added, "we cannot make a stand without the Air Force."

"This place must have some sort of radio link!" the old man spoke passionately. "Shortwave, CB." Simmons confirmed his words.

"Sir, you got to figure out some way to get word out to them. Let's move!" the soldier told Simmons, leaving him behind with the task of contacting the Air Force. Onyxia transformed into her alt mode and opened her doors for Mikaela and Samuel to get in.

"This is it, you two," she said to the humans as she followed the soldiers. "If you don't want to fight, then I can leave you somewhere safe. The Autobots can work with the army to defeat the Decepticons. You don't have to risk your lives."

"It's okay, Onyx," Samuel spoke. "We're in this now. We're not going to run when things get tough." They had made their way out of the dam now and Onyxia was leading a series of vehicles to the location Optimus was pinging for her.

"The cube's okay?" Samuel asked Mikaela, who turned to look at the cube in the back seat.

"Yeah, it's fine," she assured him.

"Just put the seatbelt on."

Onyxia cackled, "Samuel, it's fine. It's not going to spontaneously combust if things get rough."

"Shut up, Onyx." 

Onyxia drew close to the Autobots and soon could see her comrades approaching her in their alt modes. "This way, guys," she spoke through the radio, driving straight past them and continuing her trip to Mission City.

"Onyxia," Bumblebee spoke as he did a one-eighty and drove up to her side. "I want to apologise for last night's events. I could not save you."

Onyxia was touched by the apology he gave her, knowing that it was completely unnecessary. "Bee, you helped me when no one else did. When they had chosen to let me sacrifice myself, you refused to give up. Even if it didn't work out how we wanted, your effort is more than appreciated. I would expect nothing less than that from my partner and I could not be more proud to refer to you as that. You are a true friend and comrade."

"...Thank you, Onyxia. May I ask what you meant by not wanting to go back?"

"I was once contained in a building similar to the dam. I was tortured and experimented on for years...I didn't want that to happen again."

"I'm sorry I couldn't prevent that from happening again."

"What have I said about apologising, mister?" Onyxia said lightheartedly. "It's not your fault."

"I know, I just...wish I could protect you from harm. I want nothing but the best for you." His words shocked Onyxia as she had never heard such a thing from him before. Somewhere deep within her, she wanted his words to have more than just a platonic connotation. "As your partner, of course."

Forget about it, Onyxia thought with defeat, I don't know what I was thinking there. Don't even know why I was thinking about it in the first place.

"Of course, Bee. We are partners after all. I would do the same for you if you were in my place," she told him. Somewhere deep within Bumblebee, he knew he didn't see her as just a partner. Thousands of years could never change how he felt about her on Cybertron. She meant more to him than life itself.

He only wished he could tell her.