xiii.

The next few hours, nothing changed. Sam's parents were on their way back, and Bumblebee refused to acknowledge Onyxia's existence. So, she drove around the neighbourhood to clear her mind. It didn't really help her much and she only ended up at the old second-hand car dealership she used to live at. Nothing had changed in two years, which she was thankful for. Just the same old crappy dealership with an alley for a home. She brought out her holoform and sat on her hood, watching the cars on the street beside her pass by. Something about it brought about a sense of peace within her. 

This was where she got her current altmode. Her favourite. This was where she discovered Bumblebee. There were shards of glass scattered across the floor, almost like snow. As she turned her head, the sunlight would reflect off the little shards in all sorts of bright ways. It was her own little light show, although her mind was quite distracted by the question of, why is there so much glass?

A strong gust of wind blew her hair all over her face, but also caused a sound to emit from the shards as they scratched across the ground. Like wind chimes. 

"Hi, dear," Grandma Anne greeted Onyxia softly, admiring the lovely green Irish over-dress she wore over the long white dress she always wore. "Oh, you look absolutely beautiful."

"What is that sound?" Onyxia asked with gently furrowed eyebrows. The sound was peaceful and calm, sounding whenever the wind blew. Almost like metal against metal, but softer. Not like Cybertron. The fights on Cybertron where she clashed against others engrained a rough and unforgettable sound of scraping metal within her mind.

"Oh, that? Those are wind chimes, dear. Lovely, aren't they?"

"Yes..."

"Now, come, come. I made you a lovely supper." At those words, Onyxia perked up. Her mind shifted from the thoughts of her birthplace to the lovely suppers Anne would cook for her.

Onyxia would never admit that she missed the times when there was no battle to be fought, no war to be won. She could indulge in all the wonderful creations of humankind without the fear of the Decepticons, and especially without the responsibilities of being a Prime. Starscream's words from two years ago still rang true in her mind. 

You may have the title of Prime but you're nothing but the Sparkling I knew you as long ago...

She hadn't fought as Optimus fought, sacrificed what he sacrificed, and led how he led. She was young and foolish, unable to lead with even a hint of confidence without Optimus by her side calling the shots. She was no Prime. She was just...Onyxia, daughter of a Prime. Her influential title wasn't earned, it was given to her by her ancestors for being the daughter of Optimus...maybe. Why else would they give me such a title when I had done nothing to deserve it as my own father has?

Speaking of her father, Optimus' voice sounded from her altmode's radio. "Onyxia, Bumblebee. We have a problem. I need you both to meet me at this location with Sam."

"Father, he hasn't even been to college for a whole day yet," Onyxia argued gently.

"I understand that, but we've received a threat from the Decepticons. The Fallen shall rise again." Onyxia's spark sank in its chamber when she heard the threat. She had...no idea who the Fallen was. What were they capable of? 

"Noted, father. Will be at the set location as fast as possible." Her holoform fizzled away and her altmode sped towards Sam's college.

"Bee?" she spoke through the radio.

"Yes, Onyx?" he replied.

"Wanna race me?"

She could hear the smile in her partner's voice when he agreed.

---------------------

Onyxia turned her wheel sharply, ending up in a garden of a dorm on the college grounds and arriving just a couple of seconds before Bumblebee, who parked on the street.

"Cheat."

"I did not cheat, Bee," she laughed, her holoform getting out of her altmode, only to collide into a solid chest.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" the boy whose chest she collided into demanded. "Parking in the fucking garden like you own the place." He shoved her back against her altmode and she winced at the force of it.

"Hey!" Bumblebee snapped, his holoform walking in front of Onyxia protectively. He gave the boy a shove before extending an arm just slightly away from his body to further keep Onyxia away from the boy. "Don't you touch her!"

"B-Bee..." Onyxia stuttered, almost in complete shock at how swiftly he came to protect her.

"Who the fuck are you? Her boyfriend? Tell your dumbass girl to get her piece-of-shit car off the garden-"

Bumblebee threw a punch directly at the boy's face, landing dead in the middle of it and colliding so hard that there was a loud crack heard. Onyxia was rendered speechless, her face slowly reddening as his act of protection involved directly going against Optimus' rule of harming the humans. While it wasn't something to be proud of, she couldn't help but feel pride anyway.

"You touch her again and I'll break your arms," Bumblebee spat, looking down at the writhing human with a look of disgust. Onyxia's hand found itself gently wrapping its fingers around her partner's arm, distracting the Autobot from what he had just done. He gave her a nod, silently asking her if she was okay. She squeezed his arm softly in reply.

"Hey! H-hey! What the hell?!" Sam yelled as he ran outside. The two partners almost leapt away from each other in shock.

"S-Sam!" Onyxia exclaimed with a nervous laugh. "L-let's get out of here, shall we?"

As Sam got into Bumblebee, both a scrawny-looking brunette boy and an uncomfortably flirtatious blonde girl gathered around the yellow Autobot.

"I love Camaros," the girl spoke seductively. Onyxia and Bumblebee both looked at each other with raised eyebrows before Onyxia snorted, getting into her alt-mode. Bumblebee's faded away as soon as he got into the backseat of his altmode.

"I can't do this right now, okay?" Sam snapped at the flirtatious girl, obviously having had to deal with her before. She got in without even asking for permission and Onyxia felt her frustration grow.

Bumblebee and the Prime sped out of the college grounds and towards the location of Optimus, which just so happened to be a cemetery. While Onyxia could not hear exactly what was occurring within Bumblebee, she could just faintly see the silhouettes of Sam and the uncomfortable girl from behind her partner, who had decided to piss the girl off by smashing her head against the dashboard and spraying something in her face. As soon as Bumblebee swerved to the side of the road, the girl got out immediately.

Onyxia snorted, "Nice, Bee."