xi.

"Oh, no, no, no," Samuel rushed out, looking behind him at what both Onyxia and Bumblebee had noticed. The Decepticons were right behind them in their alt modes. Barricade and Bonecrusher were mercilessly destroying anything in their path.

"We need a barricade," Onyxia commanded. Responding to her command, Optimus, Ratchet, and Ironhide all gathered behind her to protect her. Noticing this, Bonecrusher transformed into his bipedal form and began to skate after them. Optimus followed suit and transformed into his bipedal mode to fight the Decepticon. The last Onyxia saw of the two was Bonecrusher tackling Optimus off the freeway they were driving on.

----------------

"Air Force has arrived! Pop smoke!" the soldier, which Onyxia had learnt was called Lennox, called. She and the Autobots were parked in the middle of a city street and she had begun to regret agreeing to the plan when she saw the many potential casualties that could come from this fight. The sound of a jet sounded and Ironhide transformed into his bipedal mode to call out,

"It's Starscream!"

It had begun.

Bumblebee followed suit and transformed into his bipedal mode to assist Ironhide as the weapon's specialist grabbed a truck to use as a barricade for everyone behind them. Onyxia, knowing what was bound to happen, transformed into her bipedal mode to call out to Bumblebee and Ironhide. "Get away! Get away, Bumblebee!" she cried. The first missile Starscream launched landed and hit the truck but the second missile he launched hit the side that Bumblebee was on. The impact of the blow sent everyone flying back. Onyxia hurriedly sent out her still-injured holoform to reach Bumblebee after the explosion. Miraculously, her dislocated arm (the first wound she sustained) had healed. It was only the bullet wound in her gut that continued to leak energon out. Ignoring the pain, she pushed on to reach her partner and fell to her knees at the sight before her. His legs were blown in half. 

"Oh, my Primes, Bee," she whispered in pure shock and horror. "I-I..." His pained whirs and struggle to move broke her spark in two. Her eyes began gathering tears as he chose to drag himself closer to her for comfort. She cupped his cheek gently as she looked into his eyes, which communicated only pain to her. "I-I can...I need Ratchet. Ratchet! RATCHET!" she screamed as she pushed herself up to look around at the aftermath. Fear gripped her spark as she couldn't find any signs of the medic anywhere. "RATCHET!" she sobbed, running a hand through her thick and matted hair. Her breathing became increasingly erratic as the situation sunk in. Was he going to die? He couldn't stand anymore; how was he going to be safe from the Decepticons in this state?

Crumbling to her knees once more, she hid her face in her hands with shame. If she were only quicker he would've been safe. Forget what could happen to her, Bumblebee mattered to her more.

"Onyx...Onyx, you need to get out of here," Bumblebee whirred softly. To see her in such a state that was worse than the one she was in just last night hurt him.

"No...no, I can't leave. No," she choked. "I-If I can just get Ratchet y-you'll be fine!"

"Please, Onyxia."

"No. No, I won't listen to you." She began looking around for anything that could help her. More shots sounded from a tank that was none other than Devastator in his alt mode. Luckily enough the shots weren't high enough to make it over the barricade that was formed out of rubble from Starscream's previous attack. Onyxia was brought out of her panic when Bumblebee nudged her with the AllSpark.

"I'm not leaving you!" she exclaimed. "Y-You're my partner and I'm going to protect you! Give that God-forsaken cube to Samuel, not me!" She snatched the cube and threw it to Samuel, who was watching the two interact with a solemn expression.