xxxvi.

"If there is any more you know, anything at all about the enemy's intentions...now is the time to tell," Mearing spoke to Sam. They were in Mearing's private plane with rows consisting of only one seat. Onyxia was to Sam's right and settled for watching the scenery pass from the window, a feeling of sorrow surrounding her and occupying the air around her. No one made an attempt to speak to her, not even the staff who were clueless about her situation. Her own presence was saddening.

"Autobots have no way of leaving this planet," Sam responded to Mearing.

"And that is where you are wrong. Its name is the Xanthium. It brought the second wave of Autobots, and its been under NASA's care and study ever since. We linked it with a decommissioned shuttle to maintain military control until they're gone."

-----------------------

"Gonna be 10,000 pounds of torque on that itsy-bitsy bolt, not 19!" Leadfoot cried at the workers below him.

"You're gonna risk the lives of all me mates! I'll ball you!" Roadbuster snapped at the workers.

"These guys are-" Mearing introduced to Onyxia and Sam.

"The Wreckers," Onyxia interrupted monotonously. "I know, Mearing, I'm their family. Their leader. Their Prime."

"You're a human, Onyxia. Know your place. You're acting in the best interests of Earth now, not the Autobots," Mearing said just as emotionlessly. Onyxia winced at her words.

"They take care of the Xanthium," Mearing continued, directing her words to Sam. "We don't let them off the base much, 'cause they're assholes."

"You gotta pull that, ya nancy wanker!" Roadbuster snapped at the workers once more.

"It's time to kill him!" Leadfoot spat. Sam and Onyxia wandered closer when they recognised Epps.

"Epps! Is that you?" Sam called joyfully.

"You are ridiculous!" Onyxia heard Roadbuster spit.

"What up, man?" Epps said with a smile, shaking hands with Sam. "What are you doing here?"

Onyxia watched with furrowed eyebrows as Sam held on tightly to Epps even when the man went to pull away.

"I retired from the Air Force. Can you let my hand go?" Epps requested, looking just as confused as Onyxia. Sam ripped his hand away and followed Epps as he began leading them further towards the Xanthium.

"Now I just consult to run interference for them," Epps continued. "No more combat and aliens shooting at my ass. I got a dream job. Kicking the Autobots out. Can you believe this is happening?" He looked at a heartbroken Onyxia and held her shoulder. "You got family with me and Will, don't worry. We'll always be here for you." Onyxia only nodded.

"Where do you think it's taking them?" Sam asked Epps.

"Any planet but here," was the man's response.

------------------------

Onyxia followed Mearing, Simmons, and Sam as they moved to a monitoring area, which NASA was using to monitor the Xanthium's progress.

"Onyx, master, sire, listen to me. Don't let them exile us," Wheelie begged from a cage. Onyxia's eyes watered as she saw both her children in a cage like some animal. 

"Not you, too," she whispered, her voice cracking. "I-I can't do anything, Wheels...I'm helpless."

"Don't let them take us, it's a Decepticon trap," Brains begged.

"I know it is, it always is with them," Onyxia said, watching as her children were picked up by a man and taken towards the Xanthium.

Then the Autobots came.

------------------------

Onyxia was taken to the Xanthium by a car with Sam to say their goodbyes. She couldn't even look at her father as he stood, waiting for the two to approach him. She let Sam say his goodbyes first and gave the boy some privacy before it was her turn. Sam approached the girl with tears in his eyes, giving her a barely noticeable nod. She let out a choked sob, knowing that this was it. She approached her father, still looking at the ground, and heard him transform.

His holoform wrapped his arms around her, holding the back of her head and pressing it gently to his chest as Onyxia cried. "My darling, Onyxia..." he said softly, "Don't cry."

"How can you say that?" she choked out. "How can I not? I had lost you for twelve thousand years, nearly lost you completely three years ago...now I'm losing you for real, for forever. I'm dying in seven years...! Without you by my side!"

"I will always be by your side, Onyxia. Watching over you from the sky." To further communicate his point, he pointed to the bright blue sky above them.

"Dad, you know what I mean...! I will never be able to hold you like this ever again!" She witnessed her father's eyes tear up before releasing the droplets of water. He could never doubt his daughter's love for him, that he knew.

"I will always love you, Onyxia. Always," he whispered, cupping her cheek and giving her a weak smile. She was reduced to tears and erratic sobs as her father began to walk away from her to let her boyfriend say goodbye. She held her father's hand, willing him to stay with her, but as he drew further away, his hand fell from hers. She collapsed to her knees, battered and broken, when a familiar Autobot's hand held hers and stroked her cheek with his other.

"I can't do this without you. Can't do any of this without you," Onyxia sobbed. "I-I had you when my father died, I knew we could get through anything Megatron threw at us...now, what?"

"I-I know," Bumblebee stuttered, barely holding himself together at the sight of his girlfriend's broken body. He knew the outcome of what he and the Autobots were doing, but being unable to tell Onyxia broke him just as much as it broke Optimus. And to see her so shattered to see them go shattered him, too. "P-Please don't weep for me--for us--Onyx. I made you a promise, remember? I will spend as much time as I can with you before...before those seven years are up." Onyxia nodded erratically, trying to believe his words.

It didn't work.

"I love you, okay? Do you hear me? I am so in love with you, Onyxia," Bumblebee said softly, his spark continuing to shatter as his girlfriend only cried more at his words. She held his hand like he was the only thing keeping her alive, like he was her lifeline. 

"I love you more than life itself," Onyxia croaked, pressing her forehead against his before pressing her lips against his. "Y-You live a great life, Bee. Y-You will always be the most admirable Cybertronian I know." With that, his hand left hers and he walked away.

Her hand felt cold without the warmth of his own reassuring her that he was there with her. She longed for that warmth back but knew it would never return.

"Goodbye," Onyxia whispered. 

When she got to safe ground to prevent herself from getting injured from the launch, she listened to the countdown and watched as the Xanthium finally lifted off. It was then she thought that everything would be okay--that the Autobots would be okay.

That was until she witnessed Starscream approaching. 

"No, no, no, no...!" Onyxia rushed out with increasing volume until she let out a shrill scream at the sight of four of Starscream's missiles hitting the Xanthium and sending it to the ocean in a massive explosion. She collapsed to the ground, pressing her forehead to the ground as she continued to beg and cry and plead with the Primes that it wasn't true.

But she knew it was.

Her family, the Autobots, were all dead.

She was the last known Autobot alive.