xxvii.

Ravage sneered at Onyxia before making a move to leap onto her. She just barely managed to roll out of the way, sustaining a deep laceration on her back from its claws. She could feel energon leaking down the centre curve of her back.

"Bee!" she screamed, scrambling backwards to try and get as much distance from Ravage, but to no avail. It whipped its tail at her face, leaving a laceration on her cheek. She tenderly touched the cut and winced at the sight of more energon. She knew the drawbacks of having a spark in a human body. Sparks reuse energon, the more she lost the less she had when her body wasn't equipped for energon production.

Just as Ravage was about to leap onto Onyxia, Bumblebee grabbed the Decepticon and ripped its spinal cord right out of its body and tossed its corpse onto the ground. He crouched in front of his partner and made whirs of concern.

"Come here," he spoke, laying his hand down on the ground with the palm facing up. Onyxia gladly climbed onto his hand and relaxed herself just for a moment.

"Thank you," she whispered, wrapping her arms around one of his fingers and hugging it tightly. Bumblebee whirred softly.

"It is my duty to protect you, Onyx. Even more so after last night." She smiled softly at his words, letting Bumblebee take her to Sam and the others as they hid in an alley. He put her down softly.

"You get them somewhere safe, all right?" Sam requested of Bumblebee, motioning to his parents. The boy then turned and grabbed fistfuls of his father's shirt. "You've got to get in the car and get to safety."

"No, this isn't up for discussion!" Ron yelled. "You're my son! You're my son!"

Hearing his cries brought Onyxia's thoughts back to her father.

"You're my daughter, regardless of your biology, my darling Onyxia. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

She smiled sadly, her hands closing into fists by her side as she thought of his words. I'm bringing you back, Dad, she thought confidently.

Ron and Judy ran to Bumblebee's altmode and Onyxia gave her partner a thumbs-up before she ran with Sam and Mikaela to continue their trip to Optimus.

They reached another building and this time they were within view of Ironhide and Arcee.

"Found Sam and Onyxia," she informed the Autobots.

"Sam! Onyxia!" Ironhide called.

"Follow us to Optimus," Elita One instructed the trio. "We'll take you to Optimus." Just then she was shot through the head right in front of them, followed by Arcee. Chromia was the only triplet left.

"Get out, Sam! Get to the pillars!" Ironhide cried. With that, the humans listened and headed in the direction of Optimus.

Onyxia felt her heart begin to swell with hope as they were only half a kilometre away from her father. All three of them held hands to stay together as they avoided Decepticons and any loose bullets and missiles. Sam began shouting as they were finally in the line of sight of Sideswipe, who called to the rest of the soldiers that they were finally there.

(Found it kinda funny (I watch the movies on Netflix) because Netflix's subtitles called Sideswipe Ironhide, so thank God I'm enough of a fan to clearly tell the difference between them lmao)

Miraculously, Lennox was waiting with a woman and Epps behind an L-shaped wall. Onyxia, Sam, and Mikaela used the last of their energy to sprint to the soldiers. Onyxia leapt into Lennox's arms, giving him the tightest hug she could muster.

"Thank you for looking after the Autobots and my father," she said, pulling away from the hug and greeting Epps and the woman.

"Colonel Lennox," she introduced herself, shaking Onyxia's hand.

"What."

Colonel Lennox laughed and elbowed Lennox in the side, causing a cry of protest to escape him. "This big lug here's my brother. You can call me Grace to make things easier for you and us though."

"We're in the middle of a warzone and you're elbowing me!" Lennox exclaimed, glaring at his sibling.

"How are you all?" Grace asked Sam, Onyxia, and Mikaela. She received nods in reply and hummed with satisfaction. "Good to see it."

"Now, you better have a good reason for us to be here," Lennox said to the three.

"Where's my father?" Onyxia asked him.

"Right over there, across the courtyard." He pointed to the corpse of her father, which was mere metres away from them.

"I got to get to him right now," Sam told the man.

"Not with an air-strike coming," Lennox shot him down.

"I have to get to him, right now," Sam said firmly. Just then the creaks of metal sounded and everyone backed up against the wall. A Decepticon soon shot right over the wall at a tank.

"Behold the glory of Jetfire!" cried the infamous Seeker, who landed right behind the wall to kill the Decepticon. "Now let me show you how we brought the pain in my day!" With a swift motion, he decapitated the Decepticon using the wall. Not even a second passed though and Scorponok launched out of the ground and latched itself onto the abdominal area of Jetfire, clawing at his wires viciously. While at the sacrifice of his own physical wellbeing, he ripped the Decepticon of his body and punched its head into mush.

"I'm too old for this scrap," he complained. Onyxia smiled with relief at his words, knowing that he was still himself.

"We're going to break through the B's on my command, all right?" Lennox ordered the group. He then looked at the golden trio. "You guys stick with me, you understand? Stay on my ass."

"I hope these F-16s got good aim," Epps said guiltily.

"Yeah? Why is that?" Lennox asked him.

"I told them to hit the orange smoke."

Onyxia turned her head slowly to her right and widened her eyes as she stared at the orange smoke that was right beside them.

"You mean that orange smoke?" Lennox asked the man hesitantly.

"It wasn't my best toss, okay?" Epps sighed.

"I hope you get better aim!" she snapped at the soldier, whacking him on the back of the head. "What the hell was that weak-ass throw?"

At the words of one of the air-strike participants through the radio, everyone began running as fast as they could from the orange smoke. Onyxia grabbed Sam's hand, giving him a nod of reassurance to try and tell him that she would follow him no matter what he did.

With the confidence Sam got from the girl, he led her down a separate path to Optimus, leading them away from Lennox and the group.

"Get in front of me, Sam!" she cried at the boy, who refused to listen. He chose to stay by her side. Unluckily, that would be his mistake. Megatron appeared behind the pair and shot straight at them. While the shot missed, it only missed by a mere hair and the two were sent flying in the air. When they hit the ground, Sam didn't make any movements and the Matrix bag was torn open, littering the dust everywhere. Onyxia tried her best to sit herself up but she was much too light-headed to lift her own weight.

"Onyx!" Bumblebee exclaimed, skidding to his knees beside her and assessing her injuries. There were...too many. He rolled her into the recovery position as energon began to build up in her mouth. She spat it out hopelessly and groaned, clutching her abdomen.

"It hurts," she cried. Her wounds weren't going to heal quickly enough--she didn't have enough energon nor enough energy. She was going to die even quicker than she thought without even getting to tell her father that she loved him and it scared her.

It scared her more than she thought possible.