xiv.

Onyxia parked her altmode on the side of the road in the cemetery before bringing her holoform outside the vehicle and towards Optimus. She walked with Sam, who sighed at the sight of the leader of the Autobots.

"You won't give me a day, huh?" he spoke, a hint of disappointment in his voice. "You won't give me one day in college?"

"I'm sorry, Sam, but the last fragment of the AllSpark was stolen," Optimus explained solemnly. Onyxia furrowed her eyebrows at the news, her mind racing with thoughts and questions of why.

"Like, what? Like, Decepticons stole it?" Sam asked him.

"We place it under human protection at your government's request, but I'm here for your help, Sam, because your leaders believe we brought vengeance upon your planet. Perhaps they are right. That is why they must be reminded by another human of the trust we share."

"This isn't my war."

"Not yet...but, I fear it will be. Your world must not share the same fate as Cybertron. Whole generations lost."

"I know, and I want to help you, I do, but I am not some alien ambassador, you know? I'm a normal kid with normal problems. I am where I am supposed to be. I'm sorry, I...I really am." The boy began to walk back towards Bumblebee.

"Sam, fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing," Optimus stated.

"You're Optimus Prime. You don't need me."

"We do. More than you know..."

"Sam," Onyxia said, hurrying up to him to grab his arm. "I can bring you back to college. Bee should stay with Optimus. Best have two Primes in two locations, right?" She said the last sentence as if it was a lie, but Sam overlooked it and nodded.

"I'll update you, okay?" Onyxia said to both Bumblebee and Optimus. For the first time, she was going to be fully separated from Bumblebee. With a gentle pat on the hood of Bumblebee, Onyxia unsummoned her holoform and drove off with Sam.

-----------------

"Just park here, Onyxia," Sam said, patting her dashboard and waiting for her to park in a parking lot right across from the college's library before he got out. "Thanks for driving me back."

"Hey," Onyxia called before Sam left her vicinity. "How are you?"

"Alright, Onyx. Thanks. You have a good day, good luck with the Decepticons." The boy walked off without another a word.

-----------------

Onyxia had decided to stay in the same parking lot she dropped Sam off in, sensing that something was off with the boy. She didn't know if her services would be needed at all, but she had a feeling deep down that something was very, very wrong.

"Onyxia," Bumblebee greeted her through the radio. "Thought you should know that Megatron has been retrieved and revived. So far the military has picked up on five Decepticons with him. We're following them to their location right this moment."

"Megatron? He...wasn't he killed? As in, permanently?" Onyxia questioned, almost doubting her memory completely.

"Yeah, well, I thought so, too. Looks like they made the impossible, possible."

"By the Primes..." she sighed deeply, about to suggest she come join her partner when Sam, Mikaela, and the same scrawny kid from last night were seen running into the library in front of her followed by a bunch of panicked students and a small Decepticon around the size of a human. "Wait, Sam's in trouble. I need to go, I'll send my location to you. There's a Decepticon here." She turned her radio off and revved her engine, attracting the attention of the trio of humans. All three of them ran towards her, screaming for her help and about the Decepticon behind them.

"Get in!" Onyxia called through her radio, opening three of her doors for the humans. Once they got in she was quick to swerve out of the parking spot and away from the Decepticon, only she was just slightly too slow. The Decepticon leapt on her altmode and began clawing at the precious paint job she had managed to maintain for two years. "Fuck! Watch the paint job, man!" she cried, swerving maniacally to try and fling the Decepticon off but it only dug its claws in deeper into her precious alt mode, slowly but surely making its way to the windshield.

"Pole, pole!" Mikaela cried, pointing to the pole beside the road. "Crush it!"

"I'd crush my alt mode, Mikaela!" Onyxia protested, but listened anyway. As soon as the Decepticon was at the front of her alt mode, she drove herself straight into the pole with a cry of pain. Dazed and sore, she was unable to concentrate on driving, so Sam took control for her.

"Okay, so what else don't I know, all right?" the scrawny kid cried. "Since you guys forgot to mention some minor details!"

"That thing you saw back there!" Sam yelled, "That was the little baby--Oh God!" He jerked the wheel to the left at the sight of a helicopter flying just in front of them, bringing Onyxia to a harsh stop and leaving her vulnerable to attack. A metal claw thrust itself through the car roof, causing the Prime to let out a loud cry of pain.

"Fuck me, man!" she exclaimed, trying to get out of the helicopter's grip but it was no use. She was going to be taken. "Get out, get out, get out!"

A car ploughed itself into Onyxia's side, further damaging her and causing Sam to almost fly out of the car as she was picked up from the ground. The commotion inside Onyxia was composed of Sam screaming out of pure terror, Mikaela calling out his name, and the scrawny kid saying that he didn't want to die. When the helicopter let go, Onyxia transformed into her bipedal mode and held the humans in her hands, hoping to protect them from the fall. Luckily, while she landed on the ground harshly, the humans were okay.

That was until Starscream sliced her hands, causing her to let go of the humans. They tumbled to the ground violently.

"Ah, Onyxia..." Megatron sighed deeply, "Such a disappointment...protecting the humans at the cost of your own life."

This can't be how I die, Onyxia pleaded with herself, trying to get up but Starscream only drove a hook through her leg and threw her against the wall of the building.

"Your pathetic father must be so disappointed in your efforts..." Megatron mused. Onyxia relaxed her body, letting it lay on the floor, arms and legs splayed out. She could hear energon pulsing in her sound processors along with Mikaela and Sam's pleas for her to get up.

She brought out her holoform, hiding it from Megatron and Starscream in the hopes that she could catch them both off guard.

This was her last stand.