xl.

Onyxia wasn't going to watch the rest of her friends die and as she forced herself onto her feet, she was only filled with more anger and determination as she heard the Decepticon behind Bumblebee announce that he was next.

"I love you," Bumblebee said quietly as he was forced before the Autobots. He put up a fight as much as he could, but he eventually gave up. It broke Onyxia's spark to witness, but she had the element of surprise. Despite being out in the open, the Decepticons were much too messed up in the head to pay attention to anything other than the impeding execution of her own boyfriend. She stumbled forward, clutching her chest.

"Onyxia..." Ratchet spoke softly, his optics staring holes into her raw back. Energon from her lacerations and abrasions had trailed down her legs and gathered at her feet. Her shoes were practically squelching in her bodily fluids.

"Soundwave," she called, getting the attention of the Decepticon. She hoped that the Decepticons would be dumb enough to leave Bumblebee unattended, but another turned and pointed a gun at her boyfriend's helm. Soundwave held his servo up to tell the Decepticon to wait. Bumblebee made an attempt to turn his helm towards the girl he had tried to protect, but he was forced to keep his helm turned away. Onyxia never moved her eyes from Soundwave's bright red optics, which flashed with amusement.

"Come to surrender? To die at my servo? All for this disappointing mech," he mused, crouching down before her and pointing behind him to Bumblebee.

"That disappointing mech, as you call him, is my boyfriend," she replied through gritted teeth. Whether that was from anger or pain, she did not know.

Soundwave cackled loudly, snatching the girl up from the ground and walking in front of Bumblebee. He smirked as he saw the panic flash in the Autobot's optics, watching as they darted between the human girl and the Decepticon's servo.

"I feel it's only fair to watch her die first instead of you, no?" Soundwave taunted the Autobot, who attempted to lunge forward at him but was only held back by a Decepticon.

"You harm a single hair on her body and I'll kill you!" Bumblebee snapped, struggling to free himself from the Decepticon's grip behind him.

"Bee," Onyxia spoke softly, causing the Autobot's optics to meet her own eyes. She gave him a small closed-eye smile to avoid seeing the coolant that was about to leak out of her boyfriend's optics as she felt Soundwave press a cannon to her temple.

"It's okay," she finished. She was content with dying, knowing that her death was inevitable in seven years. Bumblebee still had so many years left, which he did not deserve to lose.

Just as the cannon was charged up, a Decepticon ship fell to the ground. It distracted the Decepticon restraining Bumblebee enough for him to break free and lunge at Soundwave, who let her go due to his surprise. Luckily, Ratchet dove right under her and caught her in his servo, sliding across the ground and shooting at Soundwave's legs before rolling onto his pedes.

"Young love," he grumbled. "Foolish, foolish femme."

"Oh, shut up," Onyxia retorted. "I totally knew I was going to be fine."

"You're an idiot."

"What did you expect me to do, huh? Watch him die? I love him too much for that."

"He didn't want to watch you die. Neither did I, Onyxia," Ratchet snapped, holding her close to his chassis as he continued to shoot at Decepticons.

"What, and you didn't want to watch him die?" Onyxia argued. She watched as Bumblebee shoved his cannon below Soundwave's spark and shot upwards, completely blowing his head clean off.