xxxix.

Onyxia leapt away from the table only for her foot to get caught and her body to fall through the window with the table. She screamed as she began to fall, her foot unhooking itself from the table as she flailed wildly in the air. The ground grew closer and her panic grew as she saw that she was approaching the figure of Shockwave, but there was another figure--a flash of black that pushed past the Decepticon and initiated a fight below her. As soon as she was metres from the ground she was grabbed and thrown into the Cybertronian's passenger seat as he transformed into his altmode.

"Holy fu-" Onyxia snapped before her mouth was covered by a hand beside her. She turned, eyes widened for just a moment until she recognised the holoform beside her.

"Hide...my word," she breathed out, tilting her head back as she took a moment to relax. Ironhide's holoform snickered, removing his hand from her mouth and glancing behind his seat.

"Abi? I hope I wasn't too rough, the fight was unavoidable," he spoke to the ill girl in the backseat, who only beamed at him.

"It's alright, I'm fine!" she replied. With a satisfied nod, his holoform fizzled away and Onyxia turned in her seat, greeting her sister with a wave.

"What are you doing back here?" she asked.

"Ironhide came back for me as soon as the spaceship had gone down. He was worried," she said with a fond smile, only for it to falter as she thought of something else.

"Huh," Onyxia said simply, turning back around. Something didn't feel right with her reply. "Something happen?"

"N-No! Why?"

"Did chemo yesterday go bad?"

"N-No!"

"You stutter when you lie." Onyxia turned once more towards the girl who looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"You want to tell her?" Ironhide spoke through the radio, taking a sharp turn to dodge a Decepticon warship.

"I...made the...decision to stop my chemotherapy. No one but Hide knows as he usually takes me," Abigail spoke softly, her eyes leaking a couple of tears. She fiddled with her nasal cannula as she usually did when she was nervous or upset. "He's just getting worried that I'm going to drop dead or something, I guess."

"I was always worried about you, regardless of your decision, Abi," Ironhide grumbled. "I don't know how chemotherapy works, I thought it would mean you'd die a day later or something..."

"They gave me a life expectancy of six weeks, I would be fine for a day."

"You don't know that."

Abigail only sighed and turned to face the window. Onyxia only faced the front once more, not knowing what to say or do. The girl she had lived with for three years, and now she was going to lose her in a mere six weeks. She loved her just as a sister would and cared for her as one would. She would lose that.

"I respect your decision, although it does not make it hurt any less," Onyxia spoke quietly.

"I didn't expect it to," Abigail replied, shifting her eyes to the back of her sister's seat.

"Alright, Onyxia, sorry to break the chat up, but I found the boy. I need to get Abigail out of here now," Ironhide spoke, stopping just in front of an alleyway that Sam and the soldiers were sprinting out of. Onyxia hurried out and turned just in time to see Abigail wave goodbye.

"Onyx!" Sam cried, hugging the ex-Cybertronian tightly. "Ironhide saved you?!"

"Yeah, and thank Primus for that," she replied with a sigh. Just then, the Decepticon ships opened fire upon the group and while the soldiers sought protection within a building, Sam, Carly, and Onyxia continued running and reached a trashed school bus.