xxxiii.

"Hi, Carly," Onyxia waved hesitantly, looking almost guilty as she gazed at the blank, yet somehow expressive, face of Sam's girlfriend.

"Hi," Sam said simply, knowing that he was in deep shit with his girlfriend.

"Would someone care to tell me what the hell's going on?" Carly demanded. 

"Who are you?" Simmons drawled out, practically goggling over the woman.

"Who are you?" she retorted.

"Who am I? Who is that? Dutch, frisk her!"

Onyxia widened her eyes, throwing her arms in the air with exasperation. "You don't just touch a woman!" she exclaimed, watching as Dutch approached Carly as if she were his prey.

"No. Dutch," Sam rushed out. His girlfriend held her hand out in front of her, stopping Dutch in his tracks.

"Don't touch me," she warned the man.

"I'm not going to touch her," he concluded, leaving the woman alone and returning to where he was before.

"Sam?" Carly said expectantly. Onyxia didn't know what she wanted to hear, everything in front of her was pretty telling already.

"Angel," Sam said anxiously. "Uh, I was working. I'm sorry about this."

"Great, we're homeless," Wheelie complained as Carly walked upstairs without a single word to her boyfriend. Onyxia bit her lip and stared at Sam, waiting for him to say or do something.

"She lives here? Wow," Simmons said before turning to Dutch, "You had your chance to frisk her."

"I have a girlfriend," Dutch argued.

"Really? What's her name?" Simmons challenged.

"...In...dia." Sam scrambled upstairs after his girlfriend. Two minutes had passed before the couple walked back downstairs, arguing, and left the building. Onyxia hurried after them and got outside to see Carly and Sam arguing beside an incredibly expensive car. She admired the vehicle with her mouth agape. If she were still a Cybertronian, she would've taken that vehicle model and make without a second to spare. She sighed, knowing that it couldn't happen.

The revving of Mirage and Sideswipe sounded as they approached the building and parked right outside. Onyxia waved at them both and an excited holoform of Sideswipe's exited the car and hugged her tightly.

"How are you, Onyxia?" he asked her. She smiled widely at the Autobot as he pulled away.

"I'm alright, Sideswipe. Quite an uneventful three years, admittedly," she replied.

"Onyx!" the familiar voice of Abigail called. The ex-Cybertronian widened her eyes and stared in horror as the girl got out of Mirage. Her oxygen tank was slung over her shoulder and she adjusted her nasal cannula as she approached her sister figure.

"W-What are you doing here, Abigail?" Onyxia stuttered. Sideswipe looked at the two awkwardly before his holoform fizzled away to avoid any possible backlash from the Prime. He knew she was going to get angry at one of the two, whether that be Mirage or himself.

"I'm sorry, I know you don't want me here as you're working with the Autobots and everything, but I wanted to help. I know you're going to say I'm sick and this isn't a place for me to be, but I want to do this. I want to help you and Ironhide. Please. I want to do something with my life rather than just wait to die. I want to experience what it feels like to do what you do at least once. I-I know I can help, dad taught me how to use a gun," Abigail rushed out, her eyes staring pleadingly into Onyxia's hardened orbs.

"What it feels like to do what I do?" she spoke slowly, barely containing her anger and disappointment. "Abigail Lennox, I don't know if you know, but fighting the Decepticons and protecting Earth is nothing but a shitshow. Nothing but pain and sorrow and death. I watched my father die three years ago, do you think that felt nice? I lost my body three years ago, does that sound nice? I'm dying in seven years, how does that feel? You know how that feels, Abigail! I told you all about the pain and suffering my race went through because of Megatron in the hopes that you would be deterred from this kind of life and you're running to it? Are you serious?" she snapped at the girl, causing her to flinch and stumble back. Her eyes portrayed nothing but fear--a fear that sparked regret within Onyxia, but she did not back down. She couldn't. If Abigail died, not only would her family be heartbroken, but Ironhide would be too. She knew just how much he appreciated the human girl. She had to stand her ground.

"We can't bring her back to base, Onyxia," Mirage spoke regretfully. The arms of Bumblebee's holoform wrapped around Onyxia's waist to try and calm her anger. As soon as he saw her relax his holoform fizzled away.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, slumping and looking down at the ground. "You're in no position to help us, Abigail. You can tag along for now, but as soon as the opportunity presents itself, I need to get you back home. If you die, it's on me. If you get hurt, it's on me. I'm your sister, I'm supposed to protect you. I could never face Will again if you got hurt under my watch. Do you understand?"

Abigail nodded, guilt bubbling up inside her when she saw the solemn face of Onyxia. She didn't think about anyone other than herself and what she wanted. She just wanted so desperately to get some action in her life, to help others instead of just sitting home and waiting anxiously for her father to return from war. She wanted to be something other than just a sick teenager. Something more. She wanted meaning. Now she was just putting unnecessary pressure on Onyxia and the other Autobots around her.

"I just want to live the rest of my life out of home," she whispered, her eyes watering.

"I know," Onyxia replied softly, bringing the girl to her chest. "We need to go now, just listen to what I say, no matter what. If we get into trouble, you get out, no matter what. Promise me, Abigail."

"I promise, Onyxia."

"Okay, get in that Maybach with Simmons, Sam, and Dutch, okay?" Abigail nodded and did as Onyxia said to.

Onyxia got in Bumblebee's altmode and let out a deep sigh as the pressure began to hit her. If Abigail died on her watch, she couldn't live with herself, nor could she ever face Will again. Somehow protecting his daughter was more anxiety-inducing than fighting the literal leader of the Decepticons.

"She'll be alright, Onyx. I'll make sure of it," Bumblebee said through the radio as he began to follow Simmons' car to where they'd find the Russian cosmonauts.

"Thank you, Bee," she whispered, leaning against the car door window and watching the scenery pass by.

Please go okay, she thought.