vii.

Onyxia could hear faint voices arguing all around her, from both of her points of view. The Autobots and the people in Samuel's house; both fighting to be heard. Too much was happening. Her head throbbed and she could feel energon pump out of her wound rapidly.

"How you doing, son? Is your name Sam?" the leader of Sector Seven spoke.

"Something's wrong with the humans," Optimus spoke gravely. "Just as she predicted, someone wants them for selfish reasons."

"Yeah," Samuel replied to the leader.

"Well, I need you to come with us."

"How do we help her?" Bumblebee spoke.

"We cannot help her, it's her holoform that is causing her pain. They are hurting her," Ratchet informed the Autobot. "She can cease her pain by simply unsummoning her holoform, but it seems she still needs it for unknown reasons."

"Whoa, way out of line," Ronald spoke.

"Sir, I am asking politely. Back off," the leader ordered.

"You're not taking my son."

"Really? You gonna try to get rough with us?"

"No, but I'm going to call the cops because there's something fishy going on around here."

"Onyxia, unsummon your holoform," Bumblebee demanded. Onyxia hacked up energon, feeling it pool in her mouth to the point that it began leaking out of the sides of her mouth. She could barely breathe and, fuelled by pure desperation for air, she rolled her body on its side and let her energon spill out of her mouth and onto the floor.

"Bee, I'm okay, I'm okay," she tried to reassure him, but when her voice came out through her radio it sounded as if she was suffocating. Her voice was raspy and she struggled to speak fluently with all the energon still in her mouth.

"Onyxia, I swear to Primus if you don't unsummon your holoform I'm coming back and dragging you out myself," Bumblebee threatened, but Onyxia knew it was nothing but an empty threat. There was no way he was going to risk himself for her. Optimus wouldn't let it happen.

"I have to stay for the humans," she groaned weakly.

"There's something a little fishy about you, your son, your little Taco Bell dog, the holographic girl in your living room, and this whole operation you got going on here," the leader of Sector Seven spoke in reply to Ronald.

"What operation?" the father cried incredulously.

"That's what we are gonna find out." There was a pause before he spoke once more, "Son? Step forward, please." Following his command was a series of incessant beeps. "Bingo! Tag 'em and bag 'em."

Now Onyxia had to stay or else the Autobots wouldn't know how to help.

"They're taking us away from the house. A bunch of black cars, won't be hard to miss at this time of night," she spoke through her radio to inform her comrades. "Keep an eye out."

Onyxia felt her body being tossed onto a leather car seat before being sandwiched between two people. Samuel and Mikaela.

"Onyx?" Mikaela whispered frantically. "Onyx, can you hear me?"

The girl hummed softly in reply. "Yeah, I'm still here."

"Good, we'll get you help, don't worry."

"Good luck with that."

"So, LadiesMan217," the leader of Sector Seven spoke calmly. "That is your eBay username, right?"

"Yeah, but, you know, it was a typo and I ran with it," Samuel rushed out. Somehow his stupidity managed to bring a ghost of a smile to Onyxia's face.

"What do you make of this?" the leader spoke before playing a recording of Sam saying his name. It was paused before Onyxia could hear what was after his introduction. "Is that you?"

"Yeah, that sounds like LadiesMan," Mikaela confirmed with a hint of disappointment.

"Last night at the station, you told the officer your car transformed. Enlighten me."

"Well, here's what I said, okay? 'Cause this is a total misunderstanding that my car had been stolen..." Samuel spoke frantically.

"Really?" The leader wasn't buying a single word the boy was saying.

"...from me, from my home, but it's fine now because it's back! It came back!" Samuel finished.

"Well, not by itself," Mikaela quickly added.

"Well, no."

"Because cars don't do that because that would be crazy," the girl said before laughing. Samuel began laughing nervously along with her while the leader of Sector Seven laughed sarcastically.

HIs laughing ceased very suddenly before asking, "So what do you kids know about aliens, huh?"

"Oh, you mean, like a Martian? Like what, E.T.? No," Samuel rushed out.

"It's an urban legend," Mikaela added. It seemed she was the only one capable of getting the trio out of trouble at that moment.

"You see this?" the leader of Sector Seven asked hypothetically, showing his government badge. "This is an I-can-do-whatever-I-want-and-get-away-with-it badge. I'm gonna lock you up forever."

"Oh, God, you know what? Don't listen to him. He's just pissy 'cause he's got to get back to guarding the mall," Mikaela snapped.

"You, in the training bra, don't test me. Especially with your daddy's parol coming up." Onyxia would've strangled the man to death if she was strong enough to do so. She had problems with authority, but maybe that was because of her uncle's totalitarian leadership. That and he was, and still is, a stuck-up asshole with complete disregard for others. He thirsted for power and total control, with no consideration for those he had to use to get where he was at the present moment. It was disgusting and Onyxia's wish to free her people from his rule and suffering, no matter what she had to sacrifice as long as it wasn't her own comrades.

"What? Parole?" Samuel spoke with shock.

"It's nothing," Mikaela lied to him.

"Oh, grand theft auto, that ain't nothing?" the leader of Sector Seven snapped.

"You know those cars my dad used to teacher me to fix? Well, they...they weren't always his," Mikaela explained solemnly.

"You stole cars?" Samuel only continued to say all the wrong things.

"Well, we couldn't always afford a babysitter, so sometimes he had to take me along."

"She's got her own juvie record to prove it!" the leader of Sector Seven added. "She's a criminal. Criminals are hot."

Onyxia took that as her final straw. She lifted her leg up and trusted her heel into the man's face, wincing as she did so. It certainly wasn't comfortable but it was worth it to hear the cry of pain from the man.

"That's what you get, dickwad," she snapped. "Disgusting pig."