xxxviii.

Onyxia was nearby when she saw a Decepticon ship crash land. When she had amassed enough survivors that she had to get them to safety if they were all going to survive, she got them out of the city, leaving her alone. Without any humans around her in danger, she sprinted to the crash sight and found survivors scattered across the ground. She hurried to help the survivors up until she heard the revving of multiple car engines.

"What...?" she mumbled before she saw upon the ship a yellow Autobot.

A very familiar yellow Autobot.

"Bee?" she choked out, her voice just loud enough to get her boyfriend's attention. He let out whirs of excitement and pure joy when he found his girlfriend, safe and sound. He transformed and his holoform hurried to her, wrapping her in his arms as she cried with joy. That was when the rest of the Autobots arrived in their altmodes. Her father's holoform wasted no time in wrapping his arms around his daughter.

"Group hug!" Bee chirped, smiling widely as he heard Onyxia chuckle.

"How alike you to help those in need. I am proud of you, Onyxia," Optimus mused before he kissed the top of her head and his holoform fizzled away. As much as he wanted to hold her and reassure her that everything would work out, the safety of humanity was at stake.

They needed to move and move fast.

"How alike you to fly so terribly," Onyxia joked to her boyfriend, who rolled his eyes. He gave her a chaste kiss on the lips.

"I love you," he spoke softly.

"I love you, too," she replied with a gentle smile.

"We need to move before the fighters spot us," Optimus spoke after he had transformed into his bipedal mode. "Wait here until we scout a route ahead." Bumblebee stayed behind while the rest of the Autobots left to do so.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me," Onyxia sighed. "I..."

"Had a death wish, I know. Sam was worried about you getting yourself killed," Bumblebee replied.

"I thought I was the last Autobot left," she whispered. "I was so...lost and terrified. But more so at the knowledge that I had just lost my family and I had lost you. I never want that to happen again."

"It won't," he replied softly. "I'm here to stay with you now."

"Hey, think we could use that rocket to shoot down the pillar?" Sam asked the soldiers.

"We're eight blocks away," Epps explained. "We got to get closer to take a shot."

"Not closer. Higher. We need a clear line of sight," a soldier corrected.

"And it's across the river. Gonna have a hell of a time trying to sneak up," Epps announced.

"We only got one shot," another soldier said, holding up a single missile.

"One shot's all we need," Sam said, nodding.

Bumblebee's radio sounded with Optimus informing the scout that they had found a route and that he and the soldiers were to meet with them at a certain location. With that, Onyxia, Sam, and Carly got into Bumblebee and he drove them to the rendezvous point, where the Autobots drove down the ruined streets in a single file. Just then, tendrils began to dig their way out of the ground beneath Optimus, who was last in the group. While his actual altmode managed to escape the tendrils, the trailer that he was pulling behind him was tipped over and lost. The Autobots turned into a building just after Onyxia caught a glimpse of Shockwave emerging from the tendrils. She cursed under her breath.

"That is one scary-ass Decepticon!" Epps cried.

"That's Shockwave for you," Onyxia spoke, emerging from Bumblebee's altmode and crossing her arms.

"They got my trailer. I need that flight tech. Shockwave can't hunt all of us at once. Wreckers, we need a diversion," Optimus spoke, turning to the trio of Wreckers.

"Let's get some!" Roadbuster cried.

"You got that right," Leadfoot replied, following his friends out of the building.

"Listen, we're gonna circle around to that glass building and we'll get high enough to make the rocket shot while you guys draw his fire," Epps ordered the soldiers.

"Wait a minute!" Que cried. "I'm not letting you go out there without my urban combat prototypes!" He dropped a few of the said prototypes in front of the humans.

"We got to go, Que!" Sideswipe grumbled.

"Come on, old man," Jazz spoke to Que, only to get shushed by him.

"They're great inventions for kicking ass!" Que informed the humans, but Onyxia knew otherwise. His prototypes were god-awful at doing their job. As the humans grabbed his inventions, she walked to Bumblebee and he crouched before her, making soft whirs and reaching his hand out to her. She held a finger of his, kissing it softly. Her lips lingered as she closed her eyes and tried to prolong the moment. He gently cupped her in his hands, bringing her to his helm. She pressed her forehead against his before kissing his vocal box.

"Bee's got bitches," Jazz teased, earning himself a jab in the side from Sideswipe. Bumblebee waved him off, making a series of whirs at the bot before gently putting Onyxia down on the ground.

"Be careful out there," she spoke quietly, "If you die for real this time I won't ever forgive you." Bumblebee replied to her words with a resolute whir and a nod of his helm before standing and following the Autobots out.

Onyxia turned and ran with the humans as they made a b-line for the glass building, running in and looking for a way up.

"Go for the stairs!" Epps called. Sam was way ahead of the group and called out for Epps as he turned a corner. The group followed the boy as he sprinted up many flights of stairs before they finally reached a proper height.

"This is high enough!" Sam called.

"This is a mother getting up here!" a soldier, Eddie, called.

"Get your fat ass over here!" Epps snapped, heading towards the side of the room they were in. "Set up the rocket! They're coming!"

Onyxia stared out the window and her eyes narrowed as she laid eyes upon the building which contained the control pillar. As the rocket was loaded, the building they were in began to tilt forward and her spark sank in her chest as she gazed further down and noticed Decepticons shooting the building they were in. At that rate, they would fall with the top half of the building if they didn't hurry.

"This is not a good idea," Eddie breathed out, turning to Epps with the rocket still in his hands.

"What?" Sam replied.

"This is not a good idea. This building is unstable."

"Listen, just stop for a second," Sam rushed out, motioning to the building with the pillars. "If we don't do what we came to do, it doesn't matter, we all die. Right? That's your target. Come on, man!" Sam encouraged the man.

"I don't even care if the building collapses," Eddie spoke, aiming the rocket. "I'm having a heart attack anyway." Just then, the building began to tip. Onyxia, who was closest to the wall, tried to grab onto something stable but she was too far from the concrete pillars supporting the roof. She fell against the window, her back pressing against the unstable platform as her spark began to race and her hands grew clammy. If one heavy object hit the window and she would fall through.

As if hearing her thoughts, a table slid towards her.