xxi.

As the humans ran for cover, the Decepticon began to transform--albeit with great difficulty--and almost immediately began to complain just as Decepticons would.

"What sort of hideous mausoleum is this?" a deep, croaky voice sneered. Wheelie's altmode was wrapped securely in Onyxia's arms as she stared in awe at the Decepticon. While old and rusty, he was certainly impressive to look at. It was like looking at a piece of your history.

"Answer me, pawns and knaves! Show yourselves or suffer my infinite wrath!" he cried, knocking a plane that was hanging from the ceiling by some wire or rope. His exclamation brought Onyxia out of her awe and she looked at Sam, jerking her head in the Decepticon's direction. At the non-verbal signal, everyone got up and approached the Decepticon cautiously. Wheelie transformed into his bipedal mode and sat in Onyxia's arms like a young child, only he was an alien life-form.

"You little spinal cord-based organisms!" the Decepticon sneered, getting hit in the face by one of his own dangling parts. "Bugger it! Behold, the eternal glory of Jetfire! Prepare for remote systems override."

"I tell you, this guy did not age well," Wheelie commented, bringing a smile to Onyxia's face. She could certainly understand why he thought so--Jetfire's joints were creaking with even the slightest movement he made.

"I don't think he's going to hurt us," Sam muttered, still reeling from the adrenaline that came with realising Jetfire was a Decepticon.

"I command these doors open!" Jetfire ordered the inanimate warehouse doors that led outside of the museum. Bumblebee's holoform fizzled away. "Fire! I said, fire!" the Seeker demanded, punching the warehouse doors and releasing a missile that flew away from him and collided with a plane. Onyxia scrunched her face up at the sight--he was causing a disaster.

And then he absolutely trashed the warehouse doors and walked outside. The humans ran after him and Onyxia helped Wheelie grab her shoulders from her back before she ran after them.

"Itchy, wretched rust up my arse!" Jetfire grumbled, itching his backside and ripping out another part. Bumblebee's altmode sped onto the field with the humans.

"The museum is going to be very angry! Very angry," Simmons remarked. "We gotta catch that plane."

"Right. I'm on a mission," Jetfire announced, stopping just long enough for the humans to call out to him and for him to hear.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Sam yelled, waving his arms in the air.

"What do you want?" Jetfire snapped, turning towards the humans.

"We just want to talk!"

"I have no time to talk! I'm on a mission! I'm a mercenary doom-bringer. What planet am I on?"

"Earth."

"Earth? Terrible name for a planet. Might as well call it 'dirt'. Planet dirt. Tell me, is that robot civil war still going on? Who's winning?"

"Decepticons," Onyxia answered bitterly. Jetfire groaned and spat on the ground.

"Well, I changed sides to the Autobots," he grumbled.

"What do you mean, changed sides?" Sam asked the now-Autobot.

"It's a choice. It's an intensely personal decision. So much negativity. Who wants to live a life filled with hate?" Jetfire explained.

"You mean you don't have to work for those miserable freaking Decepticons?" Wheelie spoke up from Onyxia's shoulder. He was sitting on it while gently holding onto her hair to keep himself steady.

"If Decepticons had their way, they'd destroy the whole universe," Jetfire commented. "I have issues of my own. And it started with my mother. My ancestors have been here for centuries. My father, he was a wheel, the first wheel. Do you know what he transformed into?"

Simmons shook his head erratically, "No."

"Nothing! But he did so with dignity, honour, damn it!" A parachute shot out of Jetfire's backside and brought him down to the ground.

"My boosters are fried," he complained.

"I think we can help each other," Sam rushed out. "You know things I don't know. I know things you don't know, I do."

"I don't think he knows anything. Honestly, I don't," Leo said hopelessly, but Jetfire seemed to finally be willing to listen. Not wasting any time before the now-Autobot changed his mind, Sam began to draw the glyphs he had been seeing on the ground for him.

"I could do this all day. It comes in waves, these vivid symbols," Sam remarked. "They're symbols, but they're in my mind. You see, all this is in my mind and Megatron wants what's in my mind. Him and someone called the Fallen."

"The Fallen?" Jetfire exclaimed. "I know him. He left me here to rust. The original Decepticon. He's terrible to work for. It's always apocalypse, chaos, crisis. These transcriptions, they were part of my mission--the Fallen's search. I remember now, for the Dagger's Tip and the key."

"Slow down, slow down. The Dagger's Tip? The key? What are you talking about?" Sam rushed out. Onyxia looked at Bumblebee with wide eyes as she saw Jetfire get ready for what she assumed was a space bridge. The Autobot transformed into his bipedal mode and quickly scooped up his partner and Wheelie.

Then they were blasted out of the ground of what appeared to be a desert. Onyxia screamed as Bumblebee lost his grip on her and she was tossed in the air like a ragdoll. She heard a loud crash and the panicked whirs of her partner as he tumbled against the ground. It seemed he lost his grip on Wheelie, too.

"Fuck, shit, fuck!" Onyxia let out a series of cuss words before she just narrowly missed a rock on her landing and began rolling down a hill. Her eyes stung from the sand that was tossed into her eyes and her mouth was full of sand. It was one thing she hated about the god-forsaken thing--it got everywhere and she could feel it. Itchy and highly uncomfortable.

She hit a rise in the ground and would've gone flying into a rock if it weren't for Bumblebee catching her just in time. She looked up at the bright azure eyes of her partner as he gazed at her with concern. His optics shrunk and grew of their own accord as Bumblebee looked over her for any signs of fatal injuries.

He's beautiful, Onyxia thought, in a complete daze before instantly snapping herself out of it as soon as the thought crossed her mind. She sat herself up slowly to avoid hurting herself more and gave Bumblebee's fingers a little pat as a thank you. "Thank you," she breathed out.

"Good call about the space bridge. Didn't need to say it for me to understand," Bumblebee commented, gently moving his hand up to his shoulder and letting her sit on it. "For a Seeker, he's pretty stupid."

Onyxia laughed.