xxviii.

"Ratchet!" Bumblebee called for the medic and, while the request for him didn't work in the battle two years ago, the medic arrived. For the first time ever since Onyxia saw the old Cybertronian, he used his holoform to easily treat her wounds.

"Y-You're pretty spunky," she snorted, trying to lighten her own mood. Ratchet let out a deep sigh, almost completely sick of her antics when she was on her deathbed.

"I need a transfusion," she whispered to the medic. "I need energon. Do you have anything?"

Ratchet shook his head with great guilt on his face, "I'm afraid not, Onyx."

"Well, can't I get energon from another?"

The medic looked at Bumblebee, who nodded swiftly.

"I can give her my energon, Ratchet. What do you need me to do?" her partner asked him with determination. He only faltered slightly when he looked at the thick needles Ratchet brought out of his medic bag.

"Bring out your bipedal mode," Ratchet ordered the boy and began setting everything up quickly by first sitting Onyxia up and injecting an intravenous cannula into Onyxia and Bumblebee. With that, he began extracting the energon from Bumblebee in a needle and transferring it into Onyxia's vascular system. She was thrown far away from Sam, so she had no idea of the seriousness of his condition until she looked over to see soldiers giving the boy CPR.

"I-Is Sam..." she trailed off, refusing to take another death in her life. She looked away to avoid her mind from straying any further. He was going to make it through.

------------------------

A minute or two later Onyxia heard her name being called by Sam, who was running towards her with a fully formed Matrix in his hands.

"Onyxia!" he cried. "I-I think you should be the one to do this."

Onyxia smiled softly, pointing to the intravenous cannula in her arm. "I'm almost done with this, Sam. You bring my father back. You earned it, after all. Only the Matrix forms for a true leader."

Sam nodded sternly, taking her words to heart and smiling at her. "Thank you, Onyxia." He ran to her father and climbed onto his chest before plunging the Matrix into his spark. Almost immediately, Optimus's body shook as he coughed out copious amounts of sand from his vocal processors. Onyxia smiled widely at the sight of her father alive and breathing. It brought tears to her eyes when she finally realised that she could tell him she loved him. She could tell him everything that she had been feeling ever since he had passed.

Optimus supported himself on his knees and spoke to Sam. "Boy, you returned for me."

Leave it to my father to call Sam "boy", Onyxia thought with amusement.

"A living Prime," Jetfire spoke, laughing in awe at the very sight. "I don't believe it!"

Just then, ruining the reunion, the Fallen appeared and ripped the Matrix from Optimus's spark before flying to the machine that would destroy Earth's sun. Onyxia's spark raced in panic as she saw the weak form of her father lying on his side. He was in no condition to fight the Fallen.

"Get up, Prime!" Ironhide called to his leader.

(Lol, Netflix called poor Ironhide Jetfire now)

"He's turning on the machine!" Sam cried. "You got to get up!"

Onyxia looked at Ratchet as he frowned and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Your father is far from strong enough to fight the Fallen," the medic spoke.

"All my Decepticon life, I never did a thing worth doing until now," Jetfire spoke solemnly. "Optimus, take my parts, and you will have a power you've never known. Fulfil your destiny." With that, the Seeker ripped out his own spark and collapsed. With the help of Jolt, Optimus was able to take the Seeker's parts and launched into the air to fight the Fallen.

"You didn't talk to him," Bumblebee pointed out.

"Yeah, I figured it would be better to talk to him when the battle is over," she answered him with a small smile. "I can spend as much time as I want with him then. As long as no one pesters us." She chuckled at the thought, completely overcome with joy.

-------------------

When her father returned, he had released all of Jetfire's parts and walked towards the town once more. Onyxia was in complete working condition and no longer had a single wound on her body. With a kiss of gratitude on both Ratchet's and Bumblebee's cheeks, she ran towards her father. Seeing his daughter run towards him in her holoform, he transformed into his altmode mode and brought out his own. He awaited her with arms wide open. She flung herself into her father's arms, leaking tears from her eyes as he held her and spun her around.

"My precious Onyxia," he muttered, hands on the back of her head and around her waist as he placed her back on the ground. She had buried her face in the crook of his neck, refusing to leave his warm embrace.

"I had never told you just how much I love you," she choked, running her hands through his hair to further comfort herself that her father was indeed with her--alive. "All those years you've raised me to be strong and kind, I could not be more grateful for the woman you have made me, daddy." She was sobbing uncontrollably at that point, overwhelmed with gratitude and appreciation for her father and the efforts that Sam and the others had put into bringing her father back to her.

"I love you, too, Onyxia. My greatest creation." They had finally pulled away from each other and Onyxia nearly began crying even harder at the sight of her father's watery eyes. He looked at her with nothing but pride and appreciation. She gently cupped his cheek and smiled as best as she could without making it look like she was completely distraught.

"Where is your body?" Optimus asked her softly. Deep down, he knew the answer to her question. He had seen her dead body in the factory building as he came to save her and Sam. If Onyxia was in front of him in her holoform, without her body, then Megatron would've done just as he suspected.

"Megatron had ripped my spark out," Onyxia answered quietly, almost dreading the recollection of what her own Uncle had done to her. "He didn't leave me dead though, he gave my holoform my spark. Now I am in a human body. A decade left to live." She almost laughed as she said it out loud to her father. She was filled with cynicism towards her Uncle for not only taking her body away but also killing her father. She was grateful to get one of that which she lost back though.

"We can return your true form if we find your Cybertronian body," Optimus informed his daughter, sparking hope in her eyes. "I shall inform the soldiers to begin a search for your body. It should only be a matter of time before they find it."

"Thank you, father," Onyxia said softly. "I promise to make more time for you."

"As do I, my child."

"Optimus," Bumblebee spoke, his holoform moving to stand beside Onyxia. He gave a small bow to his leader, eliciting a chuckle from the man.

"There is no need for bowing, Bumblebee," Optimus spoke reassuringly, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Thank you for protecting my daughter and the humans."

"Uhm, about Bee!" Onyxia spoke up, causing Bumblebee's eyes to widen considerably. "He and I just happen to be dating now!"

"Oh?" Optimus said with a raised brow. He looked at the scared-shitless Autobot, who stood straighter.

"Y-Yes, sir. I promise to protect your daughter with my life, to never bring her harm or pain. She means a great deal to me," Bumblebee rushed out, pausing as he stared nervously at a silent Optimus. "...Sir."

Optimus let out a chuckle at his words before bringing both Onyxia and Bumblebee into a group hug. "If there is anyone I would trust with my daughter, Bumblebee, it would be you. I did not make you her partner for nothing, after all."

"Thank you, Optimus," Bumblebee said softly.

------------------------

"Our races, united by a history long forgotten and a future we shall face together. I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message so that our pasts will always be remembered, for in those memories, we live on."