xii.

"Earth, birthplace of the human race. A species much like our own, capable of great compassion and great violence. For in our quest to protect the humans, a deep revelation dawns. Our worlds have met before. For the last two years, an advanced team of new Autobots have taken refuge here under my command. Together, we form an alliance with the humans, a secret but brave squad of soldiers. A classified strike team called NEST. We hunt for what remains of our Decepticon foes hiding in different countries around the globe."

--------------------

"Come on, let's go! All hands on deck!" Onyxia could hear from inside Sam's house, stirring her awake. Her holoform slept in the backseat of her alt mode as it was parked in the garage that she shared with Bumblebee. They had managed to make it feel somewhat like a home and both shared creative control over the furniture. Although, nothing could alleviate the feeling of crampedness they both felt in the garage. Most times their alt modes were pressed against each other and it was highly awkward for both of them. To move around inside they both used their holoforms, which were much less cramped, so they preferred to use them.

"Morning, princess," Bumblebee spoke, his holoform leaning his arm against the door of her alt mode and peering into the backseat with a smirk. "Lovely morning hair."

"Shut the fuck up," Onyxia giggled, burying her face in her hands. He opened her door and held a hand out for her to grab. He helped her out of the vehicle and shut the door behind her.

"Such a gentleman," she mused, pinching his cheeks and causing him to laugh and push her hands off him.

"Fix up your hair and change your clothes so you're presentable for when Sam comes in," Bumblebee said, barely able to contain his grin. Onyxia rolled her eyes at the thought but listened anyway, heading to the makeshift bathroom they had constructed. It was pathetic, with an unlevelled mirror, terribly built walls to have privacy, and it didn't even have anything a bathroom would usually have except for the mirror and a crappy sink that doesn't work.

Onyxia grabbed the hairbrush that lay in the sink and began to brush her hair while wiping the sleep from her eyes. Once she was content with her appearance (which was really minimally presentable at best) she quickly updated her holoform to have it wear everyday clothing. With a satisfied smile, she walked out of the bathroom, only to slump when she saw Bumblebee's unimpressed face as he gazed upon her hair. He held a hand out.

"Give me the brush," he spoke, leading her to a mini lounge area they had created. They were sitting peacefully in the garage as he brushed her hair properly. Onyxia spoke animatedly about all sorts of passions that she had developed throughout her stay on Earth and Bumblebee listened intently, longing to know every little thing about his partner after her twelve-thousand-year disappearance. Everything was joyful and light-hearted in the garage.

That was until there was a loud commotion outside and the sound of what Onyxia thought to be guns. She turned to Bumblebee and he nodded, confirming the question he knew she was wondering.

"I hear it, too. Gunshots," he remarked, placing her brush on the table beside him and unsummoning his holoform. Onyxia did the same.

"BUMBLEBEE! ONYX!" Sam screamed from outside and the two responded immediately by crashing through the garage door and transforming into their bipedal modes, shooting down all the little baby Decepticons that were attacking Sam and his family. Onyxia didn't bother to ask how or why they were there.

Once they were all dead, Bumblebee made a whir of satisfaction, proud to have protected his friend. That was until Sam yelled at him and Onyxia to go back into the garage as if they were children.

"Huh?!" Onyxia exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air with exasperation. "Are you kidding me, Sam!?" While Bumblebee crawled into the garage still in his bipedal mode to pout, the Prime parked her alt mode in the middle of Sam's backyard stubbornly. When Sam kicked her she shouted a string of curses at the boy.

"Don't you dare kick me, Samuel Witwicky," she sneered. "Next time you call for my help I'm leaving you to die, you bastard." She revved her engine and made her way into the garage, with only half of her alt-mode inside due to Bumblebee taking up all the space. He whirred in response to her arrival before making another series of whirs which communicated his frustration. Onyxia walked over to the table where her brush was left and held it up.

"Need a distraction?"

----------------------

"Am I...interrupting something?" Sam asked as he walked into the garage. Onyxia didn't dare acknowledge his existence while Bumblebee turned and looked at the boy. His holoform fizzled away, causing the brush that was in his hand to clatter to the ground. The Prime sighed, picking the brush up tenderly and moving into the bathroom to put it away. She heard Bumblebee transform into his bipedal mode.

"Bee, Onyx, I want to talk to you about the whole college thing," Sam began, peaking the attention of Onyxia, who popped her head out of the bathroom.

"Yes?" she motioned for him to continue.

"I'm so excited," Bumblebee sang, clicking his fingers to the beat.

"Hey, I'm not taking you with me. Both of you," Sam interrupted his fun, causing a series of whirs to escape the Autobot. Onyxia visibly slumped. "I meant to tell you this earlier. It's just that, you know, here's the thing. Freshmen aren't allowed to have cars. I know, and if it was up to me I'd take you both with me, but it's not. Look, you're an Autobot, Bee, and you're a prime, Onyx. You both shouldn't be here, living in my dad's garage. I mean, you're suffocating in here. You barely have any space, it's always so cramped. You guys deserve better than this. This is hard enough, man, don't make it harder. Can you just look at me please?" Reaching up, Sam cupped Bumblebee's cheek and turned his head to look at him. The Autobot only looked down. Onyxia watched the interaction sadly. Bumblebee loved spending time with Sam, and now that wasn't going to happen anymore.

"Come on, big guy. The guardian thing is done. Okay? You did your job. I'm safe now. You need to go be with Optimus Prime and the others. I just wanna be normal, Bee. That's why I'm going to college, and I can't do that with you," Sam finished. Onyxia heard Bumblebee begin to cry and heard splashes of water hit the cold concrete of the garage. She frowned deeply, approaching Bumblebee and resting a hand on his leg.

"It's not the last time I'm gonna see you, you know, Bee. Come on, you're killing me, Bee. But you'll always be my first car. Love you, Bee, Onyx," Sam said, leaving the garage and the two Autobots' lives for years. Bumblebee transformed into his altmode and while Onyxia tried to coax out his holoform, it never came out. With a sad sigh, she left the garage to give him space.

"I love you, Bee," she whispered softly, praying he heard but knowing he didn't.