xxii.

"That really, really hurt," Simmons complained to Jetfire. "You're just lucky that I didn't get hurt! People could've gotten killed, okay? And if I would have gotten hurt, you would have heard-"

"Oh, shut up," Jetfire snapped. "I told you I was opening a space bridge. It's the fastest way to travel to Egypt."

"When did you...When did you tell us?" Sam exclaimed as he stood up with a newly bandaged hand. "You didn't tell us anything! You didn't tell us anything. Why are we in Egypt?!"

"Don't you get snippy with me, fleshling. You were duly informed."

Onyxia smiled with relief when she saw Wheelie roll towards her. She picked him up and helped him onto her shoulder.

"Can you just stop for a second?" Sam requested Jetfire. "Can you focus? Can you tell us why we're in Egypt so we can all have a little bit of semblance of peace of mind?"

"This planet was visited by our race once before, by our earliest ancestors, a millennia ago. They were on an exploratory mission to harvest energon, the lifeblood of our race. Without it, we'll all perish, oxidise and rust, like my wretched self! Do you have any idea what it's like to slowly fall apart and die?"

Onyxia winced at his wording. If she didn't know then, then she would certainly know in a decade's time. She wondered what her father would think when he was told that he only had a limited time with her. Although, that was if he couldn't find a way to help her.

"Let's not get episodic, okay, old-timer?" Simmons remarked. "Beginning, middle, end. Facts. Details. Condense. Plot. Tell it."

"Somewhere buried in this desert," Jetfire began, "our ancestors built a great machine. It harvests energon by destroying suns."

"Destroy suns?" Sam repeated.

"You mean blow them up?" Leo said in disbelief.

"Yes," Jetfire confirmed. "You see, in the beginning, there were seven Primes, our original leaders. And they set out into the universe, seeking distant suns to harvest. The Primes set out with one rule, never destroy a planet with life, until one of them tried to defy this rule. And his name forevermore was the Fallen. He despised the human race and he wanted to kill you all by turning on that machine. The only way to activate it is with a legendary key called the Matrix of Leadership. A great battle took place over the possession of the Matrix. The Fallen was stronger than his brothers, so they had no choice but to steal and hide it from him. In the ultimate sacrifice, they gave their lives to seal the Matrix away in a tomb made of their very own bodies...a tomb we cannot find. Somewhere, buried in this desert, that deadly machine remains. The Fallen knows where it is and if he finds the tomb of the Primes, your world will be no more."

"Okay, so how do we stop him?" Mikaela inquired. 

"Only a Prime can defeat the fallen." Onyxia wanted to rip her hair out when she heard Jetfire's words. She was no longer a Prime and her father, a Prime, was dead. She slumped onto the ground hopelessly, her head buried in her hands. Wheelie patted her head in an attempt to comfort her, which she greatly appreciated.

She was lucky to have such amazing friends.

"Optimus Prime? Onyxia Prime?" Sam asked Jetfire. Hearing her name with the title she did not believe she deserved, she looked at the boy with curious eyes.

"So, you've met two Primes? Why, you must have met great descendants. Optimus and Onyxia...both a formidable pair. Onyxia's got the capability to surpass her own father if she could lead with the seriousness Optimus can. I thought she had died. Are they here? Alive? On this planet?"

"I'm right here," Onyxia said, somewhat bitterly. "He sacrificed himself to save Sam and me."

"So, he's dead...but, Onyxia Prime, huh? We have a fighting chance with you then."

"I might as well be dead, too, Jetfire," she sighed, sorrow overcoming her once more. "Megatron ripped out my spark and forced it into my holoform. Never thought it was possible..."

"A holoform is an extension of your body, it was always a possibility, but I never imagined one to subject such a terrible fate on another. Only few have done it in history, and coincidentally enough, the only one to do so is Megatron. Unfortunately, though, without a Prime, it's impossible to beat the Fallen. No one else could stop the Fallen."

"So, the same energy that's gonna be used to reactivate the machine...could that energy somehow be used to reactivate Optimus and bring him back to life?" Sam asked Jetfire.

"It was never designed for that purpose, but it's an energy like no other."

Jetfire confirming Sam's theory caused Onyxia's blood to run cold. There was a chance to save her father? Bring him back to life? Her heart swelled with joy and hope at the thought of being held in her father's arms once more and finally telling him how much she loved him after twelve thousand years without him. She'd never go a day without expressing her love for him, never again. She wanted so desperately to hold him once more, to feel his spark beat in his chest as he rocked her to sleep...a foolish child's dream. She was no longer a sparkling and no longer Cybertronian.

Let's just get him back first, Onyxia thought with great hope.

"So, then, how do you get us to the Matrix before the Decepticons get to me?" Sam asked Jetfire, a smile of hope on his face just like Onyxia's.

"Follow your mind, your map, your symbols. What you carved in the sand, it's your clue. When dawn alights the Dagger's Tip, Three Kings will reveal the doorway. Find the doorway! Go now! Go! That was my mission. It's your mission now! Go before the Decepticons find me and find you," Jetfire ushered, shooing the humans away and towards Bumblebee, Skids, and Mudflap.

"Did you hear that?" Onyxia said excitedly to Wheelie. "We can bring him back!" Wheelie nodded, a semblance of a smile on his face.

"I'm sure that, with your capabilities, you will be able to do so. It'll be a guaranteed success!" Wheelie exclaimed excitedly. Her excitement was contagious and left her creation with great excitement, too.