xx.

Onyxia disconnected the chain from Wheelie and let him hug her arm close to him for comfort. She had examined his eye and, to his relief, she had confirmed that she could fix it.

"We need your help, Wheelie," she requested. "Can you tell us where to find someone who can read the language of the Primes?"

"Can't you?" Wheelie questioned, his eyes dimming as he looked at his creator's sorrowful eyes.

"I left my past behind me, Wheelie. I no longer understand it like I used to."

"Here, Wheelie," Bumblebee spoke, pointing to the Cybertronian altmodes' photos to prevent Onyxia's mood from declining again. If she focused on something else, she couldn't think about the past.

"Oh, oh! These guys, they're seekers. Oldest of the old. They've been here for thousands of years, looking for something. I don't know what. Nobody tells me nothing, but they'll translate those symbols for you. And I know where to find them." Using bright green lasers to mark locations on a map Simmons had stuck to the wall, he revealed that the closest Seeker was in Washington. Onyxia smiled proudly, giving him a scratch on the head. Simmons shook his head as he witnessed the sight.

"Just like a chihuahua..."

-------------------------

"Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Land of dreams in there," Simmons announced as he gazed through a pair of binoculars. The building's very name gave Onyxia the knowledge that the seeker that they were looking for was an aircraft. "All I ever wanted to be was an astronaut," he said with childish wonder. Onyxia was horrifically reminded that he was not a child as he ripped his pants off, revealing his underwear. She didn't think her eyes could widen as much as they did when he did so without any warning. She immediately covered her eyes and turned around, praying to the Primes that the image would be erased from her mind.

"What the fuck, Simmons?!" she exclaimed.

"What? I wear them when I'm in a funk," Simmons brushed her off. "So does Giambi, Jeter. It's a baseball thing, okay?" He finished changing his clothes and slipped on a beige jacket. Onyxia turned back around and smiled when she saw Bumblebee's holoform leaning against his altmode. 

"Watches synchronised, sharp mind, empty bladder. You get caught, demand an attorney and don't ever say my name," Simmons ordered, tossing a bottle of pills to Sam. "Take these pills. Slip it under your tongue. It's the high-concentrate polymer that they put in Oreo cookies. Tricks the polygraph every time. Okay, now let's get this show on the road." He pulled out a taser and swiftly turned it on to check that it was working. Leo began to panic at the sight.

"No, listen, I can't do this! I'm not some alien bounty hunter, guys. I'm not gonna do this. Guards have guns. I don't want to die-" he rambled before getting backed against Skid's altmode by Simmons.

"You compromise this mission, you are dead to me. Now look into my eyes and tighten up that sphincter."

---------------------

"Come on, Bee," Onyxia ushered quietly, sticking close to the wall with her partner as they traversed the hallways of the museum.

"Can we stop for a moment?" Bumblebee requested, which intrigued the once-Prime. She turned to him with raised eyebrows and nodded.

"What's up?"

"I just...I-" he sighed. "Nevermind, let's keep going." Onyxia frowned deeply, not following after her partner when he began to move. She never had a moment when Bumblebee kept something from her in the two years they'd been living together. They were completely transparent with each other. Why was he refusing to tell her what he was thinking now? Did she do something wrong?

Was it because she wasn't Cybertronian anymore?

Her spark broke at that thought that crossed her mind, her body visibly slumping. While the thought was stupid, she was much too lost in her emotions to think rationally. Her partner no longer trusted her enough to know his thoughts. It really hurt her considering just how much she cared for him.

"Onyxia?" Bumblebee called, looking at her expectantly.

"C-Coming," she stuttered, only to slump when her partner continued walking without another word. She turned and walked the other way, only to run straight into a guard.

"Hey! What are you doing here?!" he exclaimed, grabbing her arm when she went to run. Her eyes widened with terror as she saw he had a holstered gun.

"I-I'm sorry," Onyxia rushed out, her eyes flitting to try and find a potential escape. "Please...!"

"I'm going to need to call the police."

"Please, don't!" she pleaded with the man, only for him to turn her around to face away from him and cuff her wrists together behind her back. Her breathing accelerated as her thoughts travelled to the memories of her being tortured by government workers. Her body seized up and refused to be taken anywhere, which caused the guard to give her a shove. She stumbled forward but refused to move any further.

"Hey!" Bumblebee called from behind the two, causing the guard to let go of Onyxia and turn to face him. Seconds later there was a sound of a taser and the groans of the guard. Bumblebee was in front of her almost immediately, his eyebrows furrowed deep as he saw the distress on her face. He brought her close to his chest after he broke her cuffs, whispering words of reassurance to her just as he did when she lost her Cybertronian body.

That was the Bumblebee she knew, and she melted into his touch as soon as he held her.

"I'm sorry, I left," she mumbled weakly. "I got upset."

"I'm sorry, too, Onyx," he muttered in reply. "I know we haven't kept anything from each other for two years now. I just...this is something I need to figure out first. Now, let's go. We can't be slowing down the others." Onyxia nodded slightly, walking beside her partner with her hand in his.

The two had just barely managed to catch up to everyone. Wheelie had led them to a Blackbird plane, which Onyxia could already tell was a Cybertronian. The mere energy radiating from the plane was enough to confirm her suspicions. She nodded to both Sam and Simmons.

"There he is," Wheelie said in anticipation as he transformed into his bipedal mode. "This guy's a legend, like the chairman of the board! Yo, freshman, point the shard and watch the magic happen."

Sam did what he was told to do and the AllSpark shard flew from the tweezers he held them in and onto the Blackbird, which rippled with energy from the shard and began to come to life. Mikaela and Sam quickly ran under the plane, looking at the bottom of it for any sign of its allegiance.

"It's a Decepticon!!" Mikaela cried.