xxiii.

"Okay, here's what my CIA contact says," Simmons began. " Ancient Sumerians used to call the Gulf of Aqaba the 'Dagger's Tip'." Everyone was sitting in a seat within Bumblebee's altmode, discussing their next plans, and it appeared that they had found that next plan.

"It's part of the Red Sea," Simmons added. "It divides Egypt and Jordan like the tip of a blade. Twenty-nine and a half degrees north, thirty-five east."

"We need to find a way to get my father to the Dagger's Tip," Onyxia said thoughtfully. The only way to do so was to get into contact with the army, but she was unsure about how they were to do that.

"How are you going to get him halfway across the world?" Leo asked her.

"We can make a call," Sam said with realisation. Just then, the sirens of police cars sounded and Onyxia spotted a group of them approaching them at a fork in the road.

"Got cops, guys!" she called, relieved that Sam put his hands on the wheel (he was in the driver's seat) to lessen the chance of Bumblebee being found out. Bumblebee swerved towards the police cars but made a swift turn back on the road that they were following, which caused the police cars to swerve and lose control in an attempt to avoid a possible collision.

"I can't go to prison, guys!" Leo cried from the backseat. They were followed by the police into a small town that was composed of cobblestone roads and streets along with concrete buildings.

"Sam, we got to get off this road and lay low," Simmons told the boy.

"Tell that to Bee, not Sam," Onyxia remarked. "He's the one getting us out of this situation." Just then, Bumblebee had managed to lose the police when the police car in the lead collided with another car and caused a chain reaction of accidents on the road. The humans had to get out in a side alley quickly and the Autobots transformed into their bipedal modes to traverse the landscape properly. Bumblebee and Mudflap were holding onto the roof of a building, dangling against the wall, and Skids was being held by Bumblebee's free hand.

"Man, stupid cops," Skids complained.

"This is what's called blending in like a ninja," Mudflap commented.

"Shut up or I'll blend my fist with your face," Skids retorted.

"Okay, we're running out of time," Sam said to each of the humans. "I need to make a call to Lennox-"

"You're on the Worldwide Wanted List. Try calling one base, they'll track you here in seconds. CIA is all over this place!" Simmons argued.

"You're gonna call," Sam said as if it were obvious. Simmons looked at the boy blankly before he nodded and rolled his eyes.

"Okay. That's a good idea. I mean, I just had my mind on other things, like winding up in an Egyptian prison." Just as the man was about to leave for a telephone, Onyxia grabbed his arm.

"Tell them to be as quick as they can. The world depends on it," she said softly.

------------------

"Okay, let's go over it again," Sam said.

"When the dawn alights the Dagger's Tip, Three Kings will reveal the doorway," both Sam and Simmons said in sync. Onyxia was now the one sandwiched between Leo and Mikaela while Simmons and Sam were in the front.

"That's what he said," Simmons added. "You know what it means?"

"No, what does it mean?" Sam asked him.

"I have no idea."

"Oh, my God, checkpoint. Checkpoint," Leo rushed out. "I don't have my passport!"

"Didn't expect you to," Onyxia retorted. Bumblebee approached the checkpoint that they needed to cross if they were to reach the Dagger's Tip.

"Passport!" a soldier yelled before speaking in Arabic.

"They got cameras at the top," Sam commented, shifting in his seat.

"All right, chill. This is espionage now. I can handle it," Simmons reassured the boy. Now they were truly on the clock--as soon as Sam spotted the cameras, the law would've been aware of his presence. "These are my people. I'm one-thirty-sixth Arab," he finished, causing a scoff to escape Onyxia.

"Great, a frickin' munchkin," Wheelie complained, leaning forward from his seat on Onyxia's lap to get a closer look at the guard that was approaching them. "Little people are mean. Tell him he's tall."

"Transform, Wheelie," she whispered to her creation. He nodded and obeyed her command, transforming into his bipedal mode. She found it adorable how he had chosen his altmode to be a toy car.

The guard approached the window on the side that Simmons was on. He dragged his finger across the side of Bumblebee as he walked to the window, creating a loud squeaking sound that caused Onyxia to scrunch her face up. There was something so threatening about the action that left her bouncing her leg anxiously. When the guard reached the window, Simmons and he started talking in Arabic.

"The Dagger's Tip?" Simmons said in English. "Right? Egypt, Jordan, we want to go there. Me and my family. This is my family. This is my son, my other son, my daughter, and my other daughter. We're tourists from New York."

"New York?" the guard said excitedly. "Fifty kilometres!"

"You look like the guy that runs my falafel stand!"

Onyxia snorted at his words.

--------------------

They had all reached an abandoned building, which they had all agreed that they would stay at for the night until they figured out the rest of the riddle regarding the location of the Matrix. Skids walked around with his back hunched and arms out as he tried to be 'sneaky'.

"Undercover, yo. You got to blend in with your surroundings. You know, you got to be part of the landscape-" Skids said, yelling with shock as Bumblebee walked straight into him and knocked him to the ground. Onyxia guffawed at the sight, weak at the knees at her partner's action.

"Come on, Onyx! Get in, get in!" Sam called to her from the entrance of the building. With a frown, she obeyed his calls and walked into the building, but not without saying goodbye to Bumblebee with a fist bump.

-------------------

That night, after the Autobots had surveyed the area to ensure that they were all safe, Bumblebee's holoform approached Onyxia as she was alone outside the building. She was staring at the stars, thinking of Cybertron and if her father was watching her from the skies, proud of her and Sam for fighting for him.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Onyxia spoke softly as she turned to look at him. Bumblebee's palms grew sweaty when she said those words, for he could not entertain the idea of the stars being more beautiful than her and it took him all of his willpower to keep it to himself. It wasn't easy, and he found himself growing tired of keeping his feelings to himself. He kept it secret for two years, the emotional exhaustion that came with it could only be dealt with for so long. With a deep breath, he calmed his nerves and sat down beside her.

He was going to tell her.