xxxii.

"Bee, you take the freight elevator. I'll see you up there," Sam said as he got out of Bumblebee and walked into the building where his home was. Wheelie and Brains followed him. Onyxia planned to stay with her boyfriend but the car door opened harshly. She stared outside with sorrow but didn't bother to fight him. She got out and headed inside the building.

"This blows. That lady officially kicked us out," Wheelie complained as he sat outside on the balcony of Sam's home.

"Yeah. Witness Protection Program sucks," Brains agreed.

"Yeah, but we're a whole lot safer with big yellow and our Master. That dog can't protect crap."

Onyxia was on the couch opposite Bumblebee as he crouched down and worked on his cannons. He didn't look at her nor pay her any mind. To him, it might as well have been like he had no clue of her existence.

"Bee?" Sam called, walking towards the Autobot and holding his voice box affectionately. Bumblebee made whirs of contentment and his eyes dimmed. "You miss hanging out? Yeah, me too." He walked to the kitchen and pulled out a milk carton from the fridge.

"That woman, she called me a messenger," Sam spoke. "Can you believe that? After everything I've done, I'm a messenger." Wheelie stood on a window frame and nodded.

"Oh, I believe it. I tell you, Sammy, we feel the same way. The disrespect on this rock is criminal! I don't know how Onyxia made it twelve thousand years here," the sparkling spoke. Onyxia smiled at her creation, patting the spot on the couch next to her. He excitedly jumped inside and then onto the couch, snuggling up to his creator. She scratched his head softly and shifted her attention back to Sam.

"We should do something about it," he began. "I need to know why they're killing humans. I say we call the expert." With that, he put the milk carton away and headed upstairs to his room. It was just Onyxia, Bumblebee, and a sleeping Wheelie.

"What's wrong?" Onyxia asked her boyfriend, who whirred softly.

"Seven years," he spoke simply. "Three years."

"Yeah...confronting, isn't it?" she spoke softly. He only shook his head.

"I'm disappointed in myself and angry at Mearing for forcing me to spend three years of the last ten years of your life away from you."

Onyxia smiled softly and motioned for Bumblebee to sit beside her. He obliged, transforming into his altmode and bringing out his holoform. He plopped down on the couch beside her and sighed deeply.

"Can you lie down, please?" she requested. While he furrowed his eyebrows, he did so and laid down with the armrest as a pillow. She then followed suit and laid on his chest, bringing a sleeping Wheelie onto hers.

"Let's not think about those three years, okay? You were still a part of my life and while it was not in person, it was still enough to make me feel loved. I'm still so grateful that she wasn't so rude as to keep us from talking to each other," Onyxia explained quietly, smiling as Bumblebee kissed her head softly.

"You have clearance, now. I will make sure that we make the most of every second we have together, okay? I promise."

----------------------

"Tell Megatron, let's tango," Simmons announced as he walked into the building. It caused Onyxia and Bumblebee to both wake up simultaneously. Onyxia chuckled when she saw that Wheelie was still fast asleep.

"Ah, the two lovebirds. Great to see you're still as sickeningly stuck to each other as you were three years ago," Simmons commented as he began to set up equipment. He brought out a board and began to pin all sorts of papers about dead astronauts that were all suspiciously killed in car-related accidents.

"You've got to break this case down," he began. "What we have here is an astronaut epidemic. MIA, dead, died in a car accident, killed, DOA, car death. It's like these guys can't drive. They can fly into outer space, but they can't drive a car." There was a knock at the door and Sam scrambled to answer it.

"Procured your information, Witwicky," a voice came from the door.

"Thank you, Bruce," Sam replied. There was a loud bang when he tried to shut the door.

"Now...let me see one right now. One time."

"Quick."

"Very."

The room was quiet as Sam's work boss walked in and stared at Bumblebee's altmode, underwhelmed at the sight. Then his eyes shifted to the couch and he smiled widely, approaching Onyxia and Bumblebee with great excitement. Just as he was about to touch Bumblebee, Onyxia's hand reached up and grabbed the man's wrist tightly.

"Don't touch him," she warned the man. "Manners, Bruce." Bruce nodded his head and watched in anticipation as she sat up and let Bumblebee's holoform disappear. Soon after his altmode had swiftly transformed into his bipedal mode and Bruce squealed like a young child. She let go of the man with a scrunched-up face.

"I have a sleeping child, Bruce," she sighed.

"Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter," Sam spoke as he looked at the paper Bruce had given him. "It says NASA launched it in 2009. See, forensics show Wang may have messed with the code, preventing it from mapping the far side of the moon, which is also the dark side."

"Fucking awesome," Bruce spoke, still admiring Bumblebee.

"They infiltrate us, intimidate us, coerce us to do their dirty work and once they're done," Simmons imitates a gunshot, "a double tap to the cerebellum."

"So humans are working for the Decepticons," Sam concluded.

"I don't think this is about the Decepticons looking for something on the moon. I think it's about something they wanted to hide."

"Come to Daddy," Bruce spoke, holding his arms in front of his face as if he were preparing to get into a fistfight with Bumblebee. The Autobot pointed at the man, non-verbally warning him to cut it out. Onyxia only watched in amusement as Bruce went to kick Bumblebee and Bumblebee brought down his face shield and pushed the human away.

"Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?" He then pinned Bruce down with his charged-up cannon, which didn't evoke a sense of fear within the human, but instead caused him to break out into a fit of laughter. Onyxia raised an eyebrow and scoffed.

"What a freak," Wheelie spoke, causing her to jump.

"Morning. God, you scared me," she laughed.

"Sir! We are having a pretty high-level alien intel confab here that I don't think you're cleared for, errand boy," Simmons snapped at Bruce, who was quick to scramble onto his feet.

"Yeah, you're right. That's a bitching robot," Bruce spoke as he was escorted out of the building by Sam. Onyxia looked at Bumblebee with a smile before she burst into laughter.

"Bitching robot, huh?" she joked. He rolled his eyes at her antics.

"I'm smoking over here. Downloading missing Russian cosmonauts. Turns out the Soviets cancelled a manned mission to the moon," Brains spoke. "The moon! In 1972. And two of their cosmonauts went into hiding in America. And I just found them alive."

"You're a genius, Brains," Wheelie complimented his friend just as Carly walked in. When Bumblebee noticed he made a few panicked whirs and in the midst of that panic he collided with the very expensive chandelier that was hanging from the ceiling and brought it crashing to the ground despite trying his very hardest to prevent it from happening.

"Oh, that was smooth, Bumblebee," Brains spoke sarcastically.

"That's my clutz of a boyfriend," Onyxia sighed, holding her head in her hands.