xxxv.

Ahead, the Decepticon tossed a truck that was attached to a trailer that carried numerous poles and tubes, leading to Bumblebee transforming into his bipedal mode to get over them, sending all three humans flying. As debris flew towards them all, Bumblebee hit all of it away and grabbed all three humans securely, transforming into his altmode. Abigail sat in the passenger seat this time, her body tense and eyes wide. Onyxia was in the backseat and Sam was in the driver's seat. 

"Did a bit of a shuffle there," Onyxia joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Back to NEST!" Sam cried to Bumblebee, who listened.

-------------------------

When they were meters from the entrance to NEST, Ironhide (in his altmode) drove past the group to the two Decepticons still following them. Abigail turned her body to look behind her and watched Ironhide with a grin. Onyxia would've commented on her excitement to see the mech, but decided it wasn't the time.

Ironhide drove headfirst into the Decepticons, causing all three of them to transform into their bipedal modes. Bumblebee drove into the NEST headquarters and stopped when he had made it past the gates to let the humans get out to meet with Lennox.

"Get ready for your father's disappointment," Onyxia spoke to Abigail as they got out. 

"Oh, my God," Lennox spoke slowly, staring at his daughter as she adjusted the sling that kept her oxygen tank over her shoulder. She looked down at the ground with nothing short of a guilty expression.

"We got Decepticons everywhere," Sam said, trying to get Lennox's head back in the game. The soldier held up a hand to stop the boy.

"Abigail Lennox, what are you doing here?" he demanded, causing Ironhide to transform into his bipedal mode and crouch down in front of Abigail.

"Abi, this is no place for you," the weapons specialist spoke urgently. Abigail looked up at her guardian with a small frown.

"I just wanted to get out of the house," she spoke softly. "Y-You know how I feel about this cancer thing."

"Abi, I know, but couldn't you have gone to...what do humans call it?" Ironhide looked at Onyxia as if she'd know what he was talking about.

"Ironhide," Lennox sighed. "Go protect Sentinel. Get him locked up inside. I'll stay with Abigail."

Ironhide nodded and ruffled Abigail's hair with his finger before doing what he was ordered to. "You be careful, Abi. I don't know what I'd do with myself if you got hurt," he said to the girl.

"Hey, you've got to guard him, 'cause he's the key to the whole thing," Sam told Lennox.

"Indeed, I am," Sentinel began, having transformed into his bipedal mode. "What you must realize, my Autobot brothers, is we were never going to win the war. For the sake of our planet's survival, a deal had to be made with Megatron." His arm transformed into a gun and he pointed it at Ironhide's spark. Onyxia widened her eyes and went to run for the Autobot, but Lennox held her back, giving her a look that told her, "no". Out of pure desperation, Abigail snatched a gun from her father's belt and shot the Prime's eye, causing him to misfire just in time.

"Nice!" Onyxia said to Abigail with a sigh of relief.

"He's not touching my Autobot," Abigail muttered, staring at Sentinel Prime with a glare that, if looks could kill, would've sent him to Primus long ago.

"Foolish child!" the Prime sneered, going to shoot her and the rest of the humans, but Bumblebee tackled the Prime and just barely dodged a shot from Sentinel.

"Bee!" Onyxia screamed. "Bee, get away from him!"

"Ironhide!" Abigail called, getting the attention of the Autobot who was assisting Bumblebee. Ironhide transformed into his altmode and swerved to a stop in front of the girl as Sentinel began to shoot at humans and objects around him, wreaking havoc.

"We're getting you out of here," Ironhide spoke, his holoform appearing to help the girl in. When she was safe, he turned to Onyxia. "You need to get in, too."

Onyxia shook her head wildly, making a b-line for her boyfriend.

"Onyxia!" the weapons specialist cried.

"Bee!" she screamed, snatching a gun from a dead soldier and shooting Sentinel's face to distract him. Bumblebee finally got out, sprinting to his girlfriend and scooping her up from the ground and continuing to sprint for cover as Sentinel went inside the base to collect the pillars. He transformed into his altmode and began driving her to Sam's home. 

"Thank you," he spoke. "You saved my life."

"It's alright, Bee. Don't thank me," Onyxia whispered, leaning against his window. "I'll come to NEST tomorrow when I've gotten some sleep." There was a long pause before Bumblebee spoke once more, sensing her distress.

"Hey, I love you."

"I love you, too."

---------------------------

The next morning, Onyxia was at an intact base with Mearing and Sam. She had arrived just in time to greet the two and witness something on the TV that she never wanted to hear. She knew there was a reason why she felt uneasy at the fact that all Autobots were missing from the base.

"It's been a remarkable series of events today at the Capitol," a news reporter said through the radio. "Just moments ago, legislation was passed to exile the Autobots from American shores. The US military alliance with them is officially over."

Onyxia felt her energon run cold at the news of the Autobots--her family--being exiled. "Oh, my Primus," she breathed out, feeling panic reach up from within her gut and grip her spark, holding it hostage. She held onto Sam's shoulder to try and steady herself as she grew dizzy and sweaty.

"Onyx? Are you alright? Oh, my God, she's burning up," Sam rushed out, gently leading her onto her knees as she began to heave.

"This can't-" Onyxia cut herself off with a short and rapid inhale. Her breathing was picking up more and her lungs began to ache. The world around her spun wildly, leaving her more nauseous than before. All she could think about was her family. The Autobots. The family she had lost for so long, only to have them ripped away by the race that she and her family swore to protect. 

"I can't lose them again," she cried, grabbing fistfuls of Sam's shirt to try and feel somewhat steady even when she was on her knees. "Please, not again!" Tears had only then started streaming down her cheeks at a rapid pace in increasing numbers. Her spark was breaking in two at the knowledge that was would be losing her family today forever. She'd live out the rest of her days alone.

She would die alone.