"Okay, what is going on here?" Caleb demands.

___________________________

~Finn's P.O.V.~

After a small private discussion, me and Millie decide to tell them about our plan with the Duffers.

Lizzy scoffs. "If you were doing this for the fame, you wouldn't be acting like this right now." She points out.

"Yeah!" Gaten agrees.

"Maybe things got taken a little bit further then we meant for them to." Millie admits.

"A little?" Sadie mumbles under her breath. Millie elbows her.

"Okay, lets all just face it, they're not gonna tell us the truth, but we can all see clearly what's going on." Caleb remarks.

"Okay, Fine, Your right. But don't tell anyone cause as far as anyone else knows, it's only for the fame." Millie explodes.

I rub her back as they all sit there stunned at her outburst.

The girls are nearly done their food by now so we let them finish up before urging them to get ready to go so we can take them for a surprise.

___________________________

~Millie's P.O.V.~

We pull up to Pirates Cove Adventure Park, a miniature golf park.

We laugh our way through 12 of the eighteen holes. When we arrive at the 13th hole, Someone is already there, taking forever to finish. It's only one person, how long can it take?

The person turns around and pulls off a pair of sunglasses. I freeze.

"Well hello...long time no see." They utter.

I see Finn's nostrils flare.

"Guys lets just go." I mutter to my friends.

"Yeah, come on, ignore him." Sadie chimes, ushering everyone away. Finn stands there staring him down like a bull ready to charge.

"Finn. Leave it." I instruct. He does nothings. "Finn, I said let's go."

"No Millie." He insists without the slightest glance in my direction.

Noah walks up and grabs Finn by the arm, forcing him to come.

"Noah, let go!" Finn demands. Caleb takes Finn's other arm and push from behind, forcing him to move.

"He's not worth it Finn." Caleb says.

Finn seems to have cooled down by the time we get to the car, he seems to be more shaken than I am. I have to stay strong for him, or it will make things worse, I don't let my face waver for a second.

We all pile into the limo that is waiting for us and sit down as it pulls away.

I am next to Finn so I rub his knee. "It's okay Finn, we just can't give him any satisfaction and eventually he will go away." A tear threatens to fall, but I choke it back down.

"Do you not get it Millie? Don't you see what's going on?" Finn explodes. "He's stalking you and you don't care?"

"Trust me, I see exactly what's going on, but I also know Jacob a hell of a lot better than you, and I know that he wants a reaction, and if we stop giving him one he will stop."

"Why don't you guys just report him to the police?" Lizzy chimes in.

"Jacobs agents are smart, they would get him out of it, they aren't above lying, and..." I hesitate, I don't want to call Finn out in front of everybody, but he obviously doesn't care because he finishes my sentence.

"And I beat Jacob up after he hurt her, I should have stopped sooner, but I made sure he payed for what he did, and he could use that in his defence."

But then I begin to panic as I fully take in what Finn just said. Calm down Millie. I tell myself. Deep breaths. I can't let Finn see how much this scares me because I have to be the stronger one, since Jacob obviously has him shocked.

We all sit in silence and take this in the rest of the way back to the hotel.

After taking the stairs, we arrive at our rooms. As soon as the door to our room was closed I collapsed on the floor sobbing.

"Millie?!" Sadie cries rushing over. "I thought you were handling this all so well, what happened?" She asks as she picks me up onto her arms. Lizzy rushes over and rubs circles in my back.

"I had to. I had to stay strong...for Finn." I cry.

"What do you mean?" Lizzy asks.

"Finn isn't handling it very well, and I'm afraid...I'm afraid that if I let him see how much pain it's causing me, it'll make it worse for him. He might do something to Jacob." I pause for a
minute. "But it's hard to stay strong when the person that's supposed to be there for you isn't."

Neither of them say anything, they just rub my back.

___________________________

~Finn's P.O.V.~

"But it's hard to stay strong when the person that's supposed to be there for you isn't." Millie's words sting like a cut from a razor blade.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I heard someone burst out crying as I was heading into my room and was about to knock when I heard Millie's words.

I want to go in there, I want to apologize, I want to be the man Millie needs me to be. But I have a feeling I'm not the face she wants to see right now, so I reluctantly go into the guys room, and straight into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

I step into the shower and try to wash away what I just heard, hoping it will all go down the drain, but it doesn't.

Within the hour, we all pile into the limo and get driven to a night shoot. Me and Millie don't say a word to each other, and sit at opposite sides of the limo, not making eye contact. It kills me to not be able to see that smile, to see those eyes, to hold her hand.

Hey everyone, I know this chapter was kinda boring, but I needed it to get me to an important spot next chapter.

I hope it made sense! I got rid of a few chapters before it that I decided we're irrelevant to the story and kind of boring. I think I fixed everything in this one and made it work, so I hope everyone understood what is going on...if you don't, let me know in the comments or dms and I will explain it better.

Sorry but the next few updates may be even slower than usual as I am trying to sort out coming chapters in the story, so hang tight!

Once again I love all of my loyal readers so much! Don't forget to vote and comment!!

~Brooke 🌺✨