461: A Red Plum Climbs a Wall

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, eldest brother." Feng Yu Heng sincerely said. She did not mention a reason; however, Xuan Tian Qi acted as though he understood completely. He just smiled gently.

Leaving the Jing Palace, Feng Yu Heng's imperial carriage went straight toward the imperial palace. After entering the palace, she first went to pay a courtesy visit to imperial concubine Gu Xian. Imperial concubine Gu Xian no longer minded Feng Yu Heng as she did before. Instead, she was only thankful for her.

When she finally went toward Winter Moon Palace, it was already almost noon. Huang Quan held her belly and continued to complain about feeling hungry. Feng Yu Heng also felt quite hungry, thus she increased her pace and enticed Huang Quan: "There will be food to eat once we reach Winter Moon Palace."

However, reality would prove to be unpredictable. She did not think, she really never thought that before they could reach Winter Moon Palace, she would hear an extremely loud singing voice, "You are on that side of the mountain! I am on this side of the mountain! You are on that side of the wide river! I am on this side of the wide river! Girl, dear girl, why do you not look more at me!"

This song full of mysticism caused Huang Quan to become dazed, "Who is this? Who is so arrogant? Although Da Shun's customs are to be open-minded, it should not be open-minded to this degree, right? Also, this is the imperial palace. Who has the courage to run inside the imperial palace to sing love songs?"

Feng Yu Heng facepalmed: "Inside the imperial palace, especially in front of Winter Moon Palace's entrance, who else aside from that Emperor of ours would sing love songs?" Most importantly, if you want to sing, just sing, but wasn't this too painful to listen to? What exactly was going on?

Just as she was thinking, a voice that was almost as shrill as a woman's voice rose, and it also sang: "My love, oh my love, if you leap over the mountain, you will be able to see me. If you can cross the river, you can marry me. My love, oh my love, why do you not quickly come to my side!"

Feng Yu Heng covered her ears and turned around, wanting to leave. Who knew that Huang Quan's desire to gossip would rise. Grabbing hold of her, she begged: "Young miss, let's go over and take a look! Seeing the Emperor sing is something that occurs less than once every thousand years. Also, could it be that young miss is not curious as to who is singing the female's part?"

Feng Yu Heng rolled her eyes repeatedly, "Can you not tell who is singing the female part? Aside from his partner in... wait, aside from eunuch Zhang Yuan, who has remained on his side in battle, who else could it be?"

"Oh! Eunuch Zhang is singing much better than the Emperor. Young miss, let's go and take a look!"

Feng Yu Heng could not get away from Huang Quan, and her own curiosity had been piqued. Thus the two tiptoed and crept over while leaning forward. They even made sure to reduce the sound of their breathing. Sneakily, they crept forward, but before they could get close, they were blocked by two imperial guards. One of them lowered their voices like a criminal and asked: "Who is it?"

Feng Yu Heng waved to them: "It-it's me, county princess Ji An."

Practically everyone in the palace recognized her. Upon seeing that it was Feng Yu Heng that had come, the imperial guard quickly put away his spear, and the one that had just spoken said: "County princess, you've come? His Majesty ordered that nobody is permitted to interrupt the song that he is singing for imperial concubine Yun. Just earlier, her Highness the Empress had also come and was turned away."

Feng Yu Heng nodded and replied in a criminal tone: "I will not interrupt. I just want to watch the show."

The soldier said: "Good! County princess, be careful. You absolutely must not be discovered."