453: Serves You Right

Start from the beginning

But even if they were saved, the matriarch and Fen Dai had already been flattened by the angry folk. Fen Dai's small face had become deformed from the beating, swelling like a pig's head. The matriarch had fainted and did not wake up, and her body even twitched. Granny Zhao was the same, as she had fainted long ago.

He Zhong pointed at the angry crowd and began cursing. Those people followed suit and returned those curses; however, they did not dare step forward. After all, the Feng manor had people that knew martial arts. For those that were not proficient in martial arts, they knew that if they ran into a professional, they would end up eating a loss.

He Zhong continued cursing for a while, thus someone reminded him: "Housekeeper, the elder madam is most likely in trouble!"

He Zhong was also anxious. Turning around, he slapped the people across the face, "Shut your damn mouth!" Although he said this, he still turned toward the matriarch. It would have been fine if he did not look, but he was nearly scared to death after looking, "Elder madam!" He Zhong let out a shrill scream. Completely ignoring Fen Dai, who was also laying on the ground, he quickly ordered someone: "Quickly, go and get a doctor. Quickly get a doctor!"

A retainer of the family quickly went to get a doctor. There was also someone that tugged at He Zhong's sleeve and pointed toward Feng Yu Heng's side, quietly saying: "Second young miss is right there." The meaning was this is the best doctor.

But He Zhong did not have the face nor the courage to glance in the direction of Feng Yu Heng. He had personally seen the scene that the matriarch had caused. He knew long ago that something would end up happening, but the matriarch would not listen to anyone's advice, insisting that she had to do it. He was just a housekeeper. What more could he possibly have said. Now that something had happened, he was indeed afraid, but he only thought one thing in his mind: serves her right!

He Zhong felt that this served the matriarch right. Was she not looking for trouble! Now that this had happened, whether or not she could live depended on her own fortune.

Biting the bullet, he was about to salute and pay respects to Feng Yu Heng; however, at this time, he heard the person standing on the imperial carriage suddenly raise her voice and say: "Imperial guards, hear my order. There are violent citizens attacking the family of a government official. All of these people must be arrested and taken to the government office!"

Once this order was given, the imperial guards said "Yes!" in unison. They then pulled out their swords and surrounded the troublemakers.

The troublemakers were extremely shocked. They opened their mouths and wanted to shout, but even after the sound came from their throats, they were just monotone shouts. They did not know what to say because nothing would have been reasonable. First, they caused trouble for county princess Ji An. After that, they had beaten the Feng matriarch. Only then did they find that they had been in too much of a rush. They had been used. But since this was the case, what could they still say? Some of the people with more explosive tempers were held by the imperial guards. While walking toward the government office, they loudly said: "If I knew that this would have happened, I would have been more fierce with that beating. I would have just killed that old woman and that young miss!"

The messy shouts gradually grew further and further away. Only then did Feng Yu Heng leap down from the imperial carriage and personally helped Yao Xian off the carriage.

Yao Xian smiled bitterly, "My health is not so poor that it requires someone to help me."

She, however, said: "This is unrelated to your health. This is granddaughter fulfilling her filial duties."

On one side, the grandparent and grandchild were enjoying their deep relationship. On the other side, He Zhong quietly muttered: "The elder madam will not be able to survive! She will not survive!"