Chapter 48: are you my mommy?

Y/N's POV
"I think I want to take Sam in" I said, Ariana cuddled up against my side as we watched her performance at wango tango.

"You sure baby? It's a big step" she replied, pausing the video and sitting up so she could look at me.

"What do you want?" I asked, at the end of the day whatever Ariana wanted was what was going to happen. "It's up to you, I'll gladly raise him and be a mom" she said smiling.

"I think we should do it, he is mine after all and I don't want my mother raising him" I cringed thinking about my own childhood. Ariana nodded and smiled widely before taking my hand and pulling me off the bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I was dragged into our closet and she threw clothes at me.

"We have to go shopping if we are going to take in a six year old" she laughed before dressing herself and waiting for me to get dressed.

We went grocery shopping and got food we thought he would like and we got toys, video games and bought stuff for his room.
"Let's go get him" she said looking proudly at the room we had set up for him.
I smiled before taking her hand and getting my car keys and beginning the journey to my mothers house.
We arrived at the apartment complex earning lots of states since my car was really expensive and this place was a rough part of New York.
We got out and I placed a hand around Ariana's waist tightly, double locking my car before making our way into the building.
Various cat calls and whistles were sent our way but we just keep walking up the stairs to apartment 67.

I knocked lightly, taking my hand from around Ari's waist and holding her hand instead. The door swung open and I was met with a shirtless man, his facial hair was all disheveled and he looked like he just woke up.
"What do you want?" He said, slurring his words slightly before pointing his finger in my face.
"I'm here to see (your mother's name)" I said, trying to hold my breath so I didn't have to smell the aroma coming from him.
"Why? Did she get caught again?" He said laughing slightly before calling her name through the apartment.
She came out from behind, a cigarette dangling from her lips but when she saw me she threw it away and tried to compose herself.
"I'm here to pick up Sam" I said, looking behind her to see if I could see the boys.
"Sam!" My mom called behind her and out came Sam, his face lighting up when he saw me and came running straight into my arms.
"You gonna leave max with me?" She said, leaning against the door frame as I picked up Sam and let him sit on my hip.
"Yeah, I'll visit him regularly and he can come visit me whenever he likes" I said, max coming out behind the mans legs.
"Can I get sam's stuff please?" I tried to be polite before max came over and tugged on my trousers.
"What about me?" His voice breaking as tears threatened to spill from his eyes.
"You don't understand now little man, but one day you will. I love you both equally but I'm gonna bring Sam home with me because my apartment is closer to his kindergarten" I said trying to lie my way out of it.
"I need you to stay and mind mom for me, Okay? Can you do that for me?" I said, letting Sam down who ran inside to get his stuff and hugged max tightly, kissing his head. "I'm sorry" I said into his hair, he just hugged me tighter in response.

"I love you" I said, wiping my eyes and standing up, doing our handshake.
"I love you too" He said, hanging his head before going back inside. Ariana rubbed my back trying to comfort me before Sam came out with a bag and a teddy bear.
"Let's go, my little man" I smiled down at him, taking his bag off him and swinging it over my shoulder, taking his small hand in mine.
"I'll be back to pick up the rest of his stuff later, Max can come stay when he needs to. Raise max better than you raised me" I said before Sam let go of my hand and I look down at him.
"I have to say goodbye to Max" he said before running inside and I could see his hug max and max started to cry so Sam handed him his favorite teddy which took all of us by surprise because he never let that out of his sight.

He came back out and took my hand again, I took Ariana's hand and we walked out to the car.
"Do I get to live in your bean bag room?" He said looking up at me hopefully, swinging our hands. I laughed before answering him.
"We have a room set up for you buddy, but if you want to sleep on a bean bag then knock yourself out" he looked up at me and nodded his head repeatedly, making Ariana and I laugh.
We got into the car, I strapped Sam into his car seat making sure he was okay before getting into my own seat and starting the car.
Ariana got in and turned around to talk to Sam as I drove out of the car park and onto the free way.
"Hey, do you remember me?" She said smiling which made me smile.
"Yeah, you're Ariana, are you my sister too?" He replied, oblivious to the fact that I was his mom.
"Urm, yeah you could say that. I'm y/n's girlfriend" Ariana said as I looked at Sam through the mirror and he just nodded his head looking between the both of us.
"She's pretty isn't she sam?" I said, smiling widely at him before indicating into our apartment.
Ariana's hand squeezed my thigh as she blushed.
"She's so pretty! How did you get that lucky?" He said, staring at Ariana as she hid her face in her hand.
"I don't know little man" I laughed, smiling at Ariana who just smiled back, her face red.
We walked up to our apartment and went inside, Sam's jaw dropping at the sight of all the toys laid out for him and he ran to them excitedly.
"All this for me?!" He said, turning around as I pulled Ariana into me, her head on my chest as we watched him play.
"Well some of its for me" I laughed before walking over and playing with him for a few minutes.

We got dinner delivered to the house and I put on a Disney movie for Sam, Sam hasn't paid much attention to Ariana and every time she tries to talk to him he just hides behind me. He has always been shy so this behavior doesn't surprise me.

Sam fell asleep cuddled up to me on one of the bean bags and Ariana was asleep up in bed. She went up after the movie to get changed and fell asleep, I needed to move Sam and go up to Ariana.
I lifted Sam into his race car bed we had bought him today and wrapped him up in the blankets before kissing his head softly.
"Y/n?" He said as I turned around to leave, standing at the door.
"Yeah?" I whispered walking back over to him and crouching down.
"Are you my mommy? My other mom said that you are but I thought you were my sister" he said, rubbing his eyes.
"Yeah buddy, it's a long story but yeah I'm your mom, our mom is your grandma, you don't understand now but you will" I said stroking his hair, watching him close his eyes.
"Is ariana my mommy too?" He looked up at me with his blue eyes, he got them from his father.
"Yeah, she's a really good mommy, she loves you very much, you don't have to be shy around her" I said, thinking of our little family.
"She's nice, she doesn't like me though" he said pouting slightly.
"Hey, she loves you very much, she just doesn't like sharing me" I nudged him, smiling and he smiled back at me.
"Do you kiss her?" He said, making kissing faces which made me laugh.
"All the time, get used to it little man" I said, ruffling his hair.
"Hey" I heard my angel behind me, I turned around and she came over sitting beside me on the ground.
"Hey Sam" She said smiling at him and he smiled back hiding under his duvet.
"Sam" I said sternly and he peeked out, pulling the covers down.
"Hey Ariana" He shyly said, waving slightly.

"What are you guys doing up so late?" She laughed, placing a hand on my leg.
"Well Sam here, has a million questions" I winked at Sam and he started laughing.
"Ariana?" He asked, looking at her and sitting up in his bed.
"Yeah?" She replied, sitting in between my legs and leaning back against me.
"Y/n said she's my mommy and so are you, do you want to be my mommy?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side.
"I'd be honored, is that okay with you?"
Sam nodded and jumped out of bed and into Ariana's arms, she hugged him tightly and sighed with content.

"Okay buddy, it's sleep time. Ariana gets cranky if she doesn't sleep" I said, teasing Ariana as she stood up and put out her hand.
"Hey! I think we both know y/n gets grumpy" she said, leaning down to Sam and he nodded and laughed uncontrollably.
We hugged Sam and he insisted on giving Ariana a kiss before we left and I closed the door quietly behind me.
As soon as the door was closed I took Ariana in my arms and held her close to me.
"Do you think we are doing it right? Are we gonna be okay?" She said into my sweater, her arms around my neck.
"We will be fine, I love you" I said, kissing her head and she leaned up and pouted her lips which I gladly kissed.
"I love you too, now let's go to bed" she said, turning around and racing me up the stairs, I won of course and we both fell onto the bed in a laughing mess.
We got undressed and lay down in bed and after talking for about 10 minutes we were both fast asleep.