Chapter 28: saying goodbye

Y/N's POV
It was the second night of the show, we had just finished up the meet and greets and now it was time for the q and a part of the vip package the fans bought.

Ariana, Brian, Scott, a few of the dancers and I all walked out on stage and were met with about 30 screaming fans waiting for their questions to be answered.
"How's everyone doin'?" Brian shouted down through the mic, getting a chorus of "good" in response. "That's good, is everyone excited for the show?" They all screamed and someone shouted "Yasss my queen" which made me laugh.
I sat on the edge of the stage beside Ariana and everyone else.
"Okay who has the first question? Let's get this started" Brian said as he scanned the room looking for someone to pick.
"Okay you in the god is a woman crew neck, what's your name?"
"Paige, my question to Ariana is how are you so perfect?" Everyone awed at her question and Ariana hid her face in my shoulder in embarrassment.
"I'm far from perfect but thank you" she replied through the mic.
A few more questions were asked just general questions like "how long did it take to write sweetener?" And then people got braver and started asking more interesting questions.
"How did you and y/n meet? Hey y/n by the way" a boy asked from the front row. I waved at him before turning to Ariana waiting for her to answer.
"We met through Courtney, I actually went to pick up Y/n from her apartment to come out to the car and yeah she was amazing and I knew then that she was the one" she awkwardly said as she leaned against me, taking my hand in hers.
Everyone awed and then the relationship questions came rolling in one after the other.
"Have y'all fucked?" Was a very straight forward question and I turned back to look at Courtney who was laughing behind me.
"Ohhhh shush" Ariana replied before covering her face in her hands. Everyone screamed at her response and started chanting our ship name. I looked at Ariana who smirked at me while awkwardly laughing.
"Would you date a fan?" Someone from the back asked causing me to pick my head up from looking down at my hands.
"Well I'm taken right now but probably" her answer caused me to hit her shoulder playfully.
"I'm joking, no I'm taken for the rest of my life so I don't need to worry about that" she laughed before kissing my cheek as I pushed her away playfully. Everyone laughed  at our interaction, she finally crashed her lips against mine and I just laughed against her lips.
"That was fun, they are so funny" Ariana said as we walked back to the dressing room. "They are so funny"
It was true, her fans had the funniest sense of humor and she cared about them with everything in her. She's so protective of them and always defends them no matter what, she is always checking up with people to make sure they are okay. She has a heart of gold and has the best intentions sometimes her fans forget that and it really does effect her. Some days she won't get out of bad because of things some of her fans have said about her or she will cry in my arms for hours because they are fighting with each other and it gives her anxiety.

The show went amazing, I went out on the stage for "Y/N Y/L/N" and it was another amazing experience, I'm so lucky. They played "The Way" and a compilation of Ariana and Mac played in the background as Ariana sat on the steps singing, it really was magical.
Her fans found out the hotel we were staying at and were all camping outside when we arrived back. Before they saw the car, Ariana asked the driver to turn around and go to the nearest Starbucks. "Baby you have coffee in your hand" I said to her.
"It's not for me" she said as she got out of the car and running into the Starbucks with me and Roshad not far behind her.
"Can I have 20 hot chocolates please" she asked politely while pulling out her business card. This girl amazes me every day.

Ariana, Roshad and I handed out all the hot chocolates to the fans who were asleep in tents outside the hotel, it was freezing. Ariana took pictures with them all and then they all sat in a circle and talked for over two hours. This bond was something I have never witnessed before, she brought complete strangers together.
I sat beside one of the fans in the circle, opposite Ariana. I saw her shiver slightly, it was 2am but she looked like she didn't wanna leave anytime soon, I took of my hoodie and walked over and handed it to her. "Thank you baby, I'm okay will you not be freezing?" She looked up at me.
"I'll be fine princess" I smiled at her before she took the hoodie gratefully and pulled it over her head, sighing.
"Okay guys I'm gonna have to go now because I may sleep or I will lose my mind! Please go home and get into bed, thank you for coming to the show. I love you guys unconditionally and you mean the world to me, thank you for this it's just what I needed" Ariana hugged all of them individually and shivered before taking hold of my hand as we entered the hotel.
"Thank you for staying out there with me baby, you didn't have to, you look tired" she said her eyes half closed because she was so tired.
"I wasn't gonna leave you alone baby" I yawned as I pulled her into a hug as we waited for the elevator.