Chapter 22: heartbreak

*this is for reading purposes, nothing said here is serious in any way or what actually happened*
Ariana's POV
We finally got back to the hotel room, it was 5 am and everyone had just got back. We went out for dinner after the concert and then found a small karaoke bar where we spent the remainder of the night.
Y/N ordered post mates which was due to arrive any second, I was starving and I couldn't wait to sleep. Y/n danced around the hotel room and I was filming everything and laughing my ass off. I was so happy.
Finally Y/N's phone buzzed and our post mates was at the lobby, y/n kissed me quickly before running out the door.
I started scrolling through my twitter and Instagram and I froze.
Ariana Grande's Ex boyfriend found dead in his California home
Mac miller dead at 26
Mac miller overdoses at home at 26
My stomach suddenly turned and I ran to the bathroom and got sick everywhere.
He's dead.
I broke down on the floor, sobbing hysterically. This was all my fault, I moved on with Pete too fast after the break up, I couldn't breathe.
The man I once loved was dead, he was one of my best friends, the man I went to for comfort when y/n and I had a fight was dead.
Suddenly the door clicked open and y/n came in humming to the last song she was dancing to.
As soon as she saw the state I was in on the floor she dropped the bag of food and came running over to me and pulled me into her lap. I sobbed uncontrollably into her sweater, I tried to catch my breath but I couldn't. Suddenly I jumped up and ran to the bathroom and got sick again.
Y/N's POV
What the fuck was going on? I came back from getting food to find my girlfriend hysterical on the hotel room floor screaming repeatedly "it's all my fault".
"Baby what happened? I can't help you if you don't tell me" I said to her softly as I held back her hair as she threw up into the bathroom sink.
"M-m-" She stuttered before turning back around to vomit more.
I rubbed her back comfortingly when I saw her phone was blowing up with notifications, you couldn't unlock her phone because of how crazy it was. What happened?
I sat her down on the toilet seat and quickly ran out to her work phone to see if I could figure out what happened since she wouldn't talk.
*Scooter Braun incoming call*
I quickly answered the phone and held it up against my ear.
Hey scooter, please tell me what happened.
Oh y/n, you don't know yet, is Ariana okay?
No she's a mess, tell me what is going on
Mac's dead y/n
No he's not, he can't be he was doing so well what happened?
Overdosed, I've got a lot to deal with right now, Ariana is going to get a lot of hate, just take care of her, I'll be in contact soon
Okay thank you, I will
*call ended*
I stood in the middle of the bedroom in shock, he was doing well. Ariana was talking to him a few days ago.
I knocked the guy out only a few weeks ago and now he's dead, i was heart broken, he was so talented and young.
Then there was a knock on the hotel room door, it took me a minute to register it because I was in so much shock.
I quickly ran over to answer it, I had to get back into Ariana, I can't imagine what she's thinking.
Courtney, Doug, Brian, Scott, Fredo, Joan, Frankie and Sarah all stood outside the door, a lot of them crying.
"Is she okay?" Joan broke the silence.
"No, I may go back into her, come on in, I'll bring her out" I said as I stepped aside letting them all walk past and into our hotel room. 
I ran back into the bathroom to find Ariana in a ball against the wall crying her eyes out. I pulled her close to my chest but she pushed me away, she was sobbing.
"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME" she screamed as she pushed me back against the wall. "I DON'T WANT ANYONE NEAR ME, THIS IS ALL MY FAULT, HE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE IF I DIDN'T BREAK UP WITH HIM" she continued to scream at me, as tears streamed down her face and she pointed her finger at herself, hitting her chest repeatedly.
I ran over to her and held her, she fought to try get out of my arms but she needed me more than ever. She finally gave in and just broke down.
"I'm sorry baby" she said softly as she cried against my collar bone, her warm tears splashing against my skin.
"Don't apologize baby, please just know this wasn't your fault, he did this himself, it was his decision. He loved you and you loved him, he wouldn't want you blaming yourself, he needs you to be strong" I said as I ran my fingers through her hair and kissed her sweaty forehead.
"I owe him so much, he helped me through Man-n-ches-ter" she sobbed.
"Baby, you've helped him more than you will ever know" I said into her hair as I held her tighter.
"What am I gonna do? Everyone already blames me" she was beginning to calm down as her breathing steadied.
"Hey look, that's the last of our worries for now, we just need to focus on honoring him and making sure your okay" I said softly.
She nodded her head and kissed my lips softly, holding onto the side of my cheeks and rubbing the softly with her thumbs.
"I love you" she whispered against my lips.
"I love you too, so much" I said as I kissed her.
I held her there, on my lap just rocking her back and forth for the next 45 minutes as she cried softly.
"Baby, there's people here to see you, they want to make sure you're okay" I said.
"I don't want to see anyone right now" she said harshly as she took her head out of the crook of my neck.
"I know you don't but they want to make sure you're okay" I whispered softly, rubbing under neath her eyes softly with my thumb.
"Okay" she nodded slowly and climbed off my lap and stood up.
"There's my girl" I said as I stood up as well and pulled her into a hug. She inhaled my scent deeply and tightened her grip around me.
I took her hand in mine and walked out of the bathroom into our bedroom where everyone was either sitting on the bed or on the floor.
"Oh Ariana, my baby, are you okay?" Joan said as she took Ariana's free hand in hers and kissed it softly.
"Momma" Ariana cried before falling into her mothers arms and breaking down once again. She never let go of my hand once, I was her anchor keeping her safe.
Everyone came over and hugged Ariana and talked to her and made it clear that none of this was her fault and that everything would be okay.
Sarah was last and she came over, Ariana's grip on my hand tightened and she pulled me closer to her.
She embraced Ariana quickly and then hugged me tightly, letting the hug linger and inhaling my scent deeply, just like Ariana does all the time. Was she trying to copy Ariana?
Ariana pulled my hand harshly so I stumbled back slightly and out of the hug, Sarah gave me a sad smile and did the same to Ariana which we both returned, except neither was genuine.
Ariana turned to me, Sarah still standing there awkwardly and placed her lips on mine, letting Sarah know who's I really was.
"Thanks for everything baby" she said softly.