Chapter 43: recovery

Ariana's POV
It's been a week since the accident, my leg is healing slowly and my head is beginning to hurt less and less. I've had to stay in a dark room, away from any noise for the week because my head injury could be triggered by light and sound.
Y/n has been really good to me, she checks on me regularly and she cuddles me a lot which is what I really need right now.
"Baby?" I said looking up at y/n, her eyes fixed on her phone as I lay on her chest.
"Yes beautiful?" She said, smiling down at me.
"Do you miss lily?"
"Never, seeing her made me realize how much I didn't like her, we sorted things out and I got answers that I've been searching for" she kissed my bandage on my head softly, running her fingers lightly up and down my back.
"Did the kiss bring back any feelings?"

"No baby, it didn't" she sighed, she was getting annoyed and I didn't want to push her.

I fell asleep listening to the sound of her heart thump in her chest, her chest rise and fall regularly and her stomach grumbling occasionally. She ran her fingers through my hair, while staying on her phone for the whole time I slept until she had to go downstairs to help Sarah with her studies for university.

I woke up, I haven't left my room since I got back from hospital and I couldn't look at the beige walls for much longer.
I stood up, grabbing the dresser for support and grabbed my crutches holding myself up. After about 10 minutes I made it out to the top of the stairs and then I had no idea what to do next. I was too weak to make it down the stairs on my crutches but I had no other way down.
"Woah woah, where do you think you're going?" Y/n ran up the stairs.
"I wanna go downstairs" I said putting my crutch on the first step, attempting to get down.
Then I was swept off my feet and carried down the stairs bridal style by y/n.
"All you had to do was ask" y/n winked at me before pecking my lips and placing me back down on the ground gently and helping me into the kitchen.
"How did you sleep?" She pushed over a bowl of oatmeal to me, pouting out orange juice for me.
"Good, I missed you when you left but good until then" I smiled putting a big spoon of oatmeal in my mouth and savoring the taste.

"How are you feeling?" She took a spoon of her own oatmeal, before taking a seat beside me.
"I'm okay" I kissed her mouth that was full of cereal and she smiled widely while I laughed loudly at her.
"I love you" I said, placing my hand on her cheek and rubbing it softly.
"I love you more" She said.
"Impossible" I played back with her as she stood up and brought our bowls to the sink.
"Nothing is impossible" she smirked.

Y/n helped me get shower and get dressed and she took the bandages off my head, changing them.
"You're the best" I said as she wrapped them around my head and I recorded her, laughing when she kept getting it wrong.
"I know"'she rolled her eyes, laughing with me.

Courtney came upstairs to check on me a few times so y/n could go and shower and do grocery shopping.
"Hey" Courtney said as she walked into my room and laying down on the bed beside me.
"Hey court" I lay my head on her shoulder as we watched some more spongebob, laughing until we cried.
"What are you gonna do about tour?" She inquired, putting a handful of popcorn in her mouth.
"I don't know, I wanna go back but I won't be able to till after Christmas at the earliest and it's only September"
I switched the tv off and lay down, my head was starting to hurt and I needed to get some sleep.
"Yeah but don't push yourself, if you can't perform then you can't perform. Your health is more important than anything else" she rubbed my back as I slowly drifted off to sleep nodding along to what she said.

Alexa and Doug came over to visit and they were flying back to New York with us in a few days when I was ready to fly.
I was asleep when they came so the both of them came up to my room and lay down beside me and slept because they had jet lag.
I woke up and got a huge fright when I saw everyone laying in my bed but quickly started laughing when I realized who it was.
I text y/n since she was the only one missing and I needed a cuddle.
Me: where are u?
Baby is typing...
Baby: I'm down stairs playing with the dogs, are you okay?
Me: i just want a cuddle :(
Baby: I can do that :))) give me one minute I just have to feed the dogs
Me: ok hurry plssss
Not long after I sent the text and I heard the dogs barking, y/n came running up the stairs and opened the door slowly, light seeping through making me squint.
She closed the door quietly behind her and came over, climbing over Doug and laying beside me, pulling me against her.
"Hey baby" I cooed, looking up at her kissing her lips softly.
"Hey princess" she purred, kissing me back.
"I love when you call me that" I said into her ear, kissing her neck slowly, sucking slightly.
She held her hand over her mouth so she wouldn't moan because everyone was in the same bed as us.
She shook her head, pulling me away from her before laughing as I kissed the love bite I left on her neck.
"You can't do that to me and not expect me to do something about it" She muttered, pulling me on top of her so we had more room.
"Do something about it then" I giggled, kissing her again, this time not pulling back.
She kissed me back, running her fingers down my back and resting them on my ass, squeezing lightly.
She stopped and smiled widely before I pecked her lips. I needed her but she knew we couldn't until I was fully recovered, I sighed disappointed that she stopped.
"I love you" she tried cheering me up, laughing slightly.
"I love you too" I said, laying my head on her chest, checking my phone.
I had a million tweets and text messages from people about the crash but I just put out a tweet a few days ago saying I was okay and I would be fine but that the tour had to be cancelled. I got a lot of positive feedback and my fans have been amazing, they are so understanding of the whole situation.
I sent down chocolates, flowers and signed postcards to them when they camped outside the hospital and sent down y/n to give it to them and they all sent back up flowers and cards which I read all of them and posted about on my Instagram story.

"What time is it?" Alexa groggily said as she sat up, looking around confused.
"Like 8pm, where's Courtney and Doug?" I said, turning around in y/n's arms so I faced her and cuddled more into her chest.
"Gone to make food" Alexa laughed, laying back down.
"That's going to be a disaster, as long as they don't burn down the kitchen" I giggled, closing my eyes again as y/n hugged me tighter in her sleep making my heart flutter.