Chapter 42: forget me not

Y/N's POV
Fans have been trying to get into the hospital for the past four hours that Ariana has been in surgery, there's cops outside and I can't think straight.
It was a drunk driver, he hit her head on and her car flipped over multiple times. They think she has brain damage but they won't know till she wakes up and she has a few broken bones.
I've been sitting out here with her whole family just waiting for the doctor to give us an update and then lily walked in.
"This is all your fault, you crazy bitch" I screamed lunging at Lily and Courtney held me back as lily wiped her eyes.
"I'm so sorry y/n, I didn't think this would happen" she cried, backing away.
"Didn't think what would happen?! That the love of my life would have to fight for her life? Did you think I wanted to kiss you?! Get the fuck out of here and don't come near me or my girlfriend ever again" I shouted causing a scene in the waiting room but I didn't give a fuck.
A few hours later...
It's now 3am and its only me, Joan and Frankie left waiting, everyone else went home to take care of the dogs and to get Ariana clothes.
"She really loves you" Joan said taking my hand in hers, smiling at me.
"I really love her too, like a lot"
"It's not your fault" Joan hugged me and I broke down in her arms, sobbing uncontrollably.
"It's all my fault, she would be fine if I didn't invite my ex back and she would be in my arms right now" I cried into Joan's shoulder as she held me tighter.
"It's not your fault, no one is to blame for this" she wiped my eyes and then wiped her own.
"Ariana Grande Butera" the doctor called through the waiting room and we all stood up and ran over to him.
"She's stable, she has brain damage that has caused memory loss but we haven't determined if it is long term or short term, she has broken several bones but none are too severe. She's conscious in her room but very weak and confused so please don't overwhelm her and give her time" the doctor placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled.
We went up to her room and walked in to see her staring out the hospital room window.
"Hey Ari" Frankie was the first to speak and he walked over to the bed, placing a hand on her shoulder.
She was hooked up to so many machines, covered in bandages but she still looked so beautiful.
"Hey Frankie, Hey mom" she smiled at them before looking at me.
"Are you here to check my vitals?" She said, looking down at her arm.
Joan and Frankie both covered their mouths with their hands in shock and Ariana just looked at them confused.
I left, closing the door behind me and running out to the car and breaking down crying. My own girlfriend doesn't know who I am, what am I gonna do?

Ariana's POV
"Who was that?" I was so confused, one of the nurses just came in and then left suddenly.
"Honey, that's your girlfriend" my mom said causing me to be completely shocked.
"I have a girlfriend?!"
"Yeah her name is y/n, you got in a fight and left and that's why you're in here" Frankie said, sitting down beside me as I tried to take it in.
"I don't have a girlfriend, I would recognize her if I did" I said, taking my phone and looking through my photos.
My camera roll was full of photos of us. We were kissing, cuddling and videos of y/n doing funny things but I had no memory of her.
After about an hour, Frankie and my mom left and I was told to get some rest. I don't remember the crash or anything but apparently I was in a car crash because I saw my girlfriend kiss her ex girlfriend and I freaked out and crashed but I don't know.
The next day...
Y/N's POV
I'm going to see Ariana today to see if she remembers me and if she doesn't then I'll just go talk to her, I really miss her.
"Hey" I said, opening the door and knocking lightly and Ariana smiled widely at me.
"Hey y/n" I missed when she used to call me baby.
"Hey Ariana, how are you feeling?" I said, taking a seat in the chair beside her bed.
"Better today, my heads sore but the medication helps. We should probably talk about the elephant in the room" she said, looking at me from her bed. she was so gorgeous.
"Probably" I said, moving in my chair.
"So we are together?" She said, she looked really confused. "Well yeah, I guess but you don't recognize me" I said, tears filling my eyes.
We talked for a few hours about everything, our relationship, what we did and she still wore the promise ring and said she remembers getting it on the beach but doesn't remember who gave it to her so I showed her photos that we took on that night. She knew we were together but she had no idea who I was. I had one more option.

I leaned up and kissed her lips, she placed her hands on my chest to push me away but stopped and pulled me closer, smiling into the kiss.
"Y/n?! My y/n? I remember, oh god baby, I'm so sorry" she cried, pulling me into a hug, I began crying tears of happiness.
"I missed you" I said into her neck, kissing it softly.
"I missed you too, I remember why I got mad" she said as I stood up, taking her hand in mine.
"Baby i swear, she kissed me and I pushed her away. I promise you" I said, my words coming out really fast.
"I know, Lily came in this morning to apologized for kissing you and that you didn't want to kiss her. I didn't know who you were but she said when I remembered that it wasn't your fault" she smiled at me before pulling to down again to kiss her.
"God I missed those lips, who knew your lips could bring my memory back" she smiled into the kiss, running her hands through my hair.
The rest of her family spent the rest of the day visiting and dropping in gifts and fans camped outside day and night.
She held onto my hand the whole day, she felt guilty for forgetting me but it wasn't her fault at all and she needed me to be touching her.
I spent the night sleeping beside her in the hospital bed and then she had more testing to be done the next day. Her brain scans came back clear and a cast was put on her broken leg, she was set to be discharged tonight with regular home visits.