Ch. 12 How I fell for him. Literally.

Start from the beginning

"What are you imagining," someone asked. I turned around and it was Hailey. How much did she hear? "Drew and I...we were...playing I spy," I replied somewhat smoothly. Hailey stared at me and then shrugged. "Mommy says I have to take a nap. Do you want to take a nap with me," she asked. Is that the cutest face or what?! If I come with her, she'll never sleep. "I'm sorry Hailey. Drew needed me to do something with him," I said. She looked sad but said, "Alright. Bye sis. Bye Beta."

We walked out of the house and I waved back at Hailey before she closed the door. "What now," I asked. "Well...we have to go back to the mall unfortunately," Drew mumbled. "Oh? What for?" "Hunt has the great idea for all the girls in the alpha's house and myself to go shop for party stuff." "Oh? Who's having a party," I asked.

"Remember the people I met for business," he asked. The green roll lady? "The couple who I said aren't good friends," I asked. He nodded and said, "Well we have to have a picnic. It's business so you'll have to be on your best behavior again. And I don't want you leaving my sight during that time." "Well just lock me up in an ivory tower," I said. He rolled his eyes and made me stop.

"Haylynn I-I really need you to be careful when they come. Werewolves are nothing to play with," he said. He looked serious and deeply concerned. I sighed and looked into his eyes. "Ok Drew. I promise to be very careful," I said and he continued to stare at me. Nothing broke our gaze. That is until someone screamed hello. We both looked over and it was Lisa.

"Are we ready," Lisa asked. She was wearing a pink and white Betty Bop shirt, white skinny's, and pink heels. Abby was standing next to her. Abby was wearing a green hoodie covering up a white collar shirt with jeans and green tennis shoes. I turned back to Drew and asked, "Are we?" He nodded slowly and I grabbed in his hand. I wonder why he's so concerned. It's just a picnic. A picnic filled with aggressive werewolves. Great.

Drew's POV

I think I'm in hell. The girls ditched me as soon as we walked into party city. I said we should just go to Wal-Mart but no! Lisa had to suggest party city. I decided to stand by Haylynn and watch her shop. Nothing else was capturing my attention. "Black or blue," she asked while holding table centerpieces. How the hell am I supposed to know?

"Um...black goes with everything," I said. She looked them over again before putting the blue one down. I looked around the store and Haylynn hit my arm. "What," I asked. "You keep doing that. Stop. It looks like we're stealing," she said. Who would think that? "I put the free candy back! Just get over it," I exclaimed. She rolled her eyes and looked back at the stuff. If candy is out in the open isn't it free? Oh well.

I tried to look discreetly around the store. I feel like someone is watching us. I shifted slightly and caught movement in the corner of my eye. "Haylynn go find Abby or Lisa. I'll be back," I said and walked away. I heard Haylynn protesting but I ignored it. I turned the corner and felt someone pull my chest. Then I felt touch my shoulder. I pushed the person off of me and heard a groan. I squinted and said, "Troy?"

"Hey babe. Nice way to greet me," Troy said. I laughed and helped him up. "Troy it's been like...five years. What's going on," I asked. Troy used to be best friends with Hunt and me. Then his mom got cancer so they moved closer to a hospital to treat her. His mom was human so her immunity to diseases wasn't as strong as werewolves. "Well...actually that's why I'm here. Mom's...she's dead," he said. I stood there shocked and then said, "I'm so sorry." His mom was so nice. When she got cancer it was like the pack got it.

"Yeah...so dad and I should be moving back in soon. How's Hunt doing," Troy asked. "Good. Doing alpha things." "And you're finally the beta," he asked. "Yep. Found my mate and everything. You," I asked. "Not yet man. It'll happen though. Remember I'm two years younger," he said. I pulled him into a headlock and said, "Sure man. I remember." He got out of the headlock and asked, "What's the latest drama I hear about this other pack?"