Chapter 15 - After-effects

Start from the beginning

"Wait, I have a towel if you'd like. You can get sick if you stay wet." I said, surprised at the amount of concern in my tone.

My voice halted his movements, causing his eyes to shift towards me. They stared at me for a moment too long, scrutinising me. I felt hot and bothered under his gaze, and thanked the temperature for being so chilly or my blush would have shown.

"Why do you care?" He finally asked.

"Because I do." I said before I could stop myself. Oh, the mess I was digging myself into was becoming bigger by the minute.

"And why is that?" He asked lowly. "Because you feel sorry for me? Because I'm fucking crazy?"

I squeezed my eyes tightly before opening them again. Cautiously, I walked towards him till I was standing right in front of him.

"You're not crazy, Logan."

He chuckled darkly. "Yeah, right."

"Now wait till I get my bag." I offered a smile.

I hastily walked towards my bag and picked it up, knowing that he was the type to not listen at all and do the exact opposite.

"Here." I offered, handing him my white fluffy towel after retrieving it from my bag.

He took it slowly, his eyes staring at me almost in question. I bit my lip, feeling nervous especially when his gaze lingered on me too long. He used the towel to dry himself off, first his arms and chest then his hair, all the while staring at me. My eyes stared right back at him, not being able to look away. He was just so beautiful. He was beautiful but damaged on the inside. It was a toxic combination.

"Come here." He finally said after a long moment of us just staring at each other.

"What?" I asked shakily.

"Just come." He said impatiently. "You're beavering in the cold."

"Oh." I blushed and took the two remaining steps between us towards him. He used the still dry towel to wrap around me from behind, before he started drying me off. I stayed dead still, my breathing feeling heavy. He was so tall, atleast a head or more taller than me and it actually looked bothersome for him to bend towards my level and dry me. When he got towards my stomach and legs, I shivered heavily. Judging by the small smile that crept up his lips, I knew he noticed it too.

After I was successfully dry, minus my still wet bikini, he ringed out my hair and dried it with the towel till it was partially dry and not dripping.

"Put on your dress, babygirl. I have my jacket in the car if you're still cold." He said.

My skin turned even warmer as I pulled out my dress. This was what I meant. One minute he was demanding, controlling and forceful and the next he was sweet and caring.

When we were both dressed, we silently walked back to the car. It mostly consisted of Logan walking ahead of me while I rushed to keep up in hopes of not getting lost. When we got to the car, he surprised me by opening the car door for me and without any words, buckling me in again. My heart was touched at the action, knowing how hard it was for him to stay sweet all the time when he was fighting a mental condition. I leaned back into the leather seats and breathed in deeply, catching a wiff of Logan's manly smell.

I was so scared of what would happen between us next.

We were out of the forest in no time, and back onto the road with me staring at my hands and Logan's steely gaze onto the road. His hands were clenching the wheel so tightly his knuckles turned white. His shoulders were so tensed, and he looked like he was having an internal conflict with himself. I sighed deeply and rested my head against the seat, averting my gaze out of the window. I was gripping the seatbelt tightly for reasons I had no idea of. I guess it was just instinct being around Logan.