Going to her, Tris needed Felicia to be level headed. She realized it was her own fault with all the suspense and blunt responses. "We both no...it's never going to be perfectly safe in normal standards again. But...these moments are teachable. We've only been living this way for several months. That's nothing. I guarantee we'll be much more ready and fierce by the end of this year."

   Felicia snorted, no humor in her eyes. "Something to look forward to."

   "Yes. That and amazing sex." With that Tris kissed Felicia's cheek and put on her own coat. "We got this. All of us."

   Nodding, Felicia gained some confidence. "We do."

Tris went to the window, squinting her eyes. There were chills going up her arms. She could feel them. Seeing passed the sand swirling around, Tris could make out two figures facing the window she stood at. Tris instinct told her, they were watching her too.

No longer interested in a staring contest, Tris left from the window, afraid of the individuals outside. It took a lot for Tris to fear this much. Her eyes unwatered when Felicia asked her if she saw anyone. She swallowed, restriction making it harder to breathe.

"We need to go, now?" Tris hissed. She held her gun tightly as she waved for the back exit.

"What about our car out front?" Christy asked. "I left a few bags inside."

"Nothing important," Christian said, putting his backpack on.

"It's a big truck. Climb in and in the back and do it docking fast." Tris shoves her brother forward just as a loud bang erupted at the front of the library, as if a sludge hammer was being slammed into wood.

"Go," Tris sneered.

Everyone ran to the back, Jeff showing the way. On a second blow to the door, it cracked open. Tris looked over the stairway as she noticed someone's hand reaching through the hole to shove this out their way.

On impulse, Tris aimed her gun shooting the individual in the lower part of their arm. She heard a loud groan, them sliding their arm out. They went back to banging the door open.

"Tris," Madison hissed, coming around a book shelf. "We have the opening.

Running to Madison, it took a lot for Tris not to lose control. She saw the window open, a set of metal emergency exit stairs, outside the window. There was so much obscurity with light rain and sand blowing as if a tornado was forming. The wind roared like ocean waves slapping into the sand.

"I'll go first," Madison said.

Tris didn't want to openly say she was scared. Those individuals scared her. They could barely see to know what was down there. "Do not drop your guard. None of you."

"Mom," Brennon cried.

"I got you," Christy said.

"Me too," Christian promised. "And your mom's back." He nodded for Madison to go. She used a long sleeve shirt to cover a portion of her face.

Felicia took a scarf from her bag citing it in two. She wrapped one around Brennon's mouth and nose and then did the same for herself.

It was Christian then Christy's turn to go down. Jeff and his little brother Jacob went down next.

"Go," Tris told Felicia. Tris turned, hearing someone coming up the stairs. "Go," Tris yelled, wild with dread. She pulled out her Katana.

Brennon went down, and then Felicia. Stopping, Felicia paused waiting for Tris to come through the window. She held on to the cold rails as the wind jerked her body around and held her hand out. "Come on Tris."

Tris heard footsteps and knew she had to make a hard choice. "I will find you all." She slammed the window down and turned as her body was yanked into the air and slammed to the carpeted floor. Tris took a big gasp as the individual went for the window, Felicia standing there read y come back in.

Using all her fast speed, Tris leaped up after the individual and rammed their head into the wall next to the window. In a scream, Tris spoke. "Go."

Felicia let tears out, and began her way down the stairway.

In a protective rage, Tris gave everyone the chance to escape, slamming the individuals head into the wall repeatedly.

She felt something sharp protrude from her backside. The other end of the sword coming out from her belly. It was her own Katana.

She turned around slowly, finding a woman with yellow eyes and red veins around the socket of her eyes. There was blood around her mouth. She studied Tris, leaning in to take a big sniff of her aroma. A smile played on her lips.

The one she'd been attacking stumbled around to face Tris and grimaced. "Her friends escaped." He looked in the same condition.

At this moment Tris realized, these were the same individuals she saw at the hotel. They were able to stand around walkers with no issue. Tris knew what they were. It was the same as what she was. But, it seemed they embraced their new lives to the fullest.

Hands cradling the tip of the sword, Tris reached around to feel the Katana angled further to her right side. She was able to reach, slowly pulling it out by gripping the blade. They watched only in amusement. When Tris was able to remove the Katana, she blinked feeling too weak to hold herself up and dropped to her knees before passing out.