"Doc if this is about my past, can't it just stay there in the past? I thought I did pretty well at distracting you last night so that we wouldn't have to talk about it anymore." I say with a cheesy smile.

"Oh so you thought by begging me to have sex with you that you could get out of hearing what I had to tell you."

"Well it did seem to work last night. Hey and I didn't beg."

"Oh really! I seem to recall the words 'please don't stop, do whatever you want but don't stop' coming out of your mouth."

I turned beet red and threw a piece of bacon at her, "Hey that doesn't count!"

"But all joking aside we do need to have a serious talk, Jessie. I know you don't want to but we do need to talk. I need to tell you some things before I leave for Africa."

"Wait, what! When are you leaving?"

"Well I told you earlier that one of my contacts called me this morning. He said they needed me back in Africa to help gather some Intel on the next big fight that is scheduled in a couple of weeks."

"Whoa, what do you mean your contacts in Africa and you are needed there?"

"Jessie, this has to do with some of what I was trying to tell you last night before I fell apart on you then we were sidetracked. I think that we should talk at least a little bit about some things, if that is ok with you. You can stop me anytime. Ok?"

"I don't know doc, I'm just not sure I am ready to hear everything yet."

"Ok, but I at least have to tell you what is about to happen."

"Fine, but I have a feeling I'm not going to like where this conversation leads."

"Probably not but here goes. As I told you last night, I was best-friends with your mother and delivered you. After you were born, I had to continue with my work all over Africa so I wasn't around as much as I wanted to be. I would do my best to get back to your village for yours and Cameron's birthdays and holidays but I was in such high demand that those were about the only times I could get back to your village. I really wanted to be there all the time but it just wasn't possible. While I was on an extended trip to northern Africa to some of the more remote villages, I got word of the attack on the village where you all lived. I was devastated when I returned to see the aftermath. I spent months trying to find any trace of you but came up empty. That is when I decided to get with the police and start a task force dedicated to shutting down the fight rings hoping that I could find you and bring you back to the states. This is why I say it is all my fault. I should have never left you, I should have said the hell with everyone else and stayed to protect your family."

"Whoa, doc. It's not like you could have taken on Malachi's army by yourself, you would have probably been killed and then I would still be a slave. I told you before it's not your fault, its Malachi's."

"Maybe but it is a decision I will regret the rest of my life! Anyway, the reason I am telling you this is because one of my contacts with the task force called this morning and they have some Intel on a fight happening in a few weeks somewhere around Cape Town. They need me to come help with surveillance and Intel gathering and then with the sting. I have to leave tonight and will be gone for a few weeks maybe a month."

"WHAT, you are leaving? You just said that you regret not staying with my family before and now you say you are leaving me again. What the hell, doc! So now you and Cameron are both leaving, what next, Amy too. I can't believe this." I go to stand up but before I can take a step she is around the table and is hugging me.

"Jessie, please let me finish." She takes a step back so she can look me in the eyes but she still has ahold of my shoulders so that I can't leave. She looks me dead in the eyes, "Jessie I promise you that I will be back before Cameron leaves for boot camp no matter what! Nothing is ever going to keep me away from you, especially when you need me. I promise I will always be here for you even if it is only by phone, Skype whatever, I will be here. Do you understand?"

"Sure doc, whatever you say."

"Jessie, don't say it like that. There are more kids just like you out there, and although I finally found you, I can't just leave others if there is a way for me to help them. You should know me well enough by now to understand that. Also, remember I will never lie to you. You can ask me anything and I will tell you the truth."

"I know Alex, it's just that, I'm just now getting used to having you and Amy in my life and I don't want to be without you. Wait did you just say that you found us and got us out of Africa?"

"Well yeah, I was head of the task force that broke up your fight and got you to safety and then back here. Didn't Cameron explain this to you?"

"He explained some things but apparently he left out some of the details. I guess I will need to have another chat with him. Alex do you promise to answer my call while you are gone?"

"Of course I do as long as it doesn't jeopardize the mission and know if I don't answer I will call you back as soon as I can. Hey, you actually do know my name!" We both began to laugh.

"Duh, of course I know your name I used it a couple of times last night if you will recall, but for some reason doc usually comes out instead, like a nickname. Although, it's not a real creative one! I guess I should get home so that you can get ready to leave." I look up and see that she has now turned a bright shade of red.

"Jessie you really don't have to leave yet."

"Why, you want to go for round two and forget about everything else again? I mean it was amazing last night. I bet it will be even better this time because I think I'm getting the hang of what you like."

"Well, aren't you feeling full of yourself this morning. Sorry but no. I told you no one can find out about last night, especially Cameron."

"Fine doc, I actually have a lot to think about. So I should probably get going."

"Ok, well how about we meet for dinner tonight before I leave? By then I should be packed and ready to go and can answer any more questions that you have. I will also get an appointment set up with a good friend of mine, Dr. Davis, so you can begin working through your flashbacks. Ok?"

I try and give a reassuring smile but it doesn't really come off as a genuine one so I just nod. "Alright then, I will text you later with a time and place for dinner. I look forward to it."

Without another word, I turn and head for the door. Even though it's only around eleven o'clock it is already hot as hell out, but I decide to walk to the park anyway. The walk will give me some time to think and I have plenty to think about. I wonder why Cameron didn't bother to tell me that the doc was the one who rescued us or the fact that she was friends with our parents. I have a lot of questions for him but how do I know he will tell me the whole truth this time. The more I think about our previous conversation the angrier I become.