Chapter 13

Jessie

I just stand there and watch her board the plane and then the plane takes off. By now, it is well after midnight but I just don't feel like going home yet so I just drive around for about a half hour. I find myself over by the park and remember Jay and Izzy talking about an all night dinner that they frequent and decide to stop in for a milk shake.

The next week kind of goes by in a blur. The days are spent in school and the afternoons at the park with Jay and Izzy playing basketball and the evenings are spent hanging out with Cameron and Amy at home. The Thursday after the doc left is my appointment with Dr. Hall. I really don't know what to expect and I am not looking forward to going. Of course, during our last Skype session the doc reminds me of the fact that I need to go and I promised her I would even though I tell her I haven't had any more incidents. She says I would still benefit from it and blah, blah, blah. I miss the fact that she isn't here in person but I have become used to just hearing from her by phone, once a week via Skype and the occasional text messages.

The day finally arrives for me to visit Dr. Hall. Cameron and Amy both ask if I would like them to come with me but I tell them no. I just feel this is something I need to do on my own. When I get to the office, I'm greeted by a very cheerful and cute receptionist. She explains the paper work she hands me and says that once it is completed the doctor would be right with me. Great! I look at the paperwork and it is asking all kinds of questions that I don't really want to answer so I just answer them with as little information as I can.

Once I am taken back into the doctor's office, I really become nervous and break out in a cold sweat. Dr. Hall introduces herself, "Hello Jessie, I'm Dr. Victoria Hall. It is a pleasure to finally meet you. Alex has told me a lot about you and it is good to finally put a face with your name."

I groan, "Great what has the doc been telling you? I'm sure it is nothing good."

"Jessie, why don't you go ahead and have a seat and we will get started." I take a seat on the couch across from Dr. Hall's desk as she sits in a chair directly in front of me. "Let me just start by saying that anything we talk about during your visits are confidential and will not be discussed with anyone other than you. So feel free to express any emotions or concerns without worrying about anyone else learning what you say inside this office. It is important that you know that you can be open and honest with me about anything or anyone."

"Sure, whatever, so you won't even tell the doc what we talk about, even though she is your friend and obviously already talked to you, probably telling you everything that she thinks is wrong with me and would want me to tell you?"

"Yes, Jessie, that includes my friend Alex. What is said inside this room is completely confidential."

"Ok well, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I really don't have anything I want to talk about. I only agreed to come because the doc said I needed to and after all she has done for me I couldn't tell her no. So here I am, but I have nothing to say."

"I'm sorry you feel that way Jessie, from what Alex has told me she feels that you have a couple of things she thinks I can help you with. She also told me that you would probably not be very open with me so why don't we start with a few simple questions."

I just roll my eyes and say, "Whatever, what exactly has the doc told you about me since it is obvious you two have talked quite a bit about me."

"Jessie, I am here to help you. Alex is concerned about your anger issues and how you handle emotional situations. She is a very good friend of mine and I promised her that I wouldn't let you leave my office until you opened up a little."

I start laughing, "No offense but if I want to leave there is nothing you can do to stop me."

"She told me you would say that and for me to tell you that if you don't behave you would be breaking the promise you made to her. I take it that you don't like to break promises. Is there a reason for that?"

Fighting For Freedomजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें