chapter 49 / Epilogue

Before you read: please read the A/N in the end . It's important
--------------------------------------
Mia's POV

I was sitting in Mr. Khanna's office, apparently Karan had some stuff to give me but he couldn't do it himself.

Thus as his lawyer, Mr. Khanna was given the job to make sure that I get whatever he had to give. I knew he won't pull any stunt on me ,but I couldn't take any chances. That's how Mr. Hriday Arora, my lawyer he was also present with me.

I was mad at him, really. When he denied Andra's custody,and he had the nerve to say "she's yours", as if he was doing me some favour. I wanted to fight with him ,but I am a selfish mother. Even though I proposed the idea ,but I was scared somehow that he'll take my baby away. Whatever's happening, it was so wrong. He gave up his child,but I needed Andra. More .

Karan will not claim her now. No . But still there could be stuff, I didn't trust him anymore. "Mrs. Raichand  . Mr. Raichand since you have both signed the papers, I whould submit it for processing in the next week, he didn't want mutual custody . So legally the child has to live with the mother for the first 5 years. In this case Andra Raichand is to stay with you for 18 years, after that she can decide. Since you two are legally married for 8 months, it won't be any issue getting you two divorced with my influence. Mr. Raichand didn't want any changes with any clauses, he agreed with everyone. So now it's just a matter of time . So with all being said, this is the folder your to be ex husband wanted me to hand over to you. Well that's all,now if you excuse me. Mia." He looked at me then at my lawyer and nodded respectfully,then left. He didn't like me at all, if anything his strict professionalism screamed he couldn't tolerate me here for a moment. But truth be told, I didn't resent him when I should have. He knew all along about everything. There's no doubt he made those divorce papers for us. But that's the point,he didn't mean enough to me.

Whereas Karan! Well I didn't try to call him, I was scared he was going to do something reckless. But apparently his number didn't exist anymore. So there's not much I could do. He was smart enough,so I believed he wouldn't do anything stupid. And it's almost been another week after I received his signed papers. He never called me or texted me,he didn't even want to know about Andra anymore.

"Well looks like, there's nothing else to do.  Thank you Hriday ,for coming with me today . Let's just go ". Hriday Arora he was like a brotherly figure in my life. Our fathers did business together and then we became friends. But just like me Hriday also had no interest in the businesses world and pursued his passion in law, now he was partners with one of the most famous private firms .

"No issues Mia. There's no telling what is bustard of a husband will do. So I am surprised really. Anyways I have to go . Bye". The red Suzuki sped off in front of my eyes.

Now that I was alone,my hands were shaking holding that manilla envelope. I didn't know what was inside and honestly I didn't even want to see it. He didn't even come for today's meeting. I thought I'll see him today.

I could try Infront of the everyone. But in the inside I cared for him.deeply.

He updated a selfie with Andra in his Instagram account with the caption
' my little warrior' on the same night we had this huge fall out. Andra was looking so cute but I couldn't look away from him, Karan Raichand , making faces at an infant. Yeah right.

That photo went viral, only personal picture in his profile, otherwise filled with his pictures with very important business men and company's development. Apparently girls liked his goofy face too much. My blood was boiling scrolling down all the suggestive comments. Was I a stalker for doing that? I didn't know anymore. My heart was crying,but I was doing the right thing. I couldn't stay with someone who betrayed me so bad.

I finally found the courage in me to open the envelope. The first thing I found was house keys, my set of keys that I left and car keys- well even karan's cars keys ! Another small key for something- I assume it's a locker's key and a letter .

I was so confused. why would he be sending me all the keys? That just didn't make any sense.

With trembling hands I began to read the letter.

Mia,

   I just wanted to let you know that this is the last time I am bothering you. I guess you are confused now, seeing all these keys! Well I have no use for these things anymore. I am leaving . I am going someplace far away from here. By the time you'll be reading this ,I will be gone already. I don't want any of these things. Andra is the right full heir to my business and I already sent the papers for processing,but before she turns 21, you are her guardian,hence you have the power of attorney.

Secondly I am giving you all my cars, and the house. I can't stay there anymore,it haunts me. You can either use it or sell it , I don't really care. But I hope you'll keep it, I bought it when I first joined business after saving up for almost one year . But ultimately your decision. I made you the owner of my belongings.

Then lastly that small key is of a small locker , it has some jewelleries in it. My mother's jewelleries. She wanted my bride to have those , I wanted to give them to you on our anniversary but anyways. That's all yours now. You can sell them.

Well that'll be all. I hope you will find happiness with someone in the future, who'll never hurt you. And once again I apologize. Hopefully Andra's doing good too.

  ~yours                                                                   Karan .

For some unknown reason, I was filled with guilt and remorse ,there's no reason for it. He literally gave me his every single thing . And now he was gone somewhere. Probably we'll never see each other again. He was bad. He did me wrong. But then why was it hurting inside so bad?

----------------------------------------------

I am just not ready to end this story like this. So this actually is one kind of ending if you like it. But well for my happy ending lovers , I am gonna write the next part, where we'll see how things go for them a few years later.

Now the important part.

Another book?  Or continue in here? (Vote for option 1 or 2)

I guess another book will be better . In that case suggest me a good TITLE .

Or maybe we'll just stay in this book.

_____________________________________

As usual please vote, comment and share .