chapter 11

Mia POV

I woke up to the delicious smell of food. Looking around, I realised I slept in my bridal dress and those candles has burned out. I also came to a realisation that Karan never came last night . I was left alone in my wedding night. I felt like crying. But then another thought hit my head what if? What if he's not all right? What if something has happened to him otherwise he would have never done that . I searched for my mobile in the hope that he might have left me some text or something. But there was none.

I came downstairs after freshening up . There's this lady probably in her late 50s , cooking and humming to herself. Not wanting to startle her I gently called her she looked at me and gave me a warm smile.

"Hey sweetie. I am Meera . I am Mr.Raochand's caretaker and cook".

I don't know why but she reminded me of my maa. Maybe that's just her smile.

"Can I call you Meera MAA?" Oh no! Why did I blurt it out?

She stared at me for some moments and then smiled.
"Off course sweet ! Now tell me what do you wanna eat"?

"Whatever you are making MAA! But what are you making?"

"Puri-sabji. "

"Yum" as if on cue my stomach growled making me red in embarrassment.

"Okhay now I know you really like it . Grab a seat sweet , I will just serve you." I nodded excitedly forgetting my momentary embarrassment and went to grab a seat . Then I remembered him .Karan . My husband. Who ditched me in my wedding night.

"MAA".

"Yes ?"

"Have you seen him ?"

"Yeah he came back early in the morning and now he's sleeping!" Wow just wow . He was out the whole night without even informing me .

Maa placed my plate in front of me but it was as if I had lost my appetite in that moment.

I pushed my plate away .

MAA frowned at me," why won't you eat now?"

"I am not feeling like it. Maa. "

"You should not starve in this condition . You know. It's not good for my kid. So eat ." Came the voice I was craving for.

He took a seat in front of me and nodded at maa. She went away probably to prepare his plate.

( VOTE please ! )

"Where were you last night , Karan ?"

"Out". He was typing furiously in his phone,not even looking at me . He didn't even greet me or kissed my head like he usually does.

"Why are you behaving differently all of a sudden ? Did I do something?"

"Ummm-no . I am not ". that's it. Then he finished his plate still staring at his phone and left home mumbling a small bye. He didn't even say he loves me. What happened to him? We just got married yesterday and he is behaving so aloof .

It was 6 pm . Karan was about to come back . MAA left at 4 after fixing us dinner . I wanted to have a romantic evening with him. So I dressed up a bit . I wore a maxi dress that has a thigh high slit in the right side and a low dip in the front. Overall the dress was bold and sexy . Maybe I'll never be confident enough to wear it in public but for my husband it's nothing.

And I also decorated our place a little. Nothing much just dim lighting and a romantic slow music in the background and I placed some red rose . I was waiting for him eagerly. But he's yet to show up . It was already 8 pm. I was waiting for him for 2hours now .

Finally I hit the call button . He picked up on the 3rd ring .

"What?"

"Won't you even ask how I am doing?"

"Mia! I don't have time for this stuff. I am busy ? What do you have to say?"

"Nothing! Just wanted to know when will you come? So we will eat together".

"Don't wait for me. Take your food on time. I will be late."

And he hung up. I was shocked why was he talking to me in that tone? Doesn't he love me anymore? But he said he's busy! Maybe he has some meeting ! Yeah that must be it.

But still I wanted to eat with him . So I took a light snack and decided to wait for him to come back .

See surprise another update ..... Now please vote!!!!! VOTE