chapter 44

Mia's POV

Life always finds ways to mess with you. Andra was crying furiously, her pinks cheeks turned an angry shade of red after all the crying she did. She was in no mood of stopping anytime soon.

The nurse even did a double checking of her diaper,her stomach was full . Well I guess, she had taken after Karan , the most unreasonably demanding nature .

His mistake though, he sneaked in for the last 14 nights where I was lying on this bed, pretending to be asleep. I never was, how could I? My entire world had fallen apart! All because of him,why did you lie to me Karan?
Wasn't I enough for you?

If it wasn't for Andra, I would have given up on life, but I had to live for her. I will live for her. My heart was already broken in small pieces ,yet it never ceased to break more whenever my thoughts wandered, and that was a constant.

It's weird. Really. Even if I hurt my toe somewhere he would be there, creating a riot, but now that I was breaking from the inside he is the reason behind it. It hurt to evrn take another breathe.

"Shhh baby girl how more energy do you have?" The nurse kept trying to shut her up, she looked tired enough. "Ma'am if she doesn't stop ,then it'll affect her health. We need to stop her fast."

Why Karan! Why did you have to leave your touch on her?

"Ma'am please call in your husband. Maybe he'll be able to shut her up!" Poor Andra, she looked miserable.

"Shhh baby girl. Momma loves you. Shhh" I took her back in my arms, that were still paining, my body was still recovering from the injury I gained from the drop on the floor. Andra was perfectly fine though,that's what mattered to me, I will heal in time.

Karan will be able to handle her,but I wasn't ready to face him ,at all. I was avoiding confrontation, I was just saving myself from the harsh reality that he'll give me. That I would accept from him, nothing but the truth. But I wasn't just ready.

My poor baby, maybe this is what the mother hood is all about, sacrificing for your offspring. I covered her entire face with kisses . She squirmed in my hold throwing her tiny legs in the air.

"Ma'am should we?" It's amazing how I even forgot her presence with us.

I only nodded without looking away from the bundle of crying happiness in my arms. Andra definitely looked more like her father. I could see myself in her but Karan dominated her looks.

I knew the exact moment the door was opened and he entered .
Every step he took towards us.

Dub

My breath was coming out in a pant.

Dub

My heart started beating so fast.

Dub

He was here. Every hair in my body was standing in anticipation. I hadn't seen his face in almost 20 days now.

"Aww my baby? Why are you eyes full of tears? Who made your chubby chubby cheeks red ? Hmm . Shhh shhh love. " I felt the exact moment Andra was taken from my arms, his hands touched mine for the tiniest of moment, then it was gone .

I never thought Karan would be this good with our baby, especially when he was scared of kids. I didn't even realize when a small smile came on my face.

He kept making weird faces, till my little monster stopped crying and finally fall asleep.

I dreaded this moment. We would need to talk now. A peacefully sleeping Andra was returned back in my arms.