chapter 12

Thanks guys for 100+ votes and I thought I'll update today. So here it goes and can we target for 120+ votes for the next update and please comment . They are precious.

Mia POV

I woke up at the sound of the door knob turning only to find myself in a very uncomfortable half sitting-half lying position on the couch . The lights were turned on and Karan walked in his disheveled stated . His hair was ruffled clearly a sign of running his fingers them in frustration his tie was hanging loosely from his neck and first 2 buttons were undone and only the one side of his shirt was tucked in and his blazer was thrown over his shoulder casually. But still then he was looking good . He always looks good . My husband .

"Mia, why are you still up?"
He came and sat beside me on the couch letting out a sigh of relief and putting his laptop bag on coffee table. He had his eyes closed and his head tilted backwards.

"I was waiting for you".

"Why ? I told you eat . It's not good for the baby . You gotta take your medicines on time ."

"Okay . But I wanted to just eat with you . But if you don't then okhay I will just go ". I could feel my eyes were teared up. Damn ! This pregnancy hormones. I knew whatever he said that was all true but . I was up and going but then he hold my wrist, stopping me .

"No, it's not that . You go and serve us food and I'll just go and freshen up ". He left for his room living me to heat up the food .

(Vote please! I am gonna to that from now on . Pop up in the middle of nowhere.)

Karan's POV

Her face simply lit up just because I agreed to eat with her ! Wow .

Keeping my word I came back in 10 minutes to see her sitting in her seat and our plates were served . She even managed to lit up some candles and there was some roses .

I took my seat and we started eating . The food was delicious , whoever made this ,knew how to cook .

Then I looked at Mia really looked at her . She's looking ravishing in her sexy dress. Too bad I can't do anything to her but her eyes they were so innocent. Her attire was sexy that clearly demands attention from the other gender. But her eyes so innocent and so pure . There's no other word to define that just beautiful. Those beautiful orbs had some hopeful and expecting looks .

"So , Karan ! Do you like the food ?" She was hesitating.

"Yeah , it's just amazing. Aunty is one outstanding cook ."

"Yeah she is." She mumbled.

"So how was your meeting ?" She's trying hard to keep the conversation flowing. But I was no where interested in participating. I was tired and I just wanted to sleep .

But she's right . She's not wrong if she wants to spend some time with her husband who she loves.This marriage was normal at least for her.

"Usual ". That's better . She'll stop now .

"Karan , I wanted to ask you something actually". She's blushing. Okay now what?

I nodded .

"Why there's no stuff of yours in that room ? I mean it's not your room but then will you help me to take my stuff in yours?"
What? No . We can't share a room.

"Baby ! No . I didn't shift your clothes in mine intentionally. " Her face literally fell hearing that , her beautiful orbs are teary again. No , don't cry . She looks good like this smiling.Her crying face didn't settle well with me .

"No babe , listen to me please. You are pregnant. You need a lot of rest and that can't happen with us sharing a room. I  always work late in my room that will keep you up and also there's another thing"! I was smirking "The way you look right now I can't help but demand for my wedding night . But that can't happen now with you pregnant so for my sake baby.please understand?" I almost pleaded and cupped her side of the face with my free hand.

"Ok" . She gave me a small blushing smile and continued eating. Wow ! How could she brought that crap? She is so naive and innocent and exactly that's why I don't wanna mess with her at least not more than I already have. She's pure and innocent , I would like to keep her that way.

So after food and proper medicine I demanded Mia to go to bed. She demanded me to tuck her in . I did that and I was about to leave but she stopped me and kissed my forehead mumbling a soft "good night hubby!" And closed her eyes. 

I came to my room and closed my eyes ready to drift away but then I remembered her waiting for me to come and eat together. Then I remembered my mom doing the same when I was little. And then she kissed my forehead.

I have been with so many females before but none of them ever waited for me merely just to feed me and none of them had ever kissed my forehead definitely. That felt special .

Because they're not your wife. My subconscious implied.

That night I went to sleep thinking of that girl Whose life I destroyed.