chapter 29

Karan's POV

Imagine waking up looking at the sickly white ceiling and with a stiff body . And then realising your right hand is on cast and there's a needle in your left hand .

My mind went totally blank for a minute and I couldn't even move without hurting anywhere in my body.

Then like a dam was broken, everything came back . The car , the drive ,the call , then BOOM!

Mia. The last thing I remembered was calling her. Then there was nothing.

Since I couldn't possibly move my hands and neck was really stiff , I tried to move my head slowly and a soft tuff of black hair beside my pillow caught my eyes.

Mia. Of course it's her. 

I couldn't believe she slept here beside me,this uncomfortably. Knowing how much she loves her peaceful slumber, that brought a smile to my face.

I remembered how I thought I would die, When I saw that car coming towards mine in a reckless speed.  I knew then and there the driver had lost control and it's gonna crash .

I tried to call her . Desperately. Not because I wanted to give this news to her . But I wanted to tell her that I loved her .

Did I love her? Obviously. At my last moment I realized that . I loved her and the best part , she was already mine .

I always called her love. But I didn't realize when that became a reality.

A beautiful reality . And for the first time I wanted to tell her that . Truthfully.

I remembered proposing to her and saying I loved her , when we were dating. I always called her love but never said that I loved her .

I was so stupid I never realized that . It took me a near death experience to realize my love for my wife.

Now that I was saved , I would make sure to tell her that every time.

I tried but I couldn't move my right hand . And it was paining even to stretch my left hand because of the needle.

"Mia", I called her softly , not to startle  her.

She didn't wake up. So after trying like that for 5 minutes she buzzed.

"Mia, wake up love" . She raised her head and gave me a confused look. Then realization dawned on her . She started to panick.

"Karan , are you fine now ? I should call the doctor. Tell me is it hurting somewhere ? Of course it's hurting you. "

"Shhh . Mia. It's fine . Listen . I love you more than anything in the world. " I finally said it.

Fuck . I should have done something special.

"I love you too Karan . Now let me call the doctor". She smiled and went outside.

She thought it was like a daily day . Good she didn't notice the difference. I still get to do something special.

Mia walked back in with a doctor and nurse .

The doctor was maybe in his mid 30s but the nurse was young .

"Mr. Raichand how are you this morning. Is it paining anywhere?" She asked me some other questions and finally took the needle off my left hand.

"So , I suggest you 1week bed rest and you should be fine and we'll take your cast off in the next 20days. You might want to stay here one more day and you can go home tomorrow" .