chapter 1

UNKNOWN POV

I don't care how we do it, but we have to do it . I want that deal at any cost.Do whatever you have to but get me those information .

-----------------------------------------

Mia's Pov

I seriously can't wait for this day to end . After all it's Friday means the next two days are off . No college and no assignments . I guess I will finally get to hang out with my best friend after so long .

Beep.

From Dad :
Baby, I am sorry to inform you like this but you have to come with me tonight to a important business party .And no , this time you cannot say no . Be ready , see you at 7pm sharp.

Great, and another business party. There goes my plan to relax this evening . This parties are so boring and dad will go around talking to people while I will sit somewhere alone . Why does he always insist!! I can't even deny this time . Just great .

"Hey! Dude seriously you always zone out on me like that . What are you thinking now" ,asked Zoha,my best friend from as long as I can remember. She's the most outgoing and chirpy among us .

"Nothing ! Dad's taking me to a party again and as usual I don't wanna go."

"Hahaha, babe I seriously pity you . But look at the bright side maybe someone will catch your eyes . Finally ", saying that she pulled my cheeks and winked. I swatted at her hands like some pesky little fly . I love her a lot and everything but sometimes she's so annoying.

"Go away . Don't bother me . You know me too well I am not going there to look for my potential lover" even my own voice sounded whining to me .

"Awe look someone is blushing , but who can resist some hot guy in suit right??? Okhay babe let's go after this lecture we'll go and get you all dolled up . Hurry" before I could protest she pulled my cheeks again and ran away.

Like zoha promised, she helped me get dressed now I am here sitting in a corner seeping some soft drink and my father is talking to some men who look as serious as him .

"And this is my lovely daughter Mia" father came with those gentlemen he was talking to and introduced them to me . Father took me and introduced to some other people . Suddenly there came a man , maybe the most gorgeous man I have ever seen and shook hands with my dad . I just couldn't look away from his eyes they had me transfixed .

"And Mia this young fellow is Karan Raichand . He's now working for his father's company as the CEO" dad introduced us and that broke my vision . I was blushing looking downwards hopefully he didn't notice . But the teasing smile he gave me proved otherwise . He took my hand and kissed the back of it making me blush harder .

"Hello Mia, it's a pleasure to meet you" even his voice was baritone smooth husky - so hypnotising

"Hi" I managed without stuttering . Then I realised my dad was not there anymore . I looked at Karan but he was gone , leaving me smiling like a fool .

That night my eyes were only on him watching him, following his steps . He was talking to some people and then he laughed . At that moment I had developed a crush on him .