It's All An Act (OHSHC Fan-Fic) Chapter 28

(Kyoya's POV)

As I slowly came to, I could hear a beeping sound, that I recognized as a heart monitor, the sound of shuffling feet, and I could feel a stinking pain in my hand. I slowly opened my eyes to come face-to-face with a white painted ceiling. I littered up my hand to my face, and saw that I had two needles in my left hand. One was connected to an IV, and the other was connected to a tube that was pumping blood out of me. My eyes followed to where the tube lead. Learicka. Suddenly everything came back to me. I quickly sat up and looked over at Leah. Her eyes were closed, and her hair was laid out around her head as if it were a halo. She would have looked so peaceful, had it not been for the bandage wrapped around her head and the tears running down her face. My heart broke at that sight.

I must have been staring at her for a long time, because some one cleared their throat. My head snapped towards the doorway. There stood my father, he gave me a knowing look with amusement dancing in his eyes. I blushed a little from embarrassment. He chuckled at me and shook his head.

He then looked me strait in the eyes, and said, "I'm glad that your awake."

I looked back at him and said, "How long was I out father?"

"Only about a day," he replied. I only nodded. "I'll go get a nurse," he said before turning and exiting the room.

I looked back over at Leah and sighed, wondering why I was the first person that she called. And why father was looking at me like that. A thought popped into my head, he smiled at me! He hasn't done that in a very long time. Not sense she died at least.