It's All An Act (OHSHC Fan-Fic) Chapter 15

After a while of walking, I had finally found my first class. When I walked in, everyone turned to look at me. I walked up to the teacher's desk and said, "Excuse my interruption, but my schedule just got changed and this my new class. My name is Learicka Tagthe, I'm a 2nd year student, and I just recently moved here from America."

The teacher smiled at me and said, "As we usually do, Miss Tagthe will sing us a song, provided she has one prepared. I will play piano to accompany her."

"No need, Miss." I said as I set down my bag and pulled out my guitar. I then grabbed a stool, sat down, and began to play.

When She Cries by Britt Nicole

"Little girl terrified
She'd leave her room if only bruises would heal
A home is no place to hide
Her heart is breaking from the pain that she feels.

Every day's, the same, she fights, to find her way
She hurts, she breaks, she hides, and tries to pray.
She wonders why
Does anyone ever hear hear when she cries?

Today she's turning 16
Everyone singing but she can't seem to smile
They never get past arms length
How could they act like everything was alright?
She's pulling down her long sleeves
To cover all the memories the scars leave
She says, "Maybe making me bleed,
Would be the answer
That could wash the slate clean."

Every day's, the same, she fights, to find her way
She hurts, she breaks, she hides, and tries to pray.
She wonders why
Does anyone ever hear hear when she cries?

This is the dark before the dawn
The storm before the peace
Don't be afraid cause the seasons change
God is watching over you
. . . He hears you.

Every day's, the same, she fights, to find her way
She hurts, she breaks, she hides, and tries to pray.
She'll be just fine.
Cause I know, he hears her when she cries.

Every day's, the same, she fights, to find her way
She hurts, she breaks, she hides, and tries to pray.
She'll be just fine.
Cause I know, he hears her when she cries.

She'll be just fine.
Cause I know, he hears her when she cries."

When I finished the song, I realized that I was crying, I quickly wiped my tears away and looked up. Everyone was looking at me with their mouths open. Soon the room was filled with claps and cheers. I blushed. I wasn't used to this much positive attention.

After the room had quieted down, the teacher came over to me and asked, "Where did you learn to sing and play guitar like that?!"

My hair and eyes immediately turned white. I put my head down and whispered, "My mom taught me before she. . . she. . ." I couldn't finish the sentence as more tears rolled down my face. When I was finally able to talk, I whimpered out, "I turned six the moment she. . ." I took a few calming breaths and eventually squeaked out the last part, "Past."

"If it's been that long, then why are you crying like it just happened a week ago?" Asked some random boy. I almost giggled as everyone else in the class glared daggers at him.

"I have a photographic memory, so it might as well have been a day ago!" I hissed. The boy looked startled at first and then put his head down mumbling something.

I had just finished putting away my guitar when the bell rang, signaling the end of this period.