It's All An Act (OHSHC Fan-Fic) Chapter 24

When we arrived at the school, it was almost time for the talent show to begin. I quickly ran up to my Chamber Choir teacher. "I'm here, sorry I'm late." I said.

"Oh, that's alright," she said, "I'm just glad you could make it. You should know that you have your song and then right after that, you are to do an art thing. Oh! You are the last person for the talent show."

"Ok," I said, "thank you for telling me! Where should I go?"

"You should go and sit backstage with the others." She replied.

"Alright!" I said and then went backstage and waited.

Suddenly the announcer said, "And now, for our final show," I stood up and walked to where I was supposed to stand and waited. "We have Learicka Tagthe! She will sing two. Songs and then draw!" He finished, extending his arm towards me. I walked on stage, set my purse down on the floor, and began.

"This is Goodbye I'm Sorry by And Then I Turned Seven," I said and then started to sing while strumming my guitar.

"Time has run out for me.
Everything's distant and I don't know what to believe.
It's so hard.
Lost in the world, confusion and I need to leave for a while.
Life is so meaningless.
There is nothing worth a smile.
So goodbye.
I'll miss you.

And I'm sorry, but this is my fate.
Everything is worthless.
No one who wants me to stay.
And I'm sorry, but I've waited too long.
So here's my goodbye.
No one will cry over me.
I'm not worth any tears.

It's been the years of abuse.
Neglected to treat the disorder that controls my youth.
For so long.
I'm in a fleshy tomb, buried up above the ground.
It's no use, why should I hold on?
It's been five years don't need one more.
So goodbye.
Life's abuse.

And I'm sorry, but this is my fate.
Everything is worthless.
No one who wants me to stay.
And I'm sorry, but I've waited too long.
So here's my goodbye.
No one will cry over me.
I'm not worth any tears.

Every eighteen minuets, somebody dies from a suicide. Every forty-three seconds, somebody attempts one. If you or anybody you know is suicidal, call 1-800-784-2433.

And I'm sorry, but this is my fate.
Everything is worthless.
No one who wants me to stay.
And I'm sorry, but I've waited too long.
So here's my goodbye.
No one will cry over me.
So here's my goodbye.
No one will cry over me.
I'm not worth any tears."

After that song, I looked up, the crowd was staring at me in awe. Some had tears running down their faces. I ignored that fact that they weren't clapping and went on to the next song.

"This song is dedicated to my late mother, Maria Tagthe, who died protecting me." I said, choking back a sob. "The song is, I Miss You by An Then I Turned Seven." With that, I started strumming the cords.

"Yesterday was full of tears knowing death has just been here.
All was lost but not forgot.
The pain controls my every thought.
A new day's battle has begun.
All was lost and nothing's won.
I can't wait to see the day when the tears all go away.

. . .

I miss you, I kissed you when we laid you in your grave.
I need you to believe you.
Things were meant to be this way.

. . .

Today came with shattered dreams everything's not what it seems.
Don't think death won't come get you 'cause it will life's misconstrued.
Though my battle's just begun I'm dropping arms and going to run.
I can't wait to see the day when these painful tears all go away.

. . .

I miss you, I kissed you when we laid you in your grave.
I need you to believe you.
Things were meant to be this way.

I miss you, I kissed you when we laid you in your grave.
I need you to believe you.
Things were meant to be this way.

. . .

I did nothing at all, nothing at all.
It's all my fault your gone.
Your face on my wall, face on my wall.
It tells it all, you will live on.

I did nothing at all, nothing at all.
It's all my fault your gone.
Your face on my wall, face on my wall.
It tells it all, you will live on."

I knew that I was crying. I really do miss her. The words in that song describe exactly how I feel about her death. All I heard was silence for several minutes. Before people started to clap and cheer. After the applause had died down, the announcer came up to the microphone and then said, "Now Miss Tagthe will draw a picture and we will time it!" I pulled out my sketchbook, a pencil and an eraser. The moment my pencil touched the paper, my eyes closed. I just let my hand move about the page until I felt like I was done. I opened my eyes and smiled sadly at the picture before signing my name on one of the petals of the white lily. I then looked up and handed it to the announcer. He looked surprised. Well, everyone did.

After a little while, my drawing was up on a white screen. Everyone stared at it in awe.

The picture was of a girl kneeling beside a grave. It was raining and she was completely soaked. She was laying a signal white lily at the foot of the grave. If you looked closely, you could see her a darker streak of hair, and her eyes were puffy. However, you couldn't see the tears as they mixed in with the rain. The girl was me. The grave was my mother's. Lily was her favorite flower. And white was her favorite color.

"How long did she take?" On judge asked.

The announcer looked at his stopwatch, his eyes widened and he said, "4 minuets : 29 seconds." The crowd gasped at that and promptly started to cheer. I smiled at them and walked off the stage. "Now the judges will look at the results and choose the top three placements."